Search results

1. K

Combo problems

03 ALH stage 2 malone, 2 1/2 ss exhaust, ARP head studs,11mm pump and the better Nozzels just went ahead and put on another new turbo and not only is there a 3 second turbo lag (before it smokes the tires) But now it has no top end, I mean about 3500 rpm and it goes flat line! Could I be running...
  2. K

2012 4motion Tig TDI

I am the proud owner of Jeff's Conversion (bought from here) I need to find a few things I need to replace the rest of the exhaust with 2 1/2" stainless I would also like to find a brush guard, any ideas? And I am thinking I want to change it to a Manual trans
  3. K

suspension links

I know for the MKI they made a front to rear as well as the tower link/ I want to connect my 03 Jetta Sport Wagon because I tow alot! I would like to use a load leveler on a 24' trailer, 3k lbs max GVW
  4. K

TSI gas milage tune?

Is there a Guru that can tune my 2010 TSI Tiguam? We get about 26 mpg and Im used to my TDI Wagon at 42.
  5. K

springs

Where do I find what the spring ratings on my 03 JSW/ I want to replace my springs with heavier rated, but need to know what they are stock?
  6. K

Air bubbles after Timing belt change

Kinda got 2 questions? I did the 300k belt swap and now I have bubbles in the fuel line? Also did the turbo upgrade to a Vn 17. I have concerns about the Cam timing, as well as the advanced timing I have? It has a Malone 2 tune, 1099 ? injectors, VN 17 turbo, 2 1/2" SS Exhaust and a EGR...
  7. K

ALH or BEW?

I wonder which engine over all is better? I know the BEW has issues with the cam. But over all longevity and fuel eco? I own both but wonder which is the keeper?
  8. K

Is there any Tigwan TDI?

I can't find any TDI's?
  9. K

Who Imports?

I am wondering if there is any out here in the US that imports VW'S?
  10. K

Parting out 04 Jetta Wagon BEW

I am parting out my wife's 04 Jetta Wagon with the BEW and 5 sp auto trans. BEW has only 80 on it (bought it through here) Auto trans has all the solenoids replaced. Trans has hole where the half shaft hit it!
  11. K

So whats the best?

I know this will be opinion based, but here is the questions. Which TDI motor is the best? I own a ALH and my wives car is a BEW! But she is wanting newer? The next question which is the best auto trans? Im looking at possibly 2010 threw 2015? Unless I can find something the government...
  12. K

04 BEW wagon just dies!

I've been through a lot with this car! The car itself has over 400k! Just put in a newer motor with only 80k on it , but the head was bad! Got a used head with 20k on new cam and lifters! Had the ECU tuned and had the EGR deleted! It seems to run well and for no reason it just dies? Anyone...
  13. K

04 Wagon Auto Question

I went through the trans and did all the solinoids. I also swapped out the motor with 400k with one with only 80k! Had lots of issues with new motor, needing a head and cam and lifters etc! While jacking up the car, the jack slipped and punched a hole in oil pan (just my luck)! Well in...
  14. K

TDI Truck in Germany?

Haven't there been VW trucks in Germany & Europe from the 80's on? Is anyone here familiar with the US 25 year rule? I believe the epa is giving exceptions for importing vehicles 25 years old or older?
  15. K

VN17 rebuild?

I guess I may have an issue with my turbo? I did have an issue with the oil line, but got that fixed fairly quickly. The oil light came on and I turned off the key! I put in a qt and drove to a gas station as the light came back on. I put in 2 more qts and went and got the SS braided line and...
  16. K

WTB MK4 Wagon parts

I need the multi switch (turn signal) with the rear wiper Both tail lights complete and a stereo (double) with controls on wheel for the 04 Wagon
  17. K

ABS issue?

I finally got my wheel speed sensor swapped out and now I have an issue! The ABS light on the dash is out, but at 10mph the peddle vibrates and pushes back (normal ABS function I know), but every stop it happens regardless of traction!
  18. K

Lifter desolved

OK I bought a BEW motor here (no issue) My wifes 04 Wagon has 405k on it! I put the motor in this winter. Went to start it and wow it sounded rough! Found the top of the lifter under the valve cover. Well I finally got the cam out and the alum of the head is all gouged up around that lifter...
  19. K

Timing belt tensioner question

Ok to keep this brief I need to remove the cam from my BEW. Just did the timing belt complete! Now the Cam went! I can mark TDC on the flywheel for a ref, and have the tool for the cam. Can I loosen and lock the tensioner open? Then later retighten it and lock it back down? I have the...
  20. K

Fuel tank capacity

I don't remember, but I read on here I believe, that there is a trick to relocate / add a vent to the very to of the fuel tank to add about 2 gallons of fuel to the tanks capacity. Basically removing the last 20% that on a gasser is the expansion area that the Diesel doesn't need! There was a...