Search results

1. R

My parent's '02 B5.5 130 SE

My parent\'s \'02 B5.5 130 SE I'm over in Blanchardstown.
  2. R

Air mass meter

Hi Mike, I replaced mine last week and it was just a straight swap. No calibration required with a MAF.
  3. R

My parent's '02 B5.5 130 SE

My parent\'s \'02 B5.5 130 SE It's a PD anyway. The tire pressures should be in your handbook or failing that maybe under the fuel filler cap, they are on my 98 anyway. Look under the first page of your Service Schedule and you'll see the paint code, might google that and see what turns up...
  4. R

Think my MAF's gone....need help please.

Think my MAF\'s gone....need help please. Pierburg arrived today, only ordered it last week (I'm in Ireland so that was good going). Put it in a few minutes ago and boy oh boy-it's back, the power's back guys!! Thanks a lot Dan, excellent service, would recommend to anyone.
  5. R

Think my MAF\'s gone....need help please. yeah that was me who ordered Dan. Thanks for the reply though. Can't wait to restore the power to the old girl.
  6. R

Is my MAF screwed?

Thanks wingnut. Yeah my car has low mileage even for Ireland, most 98's would be at 100,000 or so.
  7. R

Think my MAF\'s gone....need help please. Hi Danix, How much can I expect to pay you for the merc MAF, including shipping to Ireland? Do you accept PayPal? Thx.
  8. R

Is my MAF screwed?

Can anyone advise me of the mercedes CDI MAF part number? Both Mercedes and OEM (Bosch, right?) numbers would be fantastic. I'm gonna try this if it's so much less expensive. Also, As my car is only at 65k miles does anyone know if VW Ireland have any interest in replacing it free of charge?
  9. R

Is my MAF screwed?

[ QUOTE ] As Cage said, unplugging the MAF is another test you can do. It gives a default value of 550mg/r, so it wil be higher than your current reading of 472. Not much higher, so you may not feel much of a difference. [/ QUOTE ] -spot on wingnut, I tried the disconnect the MAF test before...
  10. R

Is my MAF screwed?

Hi all, I've posted this in B5 passats but not many of you guys have em over there yet so as it's an engine thing this might be a better place. Apologies for the double post but i was getting few reads, I've got a '98 B5 European Passat. It's an AHU engine but contrary to the FAQ (I know...
  11. R

Think my MAF\'s gone....need help please. Hi all, I've got a '98 B5 European Passat. It's an AHU engine but contrary to the FAQ (I know there's a disclaimer about Euro models not being the same), I have the following setup; Garret GT15 Turbo Bosch MAF (Bosch#: 0 281 002 216 VW#: 028 906 461)...
  12. R

Volkswagen recalls 870,000 vehicles worldwide

As already stated it applies to the B5 chassis based VAG cars. It is not a new issue believe me, my control arm bushings failed on the driver side at only 35k miles. Go to club b5 and search for 'control arm problem' and you'll see what I mean. VW have maintained for years that the car was not...
  13. R

Question for Just Some Guy?

I promise JSG, if you answer the above, I'll never plague you again!!!
  14. R

Ah, now that's interesting, because the VW parts guy I spoke to said there was a new part number for the uppers (I didn't ask him about the lowers). I must say the noise has eased somewhat since I put the car up and manipulated the upper arms myself, sort of unbinded them temporarily I suppose...
  15. R

Supplementary question to above...... Which arms ie, upper/lower fail most commonly? I've been quoted €54 for the smaller lower track control arm and €98 for the large curved arm... JSG: Have you had this redesigned setup some back in with the same problem?? Were all 4 arms redesigned, or...
  16. R

Put the car up on jack stands today. can see the upper control arm bushings beginning to crack. I was able to feel quite a lot of play in them too but seeing as I have nothing to compare it with, I'm not sure how bad it is. I could feel no play or see any cracking in the lower bushings) I think...
  17. R

Thanks guys, I'm not prepared to bring it to VW for repair. I'm going to try and locate the bushings and replace them in work, with the press. I'm not going to rant on about this, anyone with a B5 probably knows how bad this is. I believe if this problem is brought into a vw dealer, the control...
  18. R

Hi JSG, I've a quick question regarding B5 Passats, I guess you work on the petrol engined models too!!. It's a control arm question. My car is at 52k, I've had some sloppiness and wandering in the steering for about 6 months and a couple of days ago I got a loud groaning sound from the front of...
  19. R

Time for Timing Belt Change in Milwaukee

Just leave an arm and a leg on the passenger seat...............that should cover it!!
  20. R

Golf 1.4 Specs..????

A friend of mine has one, a three door. I only drove it once and I liked it, crisp gearchange and steady on the road. Basic enough car really, not offensive to anybody. Won't set the land speed record in any category though!!