Search results

1. RichBoss302

Won't Start After Sitting 2 Weeks-battery Is Ok.

My 2000 Jetta TDI has been sitting for over 2 weeks and I tried to start it today and it turns over as it normally has but just won't start. It has never sat this long for it to have this issue but I thought I read somewhere on this forum that if you don't start your VW with this crappy...
  2. RichBoss302

Whine from motor.. Belt?

I have a whine too! My 2000 Jetta TDI has a whine too that for a while I was thinking a CV joint??? But this here sounds like the same thing too me as this guy originally asked. So here's my deal-- no whine until about 30-40 mph and faster, usually all the time but it has not whine a couple of...
  3. RichBoss302

Sticking Door lock on my 2000 Jetta TDI!!

When I use the locking feature on my key fob, the drivers door lock sometimes locks, and sometimes it doesn't! The alarm/immo system activates every time even though the drivers door lock may not lock. All the other door locks operate fine. Anybody have a similar problem with an answer?
  4. RichBoss302

2000 tdi nb no start!

I have the same problem on my 2000 Jetta TDI, I would get in and start it and then it would die. Sometimes it even sets/activates the alarm system after I deactivate it when unlocking the car and when this first started happening I didn't notice the alarm/immo system had been set while sitting...
  5. RichBoss302

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

I heard that diesel is a by-product of gasoline production at the refinery? Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't that or shouldn't that make diesel CHEAPER than gas??? If I was told the correct thing then is the oil companies SCREWING us? Any thoughts on this would be nice. I paid $4.77 a...
  6. RichBoss302

MPG disappointment

I bought my 2000 Jetta TDI 2 weeks ago and just filled it up the 2nd time tonight. 2nd tank was all city driving in the Tampa Bay area of Florida with the A/C blowing nice and COLD and even with the automatic apparentely having some minor slippage issues it still got 36mpg. I figure after I go...
  7. RichBoss302

70 MPG/1100/1200 Mile Club

How do you vent the tank?? I am sure this is a silly question but this is all very new to me but I want to learn as much as possible about my newfound TDI! I am used to my toyota tacoma and 65 mustang and the mpg they get.......this new 40-50mpg territory to me is AWESOME!
  8. RichBoss302

5-speed swap in a 2000 Jetta TDI???

I am new to this forum stuff and sorry if this is already answered somewhere but...........when my Automatic tranny goes into the crapper I want to maybe swap a manual tranny into it. Who, where, what do I have to do? WOW, that's a BIG question! I live in the Tampa Bay Florida area if anyone can...
  9. RichBoss302

AHU or ALH

I have TONS of questions and one day I will figure out how to answer them myself, but until then here's another! What is AHU and ALH and how do I figure out which engine I have??:confused:
  10. RichBoss302

New to VW's and TDI's - Transmission help!

Hey, thanks a TON for that info.....my local VW dealer did say $3,000 for the remanufactured Automatic Tranny and 4 hrs to replace it at $90hr labor rate. So is this a good price compared to what I have read already for the VW reman'd Auto's? How about the 5-speed manual swap I have read about...
  11. RichBoss302

New to VW and it's TDI

Ok, I am in the learning process here! What is it and what's the difference between the VE and PD? I keep seeing this mentioned everywhere.
  12. RichBoss302

Hole in 2002 TDI transmission

I just bought a 2000 Jetta TDI with an Automatic and a see threads referring to swapping auto's to manual sticks? Is this expensive other than the cost of parts? Would I spend less swapping mine to a manual when the automatic eventually needs to be replaced? I live near the Tampa Bay area and...
  13. RichBoss302

New to VW's and TDI's - Transmission help!

Hello, I am new to the VW scene and TDI's. I LOVE the mpg with my 2000 Jetta TDI but also know it's NOT a new car and I know they are apparently very finicky and EXPENSIVE to fix too? I will need a Automatic transmission sometime down the road I am sure of it and I DO NOT want to go to the local...
  14. RichBoss302

Tools I couldn't live without.

Can you enlighten me on the intake/exhaust flush kit and where to get it........or are you just joking around? I am new to TDI's and some of the maintainance needed on them. I have learned cleaning the the intakes and other things is common and would like to make it easy on me!
  15. RichBoss302

What can I do to increase fuel economy??

I thought I heard that wider rims make for more friction thus causing more effort to turn the wheels in order to move the vehivle down the road. Wider rims = more contact patch = more friction?? How could a taller tire make better mpg.....if BIG tires on a 4x4 made for better economy then...
  16. RichBoss302

Whining noise as wheel speed increases or decreases

wouldn't the bearings have a more squeeling squeeky noise? This sounds like plastic parts rubbing in a rough surface type thing.
  17. RichBoss302

Whining noise as wheel speed increases or decreases

I am new to this site, Jetta TDI's and Diesel cars all together and I love my Jetta and this site so far! I have a whining noise that I can hear, more with the driver window open, and it sounds like it's coming from the left front wheel area of the car.....or maybe the Automatic tranny? Do I...
  18. RichBoss302

70 MPG/1100/1200 Mile Club

HOLY COW! I just bought a 2000 Jetta TDI with Automatic Tranny and was excited about possibly getting between 40-50mpg. I hit the fuel warning light and then filled up and it stopped at 12.6 gallons. Ummmmmmmm, just how big are the tanks in the cars getting 15 million MPG anyways? Is my tank...
  19. RichBoss302

What can I do to increase fuel economy??

Bigger Rims hurting MPG? I just bought a 2000 Jetta TDI with an Automatic and 15" aluminum factory wheels. I want to put the 16" BBS rims, I think they came on Wolfsburg Edition Jetta's, and want to know if just the 1 inch increase in wheel diameter is enough to REALLY hurt my MPG?