Search results

1. F

Looking for trusted TDI mechanic, CT

Hi Nevada_TDI I gonna say No, As Most of the Time, It Happens in the Morning on the way to Work and it's Dark, But once in a While, it has Happened During the Day, When it's like Below 20 deg. and I Did Not see a Puff. And I have Changed the VNT Valve. It's Some kind of Controlling Circuit/...
  2. F

Looking for trusted TDI mechanic, CT

Bumping This Post Up Again ! Anyone New to the CT List, Maybe in the Fairfield County Area ?? Trying to Sort out my Limp Mode Issue with my 2002 Jetta TDI/ AHL
  3. F

02 ALH Limp Mode only in Winter Temps.

Hello Ed I will Scan Tonight, I want to say No ??? And I forgot to mention, I did the Intake Cleaning a Few Years ago, Cleaned the EGR, Did the "Oven Cleaner/ Turbo Vane Cleaning" like Twice last year, Replaced the MAF Sensor, N75 Valve (Waist Gate), N18 (EGR Control) valves.
  4. F

02 ALH Limp Mode only in Winter Temps.

Hi All I have a 2002 Jetta TDI 5spd, and been suffering thru a Intermittent "Limp Mode" that occurs only in the Winter when the Temperature gets to like Below 20 Deg. ? I have owned this car for 11 Years now and Spring/ Summer and Fall - No Issues. So in CT this week, we had 37 Deg. this...
  5. F

02 Jetta ALH Starter Stopped Turning

Hi "Ski in NC" Nice Mileage, I only got above 45 once. My round trip Work Commute is only 15 miles. Hey, we live on White Roads here in New England and for like the past 3 or 4 years now, they use a Anti Icing Brine that is Rusting Brake lines and Fenders. I said the Brake Line/ Body Supply...
  6. F

I feel Cheated :)
  7. F

Hi Jason I forgot to put my Mileage in, 164,370 miles. Did they all Burn out While Cranking ? Picked up the Starter and will have it in tonight. Like a New Car :) Timmy
  8. F

Hi All This is just an Easy Fix. I got up yesterday and went out to my 02 Jetta TDI, about 12 Deg. Out – the norm for New England now and Put the key in the Ignition, waited for the Glow Plug light to go out. Turned the key and it turned over like 3 times, not enough to start but the Normal...
  9. F

Only heat from manual climate control...

Hi all I did this "repair" last night, I did not use a Mountain Dew Cap. The Space between my Blend Door Lever and the Air Duct was larger so I found the Black cap from a Plastic Marvel Mystery Oil Bottle - the 1 Pint size I think, it was like 5/8" long. I drilled out the .315" hole or 5/16"...
  10. F

Contact info for Keith St. Laurent ( meganuke ) in Enfield, CT

Contact info for Keith St. Laurent ( meganuke ) in Enfield, CT Hi ALL Looking to get a hold of Keith St. Laurent (meganuke) in Enfield, CT. He did my Timing belt last year, March on my 02 TDI - Fantastic Job and Quick ! A coworker needs a Timing belt replacement done on his 07 TDI. His...
  11. F

turbo problems

Contact info for Keith St. Laurent ( meganuke ) in Enfield, CT Hi ALL Looking to get a hold of Keith St. Laurent (meganuke) in Enfield, CT. He did my Timing belt last year, March on my 02 TDI - Fantastic Job and Quick ! A coworker needs a Timing belt replacement done on his 07 TDI. His phone #...
  12. F

02 Heater Core Replacement

Hi All I have an 02 TDI Jetta, 130,000 mi and noticed the Windows "fogging" up lately and now, driving from work - I smelled Antifreeze/ Coolant. How involved is it to replace this Year or Take it to my Mechanic and be done ? Thanks Timmy from Connecticut
  13. F

Reliable TDI mechanic, Fairfield County, CT ?

Looking for a Reliable Mechanic for my 02 Jetta TDI, Right now I would like to have the Timimg/ Fuel injection Pump checked and what ever could be done for my Mileage or lack of. I get 37 - 39 MPG doing all the tricks and driving very conservative. I live in Fairfield County, Connecticut and...