Search results

1. 0

Quality of VW in general, better or the same

honestly, most people who buy hybrids (mostly men) find them outragously boring to drive. and having 75hp under the hood is no fun. there are alot of factors that can make a hybrid better for you and alot for a diesel as well. if you drive high miles, suggest a tdi, but i would never go hybrid...
  2. 0

Make Haste Racing in the 2009 Season

will there be one for 2010? how does the driver selection work?
  3. 0

How Long Does It Take a Dealer to Order a car?

try 3 rivers vw, they have quite a few (a good 10 or so) and 1 tdi sport wagen i waited 2 months for mine, be patient
  4. 0

VW Extended Warranty - Worth It?

its a tough situation when i bought my 09, i decided no extended warranty, i dont drive it enough, and dont need to pay $3k for it
  5. 0

What did your car get for Christmas?

i got one too, and $5 of diesel in it lol
  6. 0

The dealers are ready to deal on the 09's now

yup, my dealer has aboout a dozen on there lot maybe even some sport wagens i couldnt nagotiate mine but i payed sticker and was fine with that there wasnt a markup atleast either car was around $23000 and after all the taxes and such ended up being over $25k
  7. 0

First Oil Change for 2009 Jetta TDI

a new dpf costs around $2500, no one wants to go that route before they have to at 120k miles id say never use autozone computers as well, they are obviously just going to find some oil approved for diesels, not for vw's specifically.
  8. 0

2009 TDI only accepts small fuel nozzle

i fuel my 09 at the exxon which has a truck like pump (no roof, far away from gas pumps etc) but the nozzle fits, what i hate is that its such an old pump, it still leaves some left from the previous pumper in the hose, so sometimes it drips on the car down the body, but i learned to get some...
  9. 0

2009 vw jetta tdi sedan suspension/body kit upgrades

thanks! i want that thunderbunny kit soo bad!
  10. 0

CB Antenna for 03 Jetta

i have one in my 09 tdi jetta it is a wilson lil wil has 36inch whip, hits garage when i pull in, but none the less a very strong and quality antenna for a great price $32
  11. 0

Is my engine seized?

sorry bout the bad news man the only thing i dont recomend is going through vw for a new engine/rebuild i hear they cost $10k plus labor i dont understand the metal object part? did u crack the block or something?
  12. 0

Leaving engine running while filling up tank?

the generators are not cheap though but doing the math on fuel savings would show over time it would be a good idea.
  13. 0

Leaving engine running while filling up tank?

where i go the diesel pump is a good 50-75 ft away from the gas pumps id say u could nvr see me idle during a fill up, just dont wanna risk it.
  14. 0

2009 vw jetta tdi sedan suspension/body kit upgrades

hey all yes i used the search function, no luck there was someone on here who put a suspension kit on his 09 tdi? what was the name of it? and is it adjustable? i am also interested in finding more about body kits whether it be the thunderbunny or Caractere type. anyone know who sells these things?
  15. 0

thunderbunny body kit

anyone have or know bout this? its on the tdi cup cars and the guy showing it in the videoo says dealers have it i want to know the price on it please i wanna be a tdi cup driver!
  16. 0

TDI mpg 2009 vs 2005.5

sry for double posting but agreed 100% with ya just cuz the epa dont like diesels and they enjoy driving battery powered cars dont mean they should take a toll on epa stickers and what bout the gmc/chev/dodge/ford diesel trucks why dont they get a rating?
  17. 0

TDI mpg 2009 vs 2005.5

i get around 35-38 city with my DSG i have 1800 miles on it did u break it in properly? explain ur break in prcedure
  18. 0

09 tdi diff lock?

so no actual diff lock like on trucks? darn, i thought the jetta was hardcore like that!
  19. 0

Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP) when is it on or off?

my 09 drifts with ease, well while pulling the ebrake ;) try it at ur local mall at night and watch the guys in pickups hit curbs (i experienced this once, funny as heck!) and crack there wheels
  20. 0

Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP) when is it on or off?

simply put: when the light comes on, and is flashing rapidly, that means ESP is working hard to find tracction by varing throttle input if you hit the esp button, u turn it off and it flashes 1nce every few secs.