Search results

1. L

Sold: 2010 Jetta TDI 6 speed, 242K, central CT, $4000

This is my commuter vehicle, 70 miles a day. - Stock exhaust with Malone stage 2 - New (really expensive) OEM particulate filter and EGR. - Upgraded VW radio with navigation one. - CP3 pump installed so no worries about imploding HPFP. - P3 ODB2 Multi-guage - Slight rust under front lip of hood...
  2. L

FS: Used 2Micron Contain Flow and new filter

Installed as new CP3 pump years back and finally got around to removing the Contain flow. Looking for 80 + shipping
  3. L

FS: CR170 Turbo and RawTek for 2010 Jetta TDI

I purchased these across a few years starting with the DFP delete: 8/12/2014 Rawtek - DPF Delete Exhaust Downpipe for CR 2.0L TDI 579 - DPF Delete Exhaust Midpipe for MK5 Jetta & Sportwagen CR 2.0L TDI 589 (model: High Flow Cat and Resonator) 4/8/2016 Rawtek...
  4. L

FS: 2010 Jetta TDI HPFP - Hartford, CT - $400

FS: 2010 Jetta TDI HPFP - Hartford, CT - $350 Purchased this in early July of last year to swap out at 120K. I ended up putting in 2Micron's CP3 adapter and it's been sitting around my garage.
  5. L

SOLD! 2005 VW Passat GLS TDI Wagon

The vehicle has 115K, is in excellent shape and has the following extra's: --- Alpine nav system with backup camera, Pandora and XM satellite radio. --- Audi 17" alloy wheels. --- New battery Engine modifications include: --- Balance Shaft Module (BSM) replaced at 90K. --- Hardened Cam...
  6. L

2006 Jetta BRM biggest isses

2006 Jetta BRM biggest issues Hi, I'm looking at replacing my 05 Passat TDI wagon with a 06 Jetta TDI with pretty low miles. I know the Passat issues very well and was wondering what owners/mechanics of the Jetta's think the biggest issues are. The only one I can clearly see is the cam...
  7. L

Price check on new alternator one way pulley

Had some funny belt noises at idle and could see the serpentine stressing now and then. The dealership said my 'one way pulley' on the alternator was frozen and it's $450 to replace as the alternator needs to come out (assuming there is a fair amount of time to get it out.) Does this sound...
  8. L

Error Code P0272

Hi, I'm posting this for a co-worker. She has a 2010 Jetta TDI DSG. Check engine light came on P0272. Changed the fuel filter reset the the error codes and 7 weeks go by no issues. Check engine light came back on a week ago with a P0272 again (MOD $00, Cylinder 4 Contribution/Balance). I...
  9. L

New CAM plus ?

Ok, So if I pull the plug and have a new stage 2 cam put in my 2005 Passat Wagon, is there anything else that should be added to the job seeing how much time it takes to get in there? Thanks...
  10. L

Rough idle question, 2005 Passat TDI

Got up this morning and the wagon started up with a very erratic idle. Not just a single cylinder missing but seemed like random misses for 30 seconds or so. I little fuel seemed to help a lot, but the idle symptom did not go away until the engine was warm. When I went to lunch and started the...
  11. L

Better antenna for 2005 Passat

So the BSM upgrade is in as well as the transmission maintenance so I wanted to add blue tooth. I also have an XM satellite license that I can transfer to another radio. So after much exploring I found these shark fin part numbers that some have used in the past: am/fm/Sirius xm -...
  12. L

2005 Passat DSG tranny enhancements?

Had my new/old 2005 Passat GLS TDI wagon for a couple weeks and just had Mike in NJ swap my chain oil drive for gears. I'm looking into doing a Malone 1.5 tune and wondering if there are any enhancements to the stock DSG auto for handling the extra power (the stock one is already on the cars...
  13. L

Coolant migration

Ok, I've search on the coolant migration problem and have not found any substantial information. My second 98 TDI has been diagnosed with this problem and I was wondering if anyone who has had this problem has gotten any help from VW. The bill is going to get pretty high and it seems for an...
  14. L

Glow plug harness wiring disconnect

Like many of you here I had the check engine light on my 98 TDI and went down to Autozone and got a P0380 code (the dealer wanted $78 to read it!). I figured I'd with the most likely (and cheapest) fix and got the glow plug harness. It was quite easy to pop the harness ends off the glow plugs...