Search results

1. M

Key Learning thru VCDS help

Thanks. Sadly i found this out today. Have a vehicle programmer guy that claims he can do it. Coming out tomorrow, see how it goes.
  2. M

Key Learning thru VCDS help

I have a 2010 Sportwagon i just installed a new used BCM and coded successfully (old one fried from Pano roof drain leaking on it) but, it wont learn the keys. Ive been on wiki-ross-tech site and looked up procedure and even in the program, as some know, it has some help through the process...
  3. M

CV Axle Shaft options

Vibration you say? I've had a vibration om my 04 Golf commuter for awhile and thought for sure it was the left axle going out. So, I was just waiting for it to get worse and 2 days ago it got bad, really bad. Lots of heavy vibration under load, noisy clicking sounds as well. Ordered axle, got it...
  4. M

Rocketchip boost+ for ALH

Any word on Jeff?
  5. M

My 2003 Jetta

Got my head back from Frank, with a port and stage 2 cam and 764's dialed in. Short block is good, just re-sealing everything. Few other new parts, steering rack, ball joints. Cleaning everything and painting as needed. SB stage 2 endurance clutch. It's coming together!
  6. M

My 2003 Jetta

Just read your thread abou the add on 6th! Very interesting! $1700 or so shipped? I'll get this thing running and on the road first.
  7. M

kerma TDI?...way to go? need help

Most wait till they need it or warranty runs out. Rawtech or darkside seem to be the way to go. I have a 2001 Golf with Kerma's tunes with stock exhaust, it's plenty quick. Not that it couldnt use more :). Facebook tdi forums have alot more chat and info into this subject then here. Yeah, Kerma...
  8. M

ALH Build Help

Agree with what others stated above. And no need for pistons, rods or oil cooler at this time. Price up your basics, call and talk with tuners see who your comfortable with and add as needed. Headstuds are cheap I'd put them in.
  9. M

ALH Build Help

Well, if under 4k and under 2 months is the goal, think you'll have to stick to the topend and lower your hp goal. A local machine shop can go through your cyl head and you can buy all the parts needed on Idparts (cheaper then most), if needed. Kerma has a Colt for 400. They also have a AMC cyl...
  10. M

ALH Build Help

Right, whats your budget and how soon do you want to get it done? Doing the work your self, minus machine work? I was looking to do the same, I have the same car and have been researching since February, maybe before that. Plus, I already have a parts car with alot of parts I can use and I...
  11. M

Buy 2 microntech pure flow kit

Did a search here and google and all that comes up is you mentioning it, no details...
  12. M

Buy 2 microntech pure flow kit

What's a Diztel Mod???
  13. M

Piston bowl lip - PD owners

You've prob been reading the same stuff i have. People on here claim this can be done with what you are looking for but, after talking to TDI builders with machine shops that have built hundreds of motors say you'll blow out rings, bend rods and main journals without upgrading lower end with...
  14. M

MN Chat Thread

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in here and ask if anyone knows of a machine shop that knows these TDI motors, specifically ALH. Want to get some head work done but, my guy doesn't know much about these and doesn't do porting. Thanks.
  15. M

Another 03 ALH Build

PakProtector, Thanks for the reply. Regards to Benz manual, what are you looking for a 123 engine based manual? Can PM me.
  16. M

Another 03 ALH Build

No egr on tuned car
  17. M

Another 03 ALH Build

Thanks Nero. I like your signature. I was planning on still using my EGR since its so cold here.
  18. M

Another 03 ALH Build

Hey guys, I'm looking for advice on what direction to go here. I've been reading quite a bit, most is understandable but, alot of the acronyms I don't know. Back ground: I have a 03 Jetta ALH, manual I bought almost new in 05. Has 260K on it now, all stock, coming due for some major maintenance...
  19. M

New to me Mk6 Golf

Thanks. I'll check it out!
  20. M

New to me Mk6 Golf

Installed Kerma tune this AM. Very nice, I likey!