Search results

1. sqhschief

Fixed my glow plug wires and now my car is shutting off after starting...

Anyone know what would cause this? I can't find anything...
  2. sqhschief

Anyone...? I'll try to get a video of it happening tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks.
  3. sqhschief

So I found this: I fixed where the wires to the harness were burnt in half. I checked the resistance levels of all my glow plugs and they are showing within tolerance. After this fix my car seems to fire right up after letting the glow plugs heat one time. It starts and runs for about 5...
  4. sqhschief

O1M transmission slipping when cold. Progressively worse. Nearly undrivable.

I suppose so. I can't find any leak anywhere.
  5. sqhschief

Oh, no i just put in a quart and checked if it was better. The next day I checked it properly and filled it on up. Sorry if I didn't make sense.
  6. sqhschief

Youtube [VIDEO] of my axle doing something I suspect is not normal, please advise!

Well just like the title says. This problem is independant of my recent transmission issues. Please see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27KEUenrA7w Do I need to get both new axles? The other side doesn't do this. The biggest problem is that my car violently shudders / shakes / vibrates...
  7. sqhschief

I just ordered some new glow plugs from IDParts, but I'll have to check on the MAF and see what's up with it. So far it's not slipping since adding the quart of fluid. Thankfully. I'm not sure what you mean here. I thought the "correct" way was to fill with fluid inside the actual fill tube...
  8. sqhschief

I'm not sure why there's a code for the interior light of MAF sensor. Both seem fine. I do need to get my glow plugs fixed. I just replaced the harness and plugs last winter though. Well I put a quart of fluid in through the sensor hole on the top of the transmission just like in that link...
  9. sqhschief

For anyone still following along, here is what VAGCOM reported: VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S Chassis Type: 1J - VW G/J/B Mk4 Scan: 01,02,03,08,16,15,17,19,22,35,46,56 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Address 01: Engine Controller: 038...
  10. sqhschief

How do I contact aircoolvw other than on here? Anyone able to pm me a phone number?
  11. sqhschief

Oops I didn't even see where you said that. Did you happen to see the video I posted?
  12. sqhschief

Well now when I left work my transmission seems like it's in limp mode (stuck in 3rd gear). I'll check it with vagcom when I get home and will update with an edit to this post. Edit: Video showing what it's doing now: http://youtu.be/I3LKP7kSVCE
  13. sqhschief

200,000 mile club... roll call!

2000 Jetta. 267,000 miles all original. 01M transmission is starting to die.
  14. sqhschief

HELP, advise needed.

Without the actuator operational wouldn't the turbo be running an unsafe level of boost?
  15. sqhschief

Hi all, it's been awhile. My 2000 Jetta transmission has started giving me issues, which is no surprise since I now have over 267,000 miles on the car. For probably the past year or so when I first start my car, after its been sitting awhile, the transmission acts like it's slipping. The rpms...
  16. sqhschief

Horn gradually gets weaker when used... then stops

I have a similar issue with my mkiv Jetta. I've actually put three brand new horns in my car. And everytime after about 4 to 5 months they start making a weird noise and getting quieter, and it sounds like only one tone works until eventually they fail completely. I give up.