Search results

1. U

NB MKIV Serp Tensioner

Can the Serpentine belt tensioner be changed on the NB? If so any tricks before I dig in? I found a post but it appears to be for a Jetta. The answer is yes, its just like the jetta in there. Sorry for the fire drill. Can't figure how to delete my own post. DOH!!!
  2. U

New ina alternator pulley fell off!?

About a month ago I replaced the Alternator pulley, tensioner, and belt on my 03 jetta tdi at about 330k miles using INA pulleys and a gates belt. This last weekend I replaced the idler pulley to complete the renewing of the accessory drive system. Yesterday the new alternator pulley came off...
  3. U

pilot shaft bearing?

I just dropped my tranny to replace the clutch, rear main, trans seals etc. I was surprised to find no needle bearing in the back of the crankshaft nor a spout on the end of input shaft for it to ride on. Is this normal for these transmissions?
  4. U

Engine Wont turn to line up marks?

On an 03 Jetta 315,000 miles: Drove to warm up this am to record before timing, IQ, etc readings. Start timing belt procedure, obviously for the 3rd time. While turning the cam sprocket clockwise with the proper tool, the engine stops rotating. The belt is intact. I try to turn by crank bolt...
  5. U

IP voltage on Starts and Dies immediately issue

I have a one owner 03 jetta was running great on Thursday and on Monday starts and dies immediately. Have checked ASV, even disconnected vacuum, not stuck, very clean inside EGR. Have CEL and glow plug lights at power on, no immobilizer light stays on. Have it setup to run off purge bottle full...
  6. U

Heater Fan Blows fuse only on High?

My 2003 NB hvac fan blows the fuse only on High without the AC on, but with it on also. Blows within a second or two to several seconds after being turned on high. No problems at all on 1,2 or 3. AC works find pressures are good. Cabin filter has been changed and blend doors recovered with foil...
  7. U

EGR Undelete

I want to undelete my EGR. I just have one block off plate, vacuum line plug and adaption in ECU performed at intake manifold cleaning can't remember at what mileage. I can't find the info on how I changed the code via vagcom. And I can't remember how I did it. There was a step by step I believe...
  8. U

FrostHeater Questions 2003 Jetta

Looking at the Frostheater HTR2. I believe this to be a 1000 watt heater but at what temo does this come on and shutoff. I know that these heaters are actually "Phillips/Temro Zerostart Industrial Tank/Circulation Heaters". However Phillips makes them with several different thermostats. If...