Search results

1. Z

B5 sedan trunk hinges

So i somehow busted the left trunk hinge, and I have a few questions and seeking some advice. I know, not exactly a BSM or camshaft level repair. Lol. I know there was an unofficial recall or TSB about these hinges early on and a revised version of the hinges were made after our cars left the...
  2. Z

Yaw Rate Sensor

This is new to me. Got the ESP/ASR light on dash (yellow exclamation point inside triangle with circle-arrow around it all) illuminate a couple of times and then go back out. Codes are 04123 (lateral acceleration sensor) and 01542 (yaw rate sensor). Symptoms were non-existent until one...
  3. Z

Turbo discharge S-hose

Apologies in advance given the myriad 'black smoke' turbo underboost threads here, but is 3B0-145-834-N the correct part# for the S-hose on the exit side? (Nothing comes up here when searching the part#, with or without the dashes, which sparked the concern that I was ordering the correct part.)...
  4. Z

Parts Question re: ABS Wheel Speed Sensor

I am having a problem with the ABS firing off at very slow speeds as I am coming to a stop. It only happens with light braking. No CELs or warning lights or beeping and the ESP doesn't light up. So everything points to wheel speed sensors from what I am seeing online. I still need to get...
  5. Z

AC Squeal

So my AC is squealing when the compressor is engaged. I thought it was the alternator pulley going bad, based on this thread, so I went ahead and had the alternator pulley replaced when I had the 20k mile service done last week. Just got the car back yesterday, and after having the alt pulley...
  6. Z

Qs re: TDT vs. Rotella T6 vs. Delo 400 in summer

This might be a risky thread to start, but here goes: are these about equal for a PD motor in the summer, or which one of these would be better for high ambient temperature use? From what I've gathered here over the years, T6 is a bit thinner than TDT and it makes T6 a great choice in the...
  7. Z

Questions re: Valve Cover Gasket R&R

I've got a leaking valve cover gasket and I'm going to take the car to one of our trusted mechanics. Trusted mechanic works out of his personal garage (not commercial), so doesn't stock everything, so I just want to make sure we have everything needed in advance so we can avoid any...
  8. Z

Electrical gremlin - car won't shut off

I think this is my first-ever new thread here! So at risk of sounding like an idiot (which has never stopped me posting here before), here's an interesting thing that happened to me this morning at the gas/D2 station. So I pulled up to the pump and turn the car off and the motor was still...