Search results

1. RichBoss302

Won't Start After Sitting 2 Weeks-battery Is Ok.

My 2000 Jetta TDI has been sitting for over 2 weeks and I tried to start it today and it turns over as it normally has but just won't start. It has never sat this long for it to have this issue but I thought I read somewhere on this forum that if you don't start your VW with this crappy...
  2. RichBoss302

Sticking Door lock on my 2000 Jetta TDI!!

When I use the locking feature on my key fob, the drivers door lock sometimes locks, and sometimes it doesn't! The alarm/immo system activates every time even though the drivers door lock may not lock. All the other door locks operate fine. Anybody have a similar problem with an answer?
  3. RichBoss302

5-speed swap in a 2000 Jetta TDI???

I am new to this forum stuff and sorry if this is already answered somewhere but...........when my Automatic tranny goes into the crapper I want to maybe swap a manual tranny into it. Who, where, what do I have to do? WOW, that's a BIG question! I live in the Tampa Bay Florida area if anyone can...
  4. RichBoss302

AHU or ALH

I have TONS of questions and one day I will figure out how to answer them myself, but until then here's another! What is AHU and ALH and how do I figure out which engine I have??:confused:
  5. RichBoss302

New to VW and it's TDI

Ok, I am in the learning process here! What is it and what's the difference between the VE and PD? I keep seeing this mentioned everywhere.
  6. RichBoss302

New to VW's and TDI's - Transmission help!

Hello, I am new to the VW scene and TDI's. I LOVE the mpg with my 2000 Jetta TDI but also know it's NOT a new car and I know they are apparently very finicky and EXPENSIVE to fix too? I will need a Automatic transmission sometime down the road I am sure of it and I DO NOT want to go to the local...
  7. RichBoss302

Whining noise as wheel speed increases or decreases

I am new to this site, Jetta TDI's and Diesel cars all together and I love my Jetta and this site so far! I have a whining noise that I can hear, more with the driver window open, and it sounds like it's coming from the left front wheel area of the car.....or maybe the Automatic tranny? Do I...