Search results

1. Coasty

Battery Questions

I have a recurring problem with my battery. It passes a load test, and charges up to proper levels. However, if the car sits for a day or two without being driven, the battery discharges. I've checked for a draw and can't find anything significant .007A if I remember correctly. Cold weather...
  2. Coasty

WTB ALH Injector: Found one

Hi, looking for a single ALH injector, doesn't have to be working, I just need it to screw into a nozzle sleeve that is stuck in my freshly rebuilt cylinder head...
  3. Coasty

Installed my rebuilt cylinder head and...

I can't believe i missed this, but the used head i had rebuilt has a nozzle sleeve stuck in it! I was putting the injectors back in when I noticed, ugh. Now I'm looking for a used injector body i can screw into this and hopefully slide hammer it out.
  4. Coasty

WTB Bosio PP520s

Anyone have a set just sitting around they want to get rid of? Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  5. Coasty

WTB ALH injector slide hammer tool

Looking for a used one that fits the M14x1.5 threads Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  6. Coasty

WTB ALH Crankshaft Timing Sprocket

Mine has impact damage from the bolt backing out while idling. I just need the gear/sprocket, my damper looks ok. Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  7. Coasty

Figured out why my timing belt broke

Crank bolt backed out. As far as I know, its never been removed since it was assembled at the factory. I had about 265k miles when this happened. Did I remember hearing VW increased the torque on this bolt with the PD engines? Mine is a 2002 ALH. Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  8. Coasty

Used head Question

So I popped my timing belt. I bought a used head from a scrapper online. When it arrived I noticed some scratches on the machined surface. Should I be concerned with these? A fingernail just catches on one, and not on the other. I was going to try the glass plate sanding technique unless the...
  9. Coasty

What now? Timing Belt Problem

So my beloved VW had a major malfunction this morning. Pulling out of the driveway I heard a horrendous bearing type sound, then a "flub flub", battery light comes on, then a bang, engine stops. Open the hood, accessory belt had come off, took a look at the timing belt and its very loose, as...
  10. Coasty

White smokey fuelly delayed start

Guessing a bad/leaky injector. Cold start takes about 10 seconds, once its warm it fires immediately. She has about 265k miles with original injectors. Here is the VCDS data: Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  11. Coasty

Mk4 golf hatch bumper adjustment

Hey, just got my hatch and two fenders replaced under the rust warranty. Only problem is i have to really slam the hatch to close it, and you can tell the right side is pushed up a little higher than the left. I'm certain this is due to the little plastic bumpers that fasten to the body side...
  12. Coasty

Rear brake dust shield removal question

Must the wheel bearing be removed to get the stub axle bolts off? My dust shields are totally fried, and i'm wondering if there is a way to get the whole assembly off via the 4 stub bolts without taking apart the individual parts. I haven't had a chance to take a look myself, just wondering if...
  13. Coasty

I want a comfortable suspension!

Ok i've spent hours looking for other threads that talk about this. I've got a 2002 TDI golf with stock suspension (as far as I know I got it second hand w/ 140k mi). I hate driving around fearing for my back and teeth whenever I encounter a pot hole. Most threads talk about stiffening their...
  14. Coasty

2002 Golf Hatch Locked Open

I was transporting a large wheel barrow in the back of my golf so I clicked a ratchet strap hook into the trunk lock as I've done with many other cars and then put the other hook underneath the car to keep the hatch down as I drove through town. When I was done trunk unlock button didn't open...
  15. Coasty

Another Key Question

Ok, so I bought two blanks off ebay, had them cut at a local shop for way too much money, but what are you going to do when no one else will do it. I've got my SKC, so I went with the VAG-COM proceedure from ROSS-TECH for programming the keys. Well, as it turned out I misunderstood the...