Search results

1. U

Reduced Clutch disengagement

Alaskax, did you ever get your issue resolved. If so could you update. I am in your shoes.
  2. U

Jetta mk4 brake issues

Did you ever get your brake bleed resolved? Im headed into that territory tommorrow.
  3. U

NB MKIV Serp Tensioner

Can the Serpentine belt tensioner be changed on the NB? If so any tricks before I dig in? I found a post but it appears to be for a Jetta. The answer is yes, its just like the jetta in there. Sorry for the fire drill. Can't figure how to delete my own post. DOH!!!
  4. U

ALH IP front shaft seal replacement pictorial with subtitles ;)...

I too would like to have a copy of that PDF emailed if at all possible. Thanks in advance for your consideration!
  5. U

New ina alternator pulley fell off!?

Cant say if clutch was locked up as its on the road somewhere now. Should I be able to check its ratcheting before or even after installed. How would i do that if possible.
  6. U

I tightened using the splined triple square. I thought the pulley was pulled in the tighten direction from the belt spinning and sort of self torqued. I know I tightened but dont recall torquing to a spec.
  7. U

About a month ago I replaced the Alternator pulley, tensioner, and belt on my 03 jetta tdi at about 330k miles using INA pulleys and a gates belt. This last weekend I replaced the idler pulley to complete the renewing of the accessory drive system. Yesterday the new alternator pulley came off...
  8. U

Crank seal replacement

Which model of the Dewalt HD impact did you get? They have several now.
  9. U

pilot shaft bearing?

I just dropped my tranny to replace the clutch, rear main, trans seals etc. I was surprised to find no needle bearing in the back of the crankshaft nor a spout on the end of input shaft for it to ride on. Is this normal for these transmissions?
  10. U

Engine Wont turn to line up marks?

At 315,000 I am probably getting close to the clutch replacement anyway, which is why i have one on the shelf. Its a matter of time not money. Oh well.
  11. U

First off thanks for all the replies. I have had this car since new. I have done all the previous belt changes, as well as replaced turbo center section and actuator ring and kermi,s 1019 nozzles. I believe what may have happen is a valve cover bolt i dropped fell into the timing mark inspection...
  12. U

On an 03 Jetta 315,000 miles: Drove to warm up this am to record before timing, IQ, etc readings. Start timing belt procedure, obviously for the 3rd time. While turning the cam sprocket clockwise with the proper tool, the engine stops rotating. The belt is intact. I try to turn by crank bolt...
  13. U

ALH Cam Seal

Which seal is better? Preparing for a couple of TB changes. Which seal is the better seal? Spring or teflon and why?
  14. U

IP voltage on Starts and Dies immediately issue

Yes on the beer! This is definitely squirrels as my daughter tells me she saw a squirrel come out from under the front end a couple of times. We found a "loaded" nest under the hood of my 03 ranger earlier this spring. And last year they ate the brand new plug wires and part of the injector...
  15. U

Confirmed Kill The Crank Angle Sensor solved the problem. Now on to IQ adjustments and squirrel hunting. Thanks to all for the kind help!
  16. U

Solved Starts then dies immediately. Taking AndysBees suggestion I went to check my "crank angle sensor" and after looking under the oil filter whilst following the wire I find the wire is chewed in two. Off to the auto store to pick up new sensor and to farm store to get squirrel repellent...
  17. U

Ohm it out means to check for short to ground or open circuit across the leads. Usually has some resistance. If open or shorted to ground could be the problem.
  18. U

Keep the ideas coming. Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the effort and time invested in your all thoughts. I gotta keep noodling this till I find it. I guess that if the run circuit on the ignition switch was out it could cause this, but i get 12volts to the shutoff terminal on the IP for...
  19. U

So an update . . . Swapped pumps between the running NB and the Non running Jetta. NB starts and runs fine. Jetta still starts and dies immediately, like in 1 second. I am at a loss. ASV is not stuck. 109 Relay swapped with known good. Injection pump swapped with known good. Timing marks all...
  20. U

Any way to disable immobilizer? ASV is wide open, can observe whilst helper cranks. Have tried both fobs and the non fob key as well. Any way to disable mobilizer?