Search results

1. F

02 ALH Limp Mode only in Winter Temps.

Hi All I have a 2002 Jetta TDI 5spd, and been suffering thru a Intermittent "Limp Mode" that occurs only in the Winter when the Temperature gets to like Below 20 Deg. ? I have owned this car for 11 Years now and Spring/ Summer and Fall - No Issues. So in CT this week, we had 37 Deg. this...
  2. F

02 Jetta ALH Starter Stopped Turning

Hi All This is just an Easy Fix. I got up yesterday and went out to my 02 Jetta TDI, about 12 Deg. Out – the norm for New England now and Put the key in the Ignition, waited for the Glow Plug light to go out. Turned the key and it turned over like 3 times, not enough to start but the Normal...
  3. F

Contact info for Keith St. Laurent ( meganuke ) in Enfield, CT

Contact info for Keith St. Laurent ( meganuke ) in Enfield, CT Hi ALL Looking to get a hold of Keith St. Laurent (meganuke) in Enfield, CT. He did my Timing belt last year, March on my 02 TDI - Fantastic Job and Quick ! A coworker needs a Timing belt replacement done on his 07 TDI. His...
  4. F

02 Heater Core Replacement

Hi All I have an 02 TDI Jetta, 130,000 mi and noticed the Windows "fogging" up lately and now, driving from work - I smelled Antifreeze/ Coolant. How involved is it to replace this Year or Take it to my Mechanic and be done ? Thanks Timmy from Connecticut
  5. F

Reliable TDI mechanic, Fairfield County, CT ?

Looking for a Reliable Mechanic for my 02 Jetta TDI, Right now I would like to have the Timimg/ Fuel injection Pump checked and what ever could be done for my Mileage or lack of. I get 37 - 39 MPG doing all the tricks and driving very conservative. I live in Fairfield County, Connecticut and...