Search results

1. MiksTDI

WTB A4 TDI engine block or full engine... mine tossed a rod!

I am looking to replace my block. Anybody have an engine available?
  2. MiksTDI

Stock SMIC For Sale

Stock 2001 A4 Intercooler for sale. Removed to install new FMIC on my Jetta. No dings or problems with it at all. Looks just like the others on the site here, but I can post a Pic if needed. Cheaper than these: and no broken Parts.... Results sorted by PRICE (Click on...
  3. MiksTDI

Volkswagen AAC (TDI Truck)

Has Anybody seen this yet? I did the search thing Global Concepts (Part 2) Volkswagen AAC According to Volkswagen, its Advanced Activity Concept (AAC) combines the functions of a pickup with the luxury of a top-class sedan. As far back as the C-pillars, a load-bearing bodyshell is used...
  4. MiksTDI

PDA Software & Cable for Treo 650/700 users?

I found a software and cable for my treo 650 but the price is about 300 for both at Shade Tree Software. Does anybody know of a cheaper program? The cable I can deal with for 30 bucks.
  5. MiksTDI

TB changes in No. Illinois & So. east Wisconsin.

Just getting My name out there if anybody around here needs a TB change. I figured Since I bought the tool set and I have done quite a few I should keep going. I like the work and could use the cash... Just PM me if needed.
  6. MiksTDI

Problem with Fuel Gauge & Water Temp Gauge..Help!!

Well, I was in the process of wiring an external fuel tank into the wiring of the stock VW fuel tank sender harnes while the harness was disconnected from the sender on the tank when I smelled the smoke and saw the lights flashing on the instrument cluster. The water temp light flashes and the...
  7. MiksTDI

90hp TDI to 150 hp...What is needed to duplicate?

I am just wondering what I can do to make my 90hp TDI into a 150 hp Diesel. Actually I have the PP520 injectors and Upsolute's FMIC, Stock turbo and Wetterauer's chip for the injectors. The intake and exhaust are both opened up with bigger openings, like larger exhaust and Old Man Intake and...
  8. MiksTDI

Hammer Mod... How do you do it?

Well, The search is down again and I am smokin like a train.. I have the pp520's in and Wett upgraded my chip for the 3rd time, K&N & Old Man intake & the smoke is there quite well usually when I am nailing it but sometimes just putting around. I have the FMIC in my garage and will install...
  9. MiksTDI

Manual Trans Oil ??? Noisy after warm up, at idle

What is everybody putting in their transmission for oil. I thought the book said 75w90 synthetic. I use the Amsoil stuff. My old tranny started making the rattle at idle after warm up about 60-70k..dealer left the oil out when servicing....100k later 5th gear stripped the splines off the...
  10. MiksTDI

5 speed or 6 speed manual trans needed

I am looking for a 5 or 6 speed TDI trans for sale. My 5th gear just went out and I am looking for a replacement trans or an upgrade.
  11. MiksTDI

80k tensioner.... any news on compensation?

I was just wondering what ever came about with the Tensioner problem from Harv's company? Has anybody got any news? Is there a compensation package? Just looking for info since the long post was deleted.
  12. MiksTDI

Turn signals don't flash with Lock/Unlock anymore

Turn signals don\'t flash with Lock/Unlock anymore Recently, durring an install of a wiring harness for a hitch, a few fuses were blown and obviously some wires were shorted together to blow these fuses . Since then I've replaced my fuses and my turn signals don't flash when I lock or unlock...
  13. MiksTDI

The Best Power Enhancements

All you guys have nice rides and I've noticed the mods. For a Newby, What Chip is the best for the price and where do you get it? I've heard of the Wett. chip and Upsolute....Which? I appreciate the info. Miks