Search results

1. JERMS

Going back to stock sale! Nor Cal

I'm trading in the '03 for a '13, so that means all my performance parts are coming off and going to someone who can still use them. KermaTDI QLoader: $200- Used once to upload tune. You'll have to pay a nominal transfer fee to Kerma to have them send you a tune. Works perfectly. Originally $550...
  2. JERMS

2006 Jetta TDI DSG questions

Hey guys, I've been wanting to trade up in cars recently and I found an '06 Jetta TDI for sale on craigslist. I'm confused about transmission options, though. The ad says 'automatic' but elsewhere it says 'dsg'. Were both available in 2006? I don't want to get stuck with another slush box, but...
  3. JERMS

How to max out the vnt-15?

What combination of parts would you use to get the most power out of the stock turbo without smoking too much?
  4. JERMS

FS 15" wheels and tires Sac, CA

I copied and pasted my craigslist ad: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/3047388837.html I have 4 15 inch rims from a mk4 volkswagen Jetta, but will also fit a Golf, New Bettle, or GTI or any other vehicle with a 5x100 bolt pattern. The tires are 195/65/15 91H all season. They are in good...
  5. JERMS

Anyone done a dual SMIC?

I have a buddy with an Audi A4 1.8t who added another stock intercooler to the drivers side instead of switching to a front mount. Just wondering if this is possible with our Mk4 chassis cars? It might be a cheaper alternative than going eurojet or adapting to a FMIC
  6. JERMS

What parts for ultimate handling

Just curious what everyone would do for the ultimate corner carver, with comfort not being a factor. What shocks/struts, springs or coil over kit would you go with? Rim and tire size? Sway bars? Ride height? Polyeurethane suspension bushings? Upgraded control arms? Lets make it simple and stay...
  7. JERMS

Show some pics of your MK4 with OEM mudflaps

I'm thinking about getting some but I want to see some better pics of how they look. So lets see yours!
  8. JERMS

What are my choices for automatics?

Before I begin, let me just say that I know the general consensus around here has been that the 01M sucks, is not worth putting money into, and you should swap it out with a 5 speed manual. That being said, I prefer an automatic. I just find it hard to believe that with all of these...
  9. JERMS

Wanted: your old worn out TDI 01M in Northern California

Like the title says, I'm looking for a 01M from a MK4 TDI for some experimentation. It doesn't have to work, or be pretty or anything, but it does all have to be there. I'm a college student, so the cheaper the better and I'm willing to pick it up if the price is right. I figure with all the 5...
  10. JERMS

Another estimate my power thread...

Hi guys, just curious if I'm in the right ballpark here. I believe I'm somewhere around 150hp, correct me if i'm wrong. Here are my mods: -Sprint 520's -Race pipe on stock manifold -Kerma ugly DP & 2.5" catback -Old man intake -upgraded intercooler pipes -Alligator tuned -11mm pump and auto...
  11. JERMS

Take a look at my acceleration- is this normal?

Hey guys, for some time now it feels like my car is a bit sluggish and I think it may be a little low on boost sometimes. On sustained acceleration I'm getting 10psi of boost, is that normal? It spikes at 20 and sometimes gets 15 but then goes down to 10 on sustained accel. Heres a quick vid I...
  12. JERMS

BEW intake on an ALH?

I can get a BEW intake manifold cheap. Will I see any performance gain from this and is it a straightforward swap? I have 03 TDI w/ALH motor.
  13. JERMS

Fuel leak/ no start question

My car didn't want to start this morning and I opened the hood and saw fuel leaking from this bolt head. After judicious cranking it finally started like it had no fuel. Right now its leaking all the way down the side of the engine. I don't know what this bolt does so I don't want to try to...
  14. JERMS

EGT question

I finally got around to installing the thermocouple and EGR block off plate on my Jetta this weekend and got it all connected to my McNally boost/egt guage. On my test drive I have an observed idle temp of about 300-350, and at wide open throttle going 0-60 it read about 505 degrees. This...
  15. JERMS

Camping anybody?

Am I the only one not looking forward to paying $100 a night for 3 nights? I'll be looking for a camp site for the woman and I, and drive 20 miles or so into the 'fest to save $300 for stuff like tuning and the swap meet :). Anybody have the inside scoop on good campsites with a shower on site...
  16. JERMS

Sprint 520 on stock auto TDI?

I went ahead and ordered up some sprint 520's from IDparts.com yesterday, now I'm wondering if I should have gone with the powerplus 357. My TDI is bone stock right now, although I plan on plenty of upgrades in the future, hence the reason to go one step bigger. I ordered up a VAG-COM with the...
  17. JERMS

Feeler: 2003 Jetta GLS TDI for sale

Im seriously thinking about selling my 2003 Jetta TDI. It is a GLS trim level with many options including alloy wheels, heated leather seats, power windows, power locks, automatic transmission, premium sound system and a moon-roof. The car is in near perfect condition with 178,XXX miles. Being...
  18. JERMS

Need advie on springs/ shocks & struts

I want to lower my Jetta, primarily for looks but I've also grown tired of the body roll and lofty ride, so improved handling would also be a plus. I've been doing some searching and it looks like everybody likes Koni for the most part, but its a little pricey for me. $470 for Koni reds are a...
  19. JERMS

Blue smoke out the tailpipe when cold.

My jetta spits out blue smoke till it warms up, then its fine. My experience with gas motors tells me this means the engine is warn out... I hope thats not the case here. Anybody know what it could be? I just turned 170,000 miles on the motor, its all original to the best of my knowledge. Ideas?
  20. JERMS

Anybody heard of Speed Tuning?

I originally found them on ebay. They're local to me and specialize in german cars and they have good prices on their chips and tuning boxes. According to their website they are based in Austria and have been around since '96. Anybody have any experience with them or even heard of them? I don't...