Search results

1. E

NB: Replace brake switch = brake booster failure

Stupid link worked fine in the preview!
  2. E

NB: Replace brake switch = brake booster failure

I have a 2000 NB with 50,000 miles that had no problems. I received a recall letter in the mail from VWoA for a brake light switch replacement. Once the time was convenient for me, I decided to take the car in and have them do the service. Well... On the way home from the service, I noticed...
  3. E

Non-functional light: a bulb or worse?

So, are you saying that all 3 are illuminated by 1 bulb that is behind the center knob (fan speed switch)?
  4. E

Non-functional light: a bulb or worse?

I have a Y2K TDI bug. A bank of the lighted dials has gone out on me. Specifically, the cluster of 3 dials that regulate hot/cold, fan speed, and air flow direction. These are normally illuminated red when the headlights are on. I'd like to know the probable cause of this before digging into...
  5. E

1st photos of our '01 NB TDi

Re: 1st photos of our \'01 NB TDi Nice '01! Now that I see the redesigned mirrors I know what to look for to spot the newest models. BTW, what are the differences between each of the years for the NB?
  6. E

10K service in Bryan, TX

Whoop! aTm '92
  7. E

Mud flaps

Just an fyi... Santa had his elves whip up a batch of black mud flaps for me over Christmas. Installation was a snap, for any of you who are hesitating. I got all four of mine on without removing any tires. The front ones go on easy because you can turn the wheel all the way right or left...
  8. E

Price of NB

I bought my Y2k TDI NB in October from Momentum Volkswagen in Houston. There are a larger VW dealer, so they will probably have the best stock to choose from. I paid MSRP for mine. I was very particular about everything that I wanted on the car (color, seats, auto, sr) and I tried to get them...
  9. E

What have you been doing with your NB?

Ground clearance? We don't neeeed no steeeekin' ground clearance!
  10. E

What have you been doing with your NB?

My wife and I find that the superior torque of our TDI Y2K bug is perfect for towing our wagon and settlin' the wild west! What have you been doing with yours???
  11. E

SkyPups BULLETPROOF NB TDI

Maybe they thought that was some kind of new-fangled crack pipe attached to the steering wheel! I would've gotten the DNA, reverse-transcriptased it up and made some sort of bad-ass antisense probe that would make their pecker fall off. You could even put it in a nice syringe for them and let...
  12. E

Golf or NB?

It all comes down to what you would really like. Golf and NB owners both love their cars. You only go around once, so pick which one you want and go for it! (I went with the NB and have been very, very happy with it!)
  13. E

Strange noises from my TDI

I would venture a guess that it might the throw-out bearing on your clutch. I have an older Volvo that makes breathy kinds of noises that change in pitch when the clutch is depressed. (And when it's happy! ) Apparently, they really scream loud when they are going out. Try sitting there at...
  14. E

New Color for NB

Earl Scheib is a pretty wide-spread auto-painting company. Sort of like saying "Uh-oh, better get Maaco!" Now isn't that clear as mud!
  15. E

Love Those TDIs

When I first drove my NB off of the lot and home, I had a weird panic attack. I thought, "What is up with this big dash?" It felt very strange. 20 miles later, everything was fine. As someone else said, it now is my "hood". I love the huge feeling inside!
  16. E

TDI's for the picking!

Re: TDI\'s for the picking! roadrunner- I just recently bought a Y2K TDI BUG from Momentum. Who was your salesman? I bought mine from Lamont Alford, who I thought was great as far as car salesmen go! On the other hand, the financing lady was a disaster...
  17. E

TDI Fuel Mileage

Took my new Auto NB on a trip over the weekend with about 2/3 highway miles and 1/3 city miles. Varied the RPMs by +/- 500 every few minutes on the highway. I didn't calculate the mpg for the first fill-up since it wasn't full when I drove off the lot. The second tank showed me getting around...