Search results

1. S

Power Windows fix....

Hi All, Last week, my passenger side window nicely dropped into the door. No biggie, recall on the clips, scheduled a service call to the dealer. Anyhow, the car is getting its 'fix' today. When I get the car back, is there anything that I should be looking for to assure myself that the...
  2. S

Replace Steering wheel?

As the mileage climbs, I've noticed several areas of wear on the steering wheel. I've always disliked the 4 spoke wheel, and would really like a 3 spoke, but don't wan't to give up the airbag. Has VW ever had a 3 spoke 'sport' wheel? If so, would it be a reasonable DIY swap? -Darryl 2000...
  3. S

Approved oil in Easton, PA area?

As the time comes for an oil change, it appears that the local autozone doesn't have the appropriate oil ( but they do have the filters ) for my 2000 Jetta TDI. Is there anyone with direct knowlege of where to get the proper oil, in the Easton, PA area? (apologies if this is not the correct...
  4. S

Ignorant Timing Belt Questions

Hi All. It's time to change the timing belt on my 2k Jetta (actually a bit past time, but that's besides the point). While looking at the various threads on the belt replacement, and having done a few belts on non VW TDI cars, it seems like the process is more complicated than it needs to...
  5. S

4Motion retrofit?

Hi All, OK, so we can't get a 4Motion TDI here, but they did offer them in Europe. Now that the 4Motion Passat is here, I have been wondering about the possibility of fitting the system to a 2000 TDI Jetta, since wrecks will be inevitable... Anyhow, does anyone know if the mount points in the...
  6. S

Anyone w/VAG COM in Easton PA area?

I've got a CEL, and would REALLY appreciate not having to visit the dealer to get raped abou it.... dsnover at mac dot com