Search results

1. C

Filters and Oil and more for 09 TDI

SOLD Good Evening, I have traded in my TDI and have a boat load of supplies in which to sell off. I would much prefer a local pickup or depending on your location I could meet you (I live by Leesburg, VA) half way or something. If all of this was to be bought by one person, I would let it...
  2. C

The TDI Is Sold...Heads Up on coming parts sale

PARTS HAVE BEEN ALLOCATED. Hello, My prized 09 TDI with 42,555 miles is now gone. I traded it in on a 2011 Frontier SV 6spd 4x4. I needed a truck due to a situation change. If VW had one here, I would have gotten it. I have learned a TON from you guys. In the coming days I will post an...
  3. C

Interesting MPG Gain From Plastic Skid Plate

Hello, I wanted to share something I find amazing. I know that air resistance is a huge MPG killer. But I did not realize that the undercarriage had such a large impact on mileage. I took off my plastic OEM belly pan in the fall when I installed the DieselGeek skid plate. It was off for...
  4. C

Came Home On the Hook TWICE Today!

How I spent my weekend: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=308001 Today, was another story. This morning it started off great. I did my running around and on the way home I got caught at a red light. When it turned green I started to go and my ESL kicked it! There is NO ice on the...
  5. C

Crossed the 40,000 mile mark!!!

I have "great" news. This morning I crossed the 40,000 mile mark. Yes, I am behind the curve...but only because I was deployed for 13 months. The car is running great. Next weekend it is getting a ++ 40K service (trans fluid, bolt tightness check, normal stuff, new tail lights and the list...
  6. C

GREAT Price for Tail Lights on ECS!

Guys, I wanted to share this, because I think this is a great deal. Check this out: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_V--TDI/Lighting/Taillights/ES4575/ For $39.95 you get OEM Silver Tail Lights...the whole set. You cannot get the factory ones for that price. Whether for spares if...
  7. C

Thumbs up for Jetta and Dieselgeek!

Hello, This will be brief since I have been up for 22 hours. After 3 hours of shi**y driving in northern VA, here is what I have to say. Again the Jetta wins. So does my skid plate. If any of you were out this evening in VA or MD or PA or the like, you know what the snow was like. I got on...
  8. C

Price Point Punch or Fuzzy Math?

Hey Guys, I wanted to post something I found out tonight. Perhaps this is well known or has been explored before, but none the less I felt compelled to share. Tonight I stopped by my local VW dealer to settle my mental battle once and for all. I have been arguing with myself over whether to...
  9. C

Diesel Geek Plate Install Review

Hello, I wanted to post about my installation of the Panzer skid plate. It went smooth and took less than two hours. The only issues I had, which were minor, were that there were no covers on the studs on the frame rail. My studs were not even fully threaded, but had partial threads but...
  10. C

VA to Oklahoma City To Fort Worth and Back :)

: : : : :
  11. C

Tire Question

Guys, I need a favor. I am deployed and am going to buy tires when I return this coming weekend on leave (yey!). I know that my 09 Jetta came with Bridgestone Turanzas, but I do not know which model. On the Bridgestone Site, there are a few options. I liked the overall handling of these...
  12. C

Wanted: Car/Engine/Trans for School

Hello, One of my NCOs who is deployed with me is a VOTECH instructor for automotive technology. His school information is: Mccann Technical Vocational High School 70 Hodges Cross Rd. North Adams Ma. 01247 www.mccanntech.org SSG McCarron's email is mccarronauto@yahoo.com. Since he is a...
  13. C

Which Small SUV Do I Project Build?

Hello, Over the years I have owned Ford, Dodge and Chevy cars and trucks. We bought our first house...trucks had to go. We miss having a truck/SUV as we are avid outdoor people. We also have an 80lb black lab. I know my way around an engine bay and spent years studying automotive technology...
  14. C

WTB OEM 16" x 6.5J Bioline rims with tires

I am looking for the subject rim package, with TPMS, for my wife's 09 Rabbit. We like the look of the rims, and they match my Jetta's. I will drive up to 350 miles to pick them up. I do not have a firm price I am looking to pay, but as usual in these tough economic times it must be fair. Thanks!
  15. C

Trunk Bike Rack KILLS Mileage

On Thursday I purchased a Saris Bones RS 3 bike rack...http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=560127...and today was my first day on the highway. Instead of getting my usual 47 to 51 MPGs on my trip down 81S I ended with 35.775! All I had was my one bike on the rack, myself and a few small...
  16. C

Brand New CARPET floor mats for 09 Sedan

Hello, In Ashburn, VA, I have the 4 brand new carpet floor mats from my 2009 Jetta Sedan. They are black. Local pick-up preferred. Asking price is $30.00. If the need to be shipped, please understand Paypal and shipping charges will be added. Thanks!
  17. C

Can I Turn Pinch Protection Off?

I did a search and after 5 pages only saw broken windows, windows following out of the door, windows not going up and so on. Is there a way to turn off the pinch protection on these cars? I addressed this dislike in an earlier post about the vent shades I installed. Now that the weather is...
  18. C

Monster Mat Life Span?

I just turned 10,200 miles on my car. The protection package was built into the car, which is what I wanted since MN winters are hard on equipment and the heavy Monster Mats are what I would have bought anyway. Where my heels rest is starting to wear. I am over 50% through the rubber...I...
  19. C

Resurrection of old topic of engine cover…

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=6687&highlight=coverless Some of you 'older' members may remember this thread...its been dead for 7 years! I wanted to see if "coverless" was discussed and found this. I left mine off last night after the deal with the over-filled engine thanks to...
  20. C

Why You Must Supervise/avoid The Dealer!

Good Evening, Please look at this: This is the oil left in my Jetta by the Burnsville Volkswagen Service Department that is EXTRA. I had to drain this oil from the car to get the oil level equal to the full mark (indented circle above the cross-hatch area). Before I did this the oil was...