Search results

1. T

Has anyone chipped a 2012 Passat yet?

Has anyone put in the Malone or Rocket chip and if so, How is the DSG tranny with the changes? Looking to chip in the Summer.
  2. T

Engine vibration

I have a 1998 jetta. Just put in rocketchip and new Titian 520 injectors. New exhaust and $1300 into the front end. Car runs strong but I have a lot of engine vibration. It also starts rough and turns off very rough, shakes the whole car? I did not balance the injectors IQ,s. I blows a lot of...
  3. T

Engine Vibration?

I have a 1998 jetta with 210,000! New front end, motor mounts and new chip. All of these changes happened after I noticed the vibration. I first started to notice the vibration when I cleaned the intake. I made the mistake of using carb cleaner and and manually cleaning out as much as I could...
  4. T

Too Much Engine vibration?

I have a 1998 jetta with 210,000! New front end, motor mounts and new chip. All of these changes were after I noticed the vibration. I first started to notice the vibration when I cleaned the intake. I made the mistake of using carb cleaner and and manually cleaning out as much as I could...
  5. T

Turbo question?

I have been told that my turbo is "worn out." Is there an easy way to check the performance of the turbo or do I have to get a Vag-com to map it while driving? Thanks for any help.
  6. T

Should I modify my 1998 jetta tdi (210,000)

I am the original owner and am looking to find a way to do something to make the ride fun again. But, with 210,000 miles is it a smart move to chip the car and add some basic modifications. Can the car handle it, or am I opening a can of worms. This car has been great. I still have original...
  7. T

Extra fuel capacity?

Ran into a guy with a TdI at the gas station. Told me to hit the small black button where you fill the car. Tried it and it took an extra 2 gallons. Any down side to this? He said it was an expansion/vapor spot and that diesel doesn't expand? Any thoughts? Thanks. :confused:
  8. T

1998 jetta running lights out?

1998 jetta daytime running lights are out and right side high beam? Low beams are fine. Put new Bulbs and same thing. Is there a fuse for the running lights or a relay?? Thanks for any help:confused:
  9. T

1998 jetta timing belt question

Can anyone confirm that the cam gear doesnt have a key to hold it to the cam shaft. The cam shaft has a key groove, but there isnt one on the cam gear itself. It seems really strange not to have the gear without the key? It has a tappered fit but i have never seen this. Got the car apart...
  10. T

GOOD MECHANIC in CT?

I need to have a lot of work done to my 1998 jetta. (Timing belt, injectors and a few odds and ends. Anybody know of a good mechanic in Connecticut? The dealers in CT are really bad. I know there was a list somewhere in the forum of mechanics by state, but I didn't see it. Thanks for any help.
  11. T

Front End issues (pulling to the left)

I've got a 1998 Jetta tdi with 170,000. The car has been pulling to the left for years. Have tried front end alignments, New struts, tires, new strut mounts. Every time I get it back the mechanics say that the front end in perfectly strait but the problem still remains. In all about $1500...
  12. T

1998 jetta tdi flasher relay location

Can anyone tell me which number/location turn signal relay and hazard relays are. Lost both yesterday! Hazard light on steering wheel lights up but nothing working (flashing)! :eek:
  13. T

location/# of Flasher relay 1998 jetta tdi

Does anyone know the number or location of the flasher relay on a 1998 jetta tdi? hazards and signals stopped working yesterday. Help!
  14. T

1998 jetta check engine light STILL ON!!!!

I have my the CEL on with code p0605. The car was going into limp mode. I replaces the hose inside the ECU and power restored but still getting P0605. Have read all the threads related to this and am wondering if anyone has found an answer. Have spent $1500 at dealer already and now they...
  15. T

1998 Jetta TDI PULLING TO LEFT

My, 1998 Jetta (167,000) has been pulling to the left for about a year. I have had a front end alignments and it did not helped. In fact, it seems worse. I tried new tires but that did nothing too. I am thinking it may be a wheel bearing but I am not getting any vibration or noise from the...
  16. T

Turbo Problems

Have a 1998 Jetta TDI. Am the original owner. Car has 160,000 miles and has run perfect up till now. My turbo keeps going out when the car gets above 3000rpm or I am getting on the gas. When this happens, it will still run but has significant power loss (limp mode?). If I shut the car off...