Search results

1. T

How to tell if my 2005.5 jetta has can bus?

I bought a 2005.5 Jetta with DSG transmission. I can only connect to the engine and transmission modules. My Ross Tech cable is the dual K USB cable. Do I have can bus on my car and that's why I cannot connect to any other modules? I was thinking maybe my gateway is bad and I cannot connect...
  2. T

2005.5 BRM with DSG wrong mechatronics unit?

I just purchased a project 2005.5 Volkswagen Jetta with the DSG transmission. Bought it from the original owners with 91000 miles. The previous owner said they were having transmission issues and changed out the mechatronic unit. When I received it it was stuck in 2nd gear and I performed an...
  3. T

2005 passat tdi P1626

I just purchased a 2005 passat tdi with the BHW-engine. The code triggered is A P1626 no communication from TCU. It appears that the Bentley manuals don't have a good wiring diagram for this model? Where can I get a wiring diagram for the TCU? Thank you!
  4. T

Check out my lifters!

I recently bought a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI DSG with 150,000 miles and the owner said there was a camshaft problem as per the dealer diagnosis. Check out these lifters. There's also a deformation in the injector lobe on the number 2 cylinder that is quite large. I'm curious how it got there...
  5. T

I did something really stupid

I bought a brm camshaft kit from prothe! It has a two-year warranty and he said no one has complained about the kit in 2 years. What's the worst that could happen?
  6. T

Anyone have some loaner brm timing belt tools near the Seattle

Does anyone have the brm timing belt tools near Northwest Washington? Possibly willing to loan them to me? I'm an honest guy I promise there has never been a dishonest TDI owner ever ! I am in the Mount Vernon Burlington area and could really use the tools please!?
  7. T

Advice needed on camshaft wear

Hello: I just purchased a 2006 jetta tdi with dsg. The previous owner had communicated that there was a P0101 code and he took it to the dealership and they said it needed a new camshaft. Accepting this fate, I purchased the car. however, when I got home and popped the hood I found the...
  8. T

2 inch receiver materials (Burlington, wa)

Hello: I was going to fabricate a custom 2inch receiver for my mkv jetta but I sold instead. The materials are 2inch by 2inch by .25 inch thick square tubing. Also have the 2inch receiver 6 inches long. I am in Burlington Washington. Paid 70 for everything but will take 40.
  9. T

Cruise control causing limp mode?

I performed a search and could not find this issue with the MkV; I went on a 100 mile trip and noticed that at about mile 80 the cruise control stopped working and the power was significantly reduced. There was no CEL at anytime. After my business was done getting back into my car to get home...
  10. T

any TDI mechanics in Burlington, mount vernon, wa area?

I have a 2006 BRM DSG jetta that has just started bucking below 2000rpm then above this, it drives like a scalded cat with some increased smoke. I have read everything from EGR and turbo actuators enough to make my head spin. I don't know how to test these, I suppose I could read about how to...
  11. T

cannot identify/find this part! Help!

I received my car back a few months ago (2006 BRM jetta) and it did not have the heat sock or insulating sock on the intake in the back of the engine installed. I asked the mechanic about it and he said he cant find it. I don't know what it is for but I know the germans put it there for a...
  12. T

Can anyone in Houston re-flash a dsg on a 2006 jetta BRM?

I have heard of others having a dsg update on their TDIs, my DSG has always "held on" to 1st gear a little too long when coming to a stop, will the reflash fix this? also, Who in Houston can do this? Must I go to the dealership? I do not want to, as I try to be peaceful and avoid conflict...
  13. T

TDI Oil and filters for sale; air filter, oil filter, fuel filters, and 5L of 505.01

Hello: I am moving and trying to clean out the garage. I am in Houston, Tx and shipping these probably does not make economic sense but I am willing to ship if you are interested. For sale: 5 Liters of 5W30 Total INEO quartz MC3 VW502.00, VW505.00, VW505.01; $40 Mann Fuel filter PU936...
  14. T

2006 BRM Engine part out 85K

Hello: I have a BRM engine from a 2006 Jetta TDI with a crack in the block (from assembly error doing a DSG replacement) Parting out the rest. It was running great and averaging 44mpg on each tank. I am located just south of Houston and if we ship anything, you would pay the actual cost I am...
  15. T

Look at this and tell me if it was installed correctly

PLease look at this and tell me if it was installed correctly Look below; The pointer does not line up. Was this installed correctly? This is apparently the original timing belt but would the factory put this tensioner on incorrectly? This is from a 2006 BRM with 85K.
  16. T

BRM timing belt tools in Houston?

Anyone have some tools they are willing to loan a fellow TDI fan? I will be attempting the timing belt soon and wanted to put a feeler out there before I drop $100 on a set of tools I will use once. thanks,
  17. T

For sale: 2006 VW jetta TDI, Houston, TX (BRM) does not drive

Disregard, I decided to spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to fix it.
  18. T

Cracked engine and transmission 06 BRM with DSG!

I need some advice; I recently attempted to put a new DMF in my jetta BRM, well long story short I have a cracked engine block and cracked trans housing. Do I; 1) part it out? 2) Find a replacement, what engine/trans combos will fit, can I put a later model engine in? 3) PUt the exact...
  19. T

WTB: 2006 BRM engine

my engine has a crack in the block and I need a replacement, anyone have one laying around? thanks,