Search results

1. K

CV Axle - Replace both at the same time or just do one?

On deceleration, with a slight right turn, we get a pretty loud grumbling noise that I believe is the CV axle. I don't see the parts to rebuild the axle so now I am shopping for a GKN or Raxle replacement. Should I do both sides while I am down there or just the one that failed? Car has 129k...
  2. K

Replacing an axle

Where should I buy the rebuild kits for the original axles?
  3. K

2012 Sportwagen TDI - Low rumbling when coasting/ deceleration

Update: Pushing in the clutch does seem to have some sort of effect but it seems to still do it. I've really been able to get it to do it more often when the car is warmed up, in 4th or 5th gear, coasting and decelerating in gear and making a slight right turn. The slight right turn definitely...
  4. K

You're right, I'm thinking of CV axles....I knew that sounded off!
  5. K

Hmm good ideas, I'll give that a try.
  6. K

I'll double check but it does appear that way.
  7. K

Taking over maintenance on my Mom's car now that my Dad has passed. It's a 2012 with 129k miles on it and I noticed the other day when coasting in gear/decelerating there is like a low rumble coming from the passenger side I believe. Any guesses what this could be? Do the U Joints go bad on...
  8. K

DPF & EGR codes - P2002 and P0401

The fix was done but it was still covered by the extended warranty.
  9. K

Dieselgate Warranty - Did I just miss out by 1k miles?

Update: Car is still covered, sounds like they will have it fixed by tomorrow.
  10. K

What do you mean by generic? The codes were read by a code reader but I haven't inspected the DPF myself. The car is a 2012 Sportwagen and the emissions update was done in 2018 just before my Mom bought the car. From what I've read we should have coverage because of the update being done less...
  11. K

Further investigation revealed that we have the following coverage: In addition, and concurrently, the Extended Emissions Warranty runs for 4 years 6 months or 54,000 miles (whichever occurs first) from the date of modification or first dealer resale post-modification. Your vehicle was...
  12. K

I need to stop touching things today because I keep striking out. My Dad passed away a month ago after a battle with cancer and I'm trying to help my Mom with a few things. One of those are some check engine codes on her car. It appears we have the "dreaded P2002 and P0401" as well as P240F...
  13. K

DPF & EGR codes - P2002 and P0401

Bumping this to the top - trying to diagnose my Mom's 2002/401 codes
  14. K

2002 Jetta TDI Wagon - Auto, Leather, 230k miles, rust free FL car - Jupiter FL $1500

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD Selling my Mom's 2002 Volkswagen TDI. The Good: Leather Wagon Pretty sure it has a rocket chip (had a rocketchip sticker on the back window when we bought it and it's FAST compared my 2000 and my sisters 2003) Rust free Tires are decent New fans and master...
  15. K

How much to list 2002 VW Jetta Wagon TDI for - needs work

I'm going to help my parents sell their 2002 Jetta TDI wagon. It's going to need a new accesory bracket, glove box and headliner. It also has a clearcoat failure on the roof and hood. It's a rust free FL car with leather interior. I'm also 90% sure it has a rocketchip. Due to this I would rate...