Search results

1. gmcjetpilot

LED Headlights and CANBUS

So I put LED lights in my 2004 BMW Motorcycles and like them, I replaced the Low H7, High H3 and the two fog lights H3's. There is no CANBUS. On my 2010 JSW TDI I was thinking of replacing the headlight bulbs.... I don't recall model/PN of bulb, but I believe the low is H7. Not sure about...
  2. gmcjetpilot

What Should Water Temp Be

How do I check the thermostat? Is 172F (78C) OK? It could be a sensor or sending unit issue. I assume REGEN is restricted at low temps, that is why I ask because I had REGEN and DPF issue recently (which I think is resolved). I have a SCAN Gauge and know the exact Temp. The Dash Temp is always...
  3. gmcjetpilot

MIL ON P2100 P2100 P2463 Throttle Actuator Control Circuit & System, DPF Soot Accumulation CAN'T REGEN

I now have 4 YELLOW LIGHTS, Glow Plug, DPF, Engine, TPMS. I get the flashing glow plug light for the P2100 error from time to time for years, always P2101 throttle actuator. I replaced the valve long ago, and it fixed it but comes back on occasion. I would clear it or it would clear it self...
  4. gmcjetpilot

TPMS Advice Programing

2010 VW TDI Jetta Sportwagen DSG.... Confirm sender PN 1K0907253D I replaced them with tire replacement about 4 yrs ago. The original ones were all working great after 10 yrs. All was good for a year or two. I have isolated the issue to Front Left Driver side using my Ross Tech cable. I...
  5. gmcjetpilot

Under Hood Insulation Mat = New Style Worked Great for Yrs, Now Back Middle Is Hanging Down

The BEST thing I ever bought was a new under hood mat. The original made of gosh knows what, horse hair or something, was drooping. The NEW one was awesome for many many years. Now the back middle is hanging down and will not stay in the hood slots. WHAT TO DO? (I want to keep it for noise...
  6. gmcjetpilot

13 Months and 4200 miles Since Last Change... Should I?

SHOULD I change my oil early or later. Is TIME or MILAGE more important criteria to base oil changes on. I am not driving my 2010 TDI JSW as much as I use to. I have second car, a 2015 Nissan Leaf I bought the Nissan used about 4-5 years. I use it for local driving. However summer I typically...
  7. gmcjetpilot

NOW WHAT? MY 4 YR, 40K mile Warranty (for Emissions Fix) has Expired

Well I have about 135K on my 2010 TDI. The engine is from 2013 and has only 85K. Now what? I am no longer under any warranty and can't void a warranty I don't have. I talked to trusted VW, Audi and Porsche Mechanic. I told him I now want to change out: 1) Replace (preventative Mod) Fuel HP...
  8. gmcjetpilot

TPMS Light and Ross Tech Scan HELP PLS

Have TPMS dash light ON for last few thousand miles. Finally getting around to fixing it. I need tips, tricks, how to trouble shoot and also how to disable (if I can't fix it). I love the direct TPMS system over the last 10+ years. It worked well (when I had a leak and it alerted me). I...
  9. gmcjetpilot

Just Got Bosch Settlement $40.27 Check Recently?

That was +4 yrs ago I applied for the Bosch pump settlement deal but forgot about it. JUST GOT CHECK. Ha ha. Why so long? Why amount small? Just curious. Anyone have the details? Yes I did the full VW TDI settlement. I opted for mod and still have Heidi my 2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI.
  10. gmcjetpilot

New Thumbnail Picture and In Love Again After 10 Years

When the forum migrated my thumbnail got all screwed up, chopped and low resolution. I took a new Picture and uploaded it today. Click on thumbnail once, twice and three times to get full picture. I was out for a country road drive locally on this beautiful day. This is my 2010 Jetta...
  11. gmcjetpilot

Hood Strut Lift Strut

UPDATE.... I replaced the strut and just went into local parts store (O'Reilly's) and they looked it up. They had it at another store and got it transferred same day. It is made by STABILUS Part #SG201063 cost $25 + tax. The OEM has PN 5K0 823 359 D 01S (label on strut; should have started...
  12. gmcjetpilot

FS Set 4 Bioline Alloy 16" Rims Like New Memphis TN $400

FS Set 4 Bioline Alloy 16" Rims Like New Memphis TN $400 Asking $400 for all 4. Remove them for my 2011 Jetta SportWagen TDI after 25K miles. Never damaged. In dry temp controled storage. I can ship. Est total cost to ship $125 on up based on zip code. Photo...
  13. gmcjetpilot

Headliner Replacement $300 to $400 with Foam Backed Fabric Repair. Opinion? GOOD or NOT

Opinion wanted on COST and recommended repair by local Upholstery Shop. OK so my whole headliner LOOKS OK except where it has pulled out around the overhead console. Further inspection the headliner is loose and hanging down, tight but sagging. The fabric is great. I was told the foam breaks...
  14. gmcjetpilot

What happeed to the look of this web site

Did this website change look or owner? Thanks I still have my TDI and love it. I have a second car a Nissan Leaf (I know but it's good for local and not having to go to gas station is great).
  15. gmcjetpilot

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY HEADLINER - SOLUTIONS???

:mad: So my 2010 JSW TDI is in very good condition. Well my headliner is starting to wrinkle in the corners in the back and front by visors. Worst of all is near the overhead console... were it tucks under the plastic at the aft edge (where pop out storage compartment is ). The headliner...
  16. gmcjetpilot

Help with CLUNK on 2004 TDI manual I Might Buy

I went and saw a 2004. It is rough cosmetically but was owned by a mechanic who put a ton of new parts into it. It has 309,000 miles on it and is a manual. The only thing of concern was a "CLUNK" when letting OFF the accelerator pedal abruptly, or when applying acceleration abruptly from...
  17. gmcjetpilot

Can you route wires from rear hatch through headliner to front windsheild?

I am installing a dash cam 2 channel and need to figure out a shorter route then along the door sills. Any suggestions on how to safely and cleanly go under headliner?
  18. gmcjetpilot

Has Anyone Used Their Post Mod Warranty - What Will You Do Once Warranty Expires

I had my Mod done March 2018. My warranty expires March 2022. Post emissions modified (older TDI) vehicles get .... get 4 year/48,000 mile emissions warranty from date of modification. Emissions warranty covers anything the emissions system affected. Has anyone made a claim for this Post Mod...
  19. gmcjetpilot

TPS Tire Pressure Sensor - Brand and Supplier and Prices

It's time for a tire change and I'm going to put a new tire pressure sensors. Can anybody direct me to a good brand and dealer to buy them from. I also probably should replace the seal kits. I checked online the sensors run about $35-$40 each (but some well overvf100 each). I see Siemens is one...
  20. gmcjetpilot

Can you Flush and Refill All Coolant from 2010 TDI CJAA Without Removing Hoses?

So I had my system flushed. I was going to do it myself as I do all my routine maintenance (oil filter changes, engine, DSG, fuel, air), but this looked like a big PIA. I picked it up and it had purple pink stuff in reservoir. So far so good. The price was higher than expected. Don't care as...