Search results

1. G

FS 2001 Jetta Sedan TDI Manual

Lost my job and need cash. I'd keep it forever if I could, wah wah wah... 2001 Jetta sedan, not sure if it's GL or GLS Dark Green exterior (not forest green), tan cloth interior 5 speed manual 203,000 miles Best mpg I've ever got was 44 Current mpg is 41-42 with 24 mile round trip/town driving...
  2. G

2002 Beetle GLS TDI 5 spd PARTS car

2002 Beetle TDI GLS 5 speed manual 102,000 miles Tan leather interior in near perfect condition Heated seats Moonroof, monsoon w/ cassette New 100k timing belt and water pump, filters, etc. completed at about 99k miles Rear bike rack not included Wheels that go with this car are from a 2006...
  3. G

FS: 01 Jetta Wiper motor and linkage

This wiper motor is a little slow moving but does work in all cycles. This has a 4 tab connector. Also for sale is the complete linkage that goes from the wiper motor to the wiper arms. The driver's side is seized, but everything else works. I know, it's not very enticing but thought someone...
  4. G

For Sale: Snow tires 195/65-15

General Altimax Arctic - 195/65-15. These tires have about 5000 miles on them and are in great condition. These worked incredibly well. The original tread depth is 3/8". The two that were on the front measure about 5/16" and the two that were on the back measure almost a full 3/8". From...
  5. G

For Sale: 01 Jetta Radio and CD changer

Got a new radio for Christmas so the stock radio and cd changer are for sale. This is the tape deck version, approx. 2" tall, with Monsoon, and CD changer controls. Everything works (I'm assuming tape deck works, never tried it tho). I have some removal tools I can send with too. I'm located in...
  6. G

What just happened?! Smoke, burning oil, no oil, etc.

01 Jetta TDI. 163,000 miles. TB at about 120k. Intake/snow screen cleaned at 159k. New MAF and glow plugs at 161.5k. Did 1,100 mile ski trip this weekend with no problems (except the @#$* driver's door handle breaking). Drove to lunch today and started smoking out exhaust (white to gray...
  7. G

FS: MKIV Suspension parts/bearings/etc.

Purchased this as a bundle and didn't need all of it. I did my best to research prices and descriptions. Shipping not included in prices. Most parts are OEM and my assumption is you can tell by the part number. Paypal accepted but the 3% fee bothers me... :) Please let me know if I'm off on...
  8. G

WTB: Antenna, emergency brake cable

I have an 01 TDI and my dang antenna fell off this weekend. If you have one in good shape that will last I'll take it. My rubber boot is trashed too. I also have a huge gouge and corroded spot in my e-brake cable and it's failing fast. Have one in good shape? I'll take it. Thanks.
  9. G

Fs: Vw Vr6 Maf

Bought from dealer for 01 VR6 GLX. Didn't fix problem, thought maybe someone here could use it. VW part number: 0 280 218 017 Audi part number: 071 906 461 B Ebay Auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260328943603&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&viewitem= No...
  10. G

Sudden loss of power @ ~2800 rpm

Hello all, 01 TDI Jetta 135k no mods. Fuel filter new, air filter new, fresh oil change. I have a noticeable loss of power between 2500 and 3000 when getting on the freeway. It's like it hits a wall when accelerating, but has no problem maintaining speed. What gives? I noticed a fair amount of...
  11. G

FS: High mileage timing belt kit 01 ALH

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I don't need this kit anymore. I purchased it from blauparts just a week ago and their policies don't allow for return of this kit. For a complete list of parts you can go to their website http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GH21120%2D1%2DC and find the...
  12. G

NewB questions...

Just purchased an 01 TDI 5 speed w/ 135k. :D After researching as much as possible in the FAQ section and other threads, I have a few questions still... Oil in the lower intake, just past the egr flapper, and upper intake: I gotta believe all the oil comes from the crank case vent. Is this...