Search results

1. W

Mechatronic Replaced - Radical difference in shifting pattern

I have 93K on my 09 TDI, and as a precaution, just had the Mechatronic Unit replaced in the tranny as part of a recall. My car was manufacturered early on... in fact it was the very first model my dealer received and served as a demo for a couple of weeks (with the green badging)... had 400...
  2. W

Resetting Service Reminder 09 TDI

With 60K on the clock on my 09 TDI, I recently had my oil change completed at a non-VW German specialty shop, and today (at 62,500 miles) for the first time ever I received a "service in X miles or x days" warning light in the mfd. (I always wondered if this car had a reminder, but even after...
  3. W

09/10 TDI oil change costs

Just curious. What are most of you finding your dealer and / or mechanic is charging to change the oil on your 09 or 10 TDI? I just changed from a dealer to a private shop and saved a lot of money, even more than I expected. I just got the oil change (yes, with 507, in fact they ordered it...
  4. W

New Tires for 09 tdi

I would be interested in knowing if any other 09 TDI'ers that have the factory original Bridgestone tires are beginning to notice significant noise. I rotated mine every 10K, and at the 30K rotation, noticed a significant increase in road noise which partially subsided after a couple thousand...
  5. W

09 TDI 40K Service - $842.61

I just had my service today. $842.61. Yes, that's right, over 800 dollars. I've never felt more raped in my life. I'm so upset, and to add insult to injury, I'm not sure they used the correct engine oil. I'm setting here (just got back from the dealer) pondering what my plan of action should be...
  6. W

09 TDI 40K Service - $842.61

I just had my service today. $842.61. Yes, that's right, over 800 dollars. I've never felt more raped in my life. I'm so upset, and to add insult to injury, I'm not sure they used the correct engine oil. I'm setting here (just got back from the dealer) pondering what my plan of action should be...
  7. W

Rear Seat Leg Room 09 Tdi Sedan vs Wagon

Perhaps the ONLY issue I have with my 09 TDI (at 35K on the clock already) is that the knee room for passengers in the reat seat is a bit snug. My question is, does the Sport Wagen offer more rear seat room than the sedan? ADmittedly I do 90% of my driving alone, but would like to take the...
  8. W

09 Jetta TDI - Mounting the GPS / 12V source

I'd like to mount my Garmin GPS on the lower left of the windshield, and therefore I'd like to find a 12V source of power on the LEFT side of the car. (Plus I need about 2-12V outlets already in the center of the car for the phone and the bluetooth headset charger) as I'd really not like to...
  9. W

Bluetooth Option for 09 jetta tdi

i had written the folks at Volk-L as to when the dealer installable blue tooth option would be available, and received this reply today: We understand that the VW Bluetooth communications solution (Volk-L) will be available to order from your local VW Dealer from mid September onwards...
  10. W

DSG shift pattern 09 Jetta TDI

I have about 2500 miles on the clock in my new 09 TDI, and this is my first experience with the DSG tranny, so I've a few questions some of you can answer. I would particularly like to hear from 09 owners since I suspect the tranny is responding differently than in earlier versions. Here's my...
  11. W

09 TDI group

Since many of us are now proud (and boastful) owners of the new 09 Jetta TDI, it would be great if we had a group (forum) specifically for general discussion of our new cars, and a great resource to answer the many questions that will be forthcoming - mileage being the first topic that everyone...
  12. W

Gas Station Diesel Pump Nozzle Size

I have now found a new issue since I took delivery Saturday on my new TDI. (Hooray) When I went to a shell station today for the first fill up (cause you KNOW I had to take a little road trip yesterday, and averaged 47 MPG... and this on a brand new engine, so it will only get better)... I...