Search results

1. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

update on slvrsrfr (the mk7) Duluth said they got the DEF tank in - but now found that the back springs are broken?!? I wasn't having any problems I could discern when I drove it up there - but - who knows... Should have it back end of this week.
  2. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

someone accidentally added diesel additive to the DEF tank 😳😳😳 rather expensive misunderstanding. And apparently the ‘15 Sportwagen tanks are in very short supply.
  3. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

welp... the Sportwagen has been sitting in Duluth now for going on 4 months waiting for a new DEF tank - apparently there are 0 being manufactured and very few sitting in boneyards here in the US. So we bought it ($900 for a tank) Should be getting the car back in a couple weeks. BTW: Insurance...
  4. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

Going to siphon off what’s remaining -refill - siphon- refill and see what happens. Before I start it again
  5. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

So - someone added 2-ethylhexyl nitrate to the DEF tank 200 miles ago. What’s the damage done? signed… LessThan Happy
  6. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

my favorite local mechanic bowed out of doing a water pump & timing belt job for me - better he said "no" than to tear the thing apart and then realize he bit off more than he could chew I guess :unsure: anyway - now looks like I need to find someone to do the job for me! Eric? do you have time...
  7. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

who are you calling old?
  8. indigoTDI

seeking replacement weatherstrip under drivers door

Hi folks - one of those days where it rained and then froze overnight someone in my family gave the drivers door a hard pull about half the rubber strip stayed stuck to the door frame - pulling out the little yellow plastic clips and then it was dangling and scraping on the highway for the...
  9. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

16" Factory OEM rim for a 2015 Volkswagen Golf I don't know what the name is for the rims that came stock on this car - but I'm having trouble with them. I live at the end of 3.5 miles of gravel road and they are caking up with road dust and throwing the wheels out of balance... Same goes in...
  10. indigoTDI

oil?

thanks - you are very helpful
  11. indigoTDI

oil?

have a link to the oil kit? yes - I too had an '02 indigo wagon... just started to accumulate too many issues... now I have a '15 silver wagon - it does get way better fuel economy than the ALH.
  12. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

good to know - that last trip would have been a bust even if we had made arrangements - my cousin dropped dead that week from an aortic dissection - pro tip of the week... don't have one of those. I don't know what the UMD parent's schedule is for sure -- but October 13 rings a bell. The org I...
  13. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

will be up in a week to drop our daughter at UMD... but I doubt the rest of the family are going to get all that excited about a GTG! Just ordered a heater from Terry... wonder if that will arrive before then - might be a fun and super useful install?:)
  14. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

any know if a set of S4 rims will sneak under the fenders of a '15 sportwagen? 255/35ZR19 - and will I be able to use the lugs I already have?
  15. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

It doesn't compare to a good reflash - but it does seem to pull a little harder and some have claimed that if set right it will increase mpg... don't know about that. BUT it sure feels like it's added a few hp. Not 100% sure - but I think it fools the car into thinking it isn't getting enough...
  16. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

I just can't stand Blizzaks on dry pavement - even for a minute - like driving on marshmallows. The old WRs were pretty good - and like you said $$$, but I didn't need to swap them with snows and I got 45-50K out of them without a hit to mpg. Unless someone has bought the WRG4s and hated them -...
  17. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

ok - snow... you got me. I know there has been plenty of complaining about Continentals and now I know why - terrible with even a little dusting. I used to run Nokian on the '02 and liked them - but I hear the new generation Nokian WRG4 are outstanding. Any one running on these year round? I'm...
  18. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

I filled up and put 911 in on Sunday night but I really should have pulled the battery -- I knew I wasn't going anywhere during the cold snap -- oh well, I'll jump it off the Prius tomorrow (which did start after sitting) I'd throw the trickle charger on it tonight... but it walked away from the...
  19. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

I think I'm going to get a new one, you should sell the old one - I found the tuning box for that ALH, I know you said you didn't want it - but I have no use for it -- so if you'd like a 101.5 hp VW that will "coal-roll" with the best... it's yours!
  20. indigoTDI

MN Chat Thread

the "new to me" wagon wouldn't start today... I suppose that's what you get when you let it sit in the driveway for 4 days at -25°F. I sure thought it would be fine once it warmed up to the single digits below 0. Looks like I need to call Terry.