Search results

1. R

GARAGE SALE, MK4, some free stuff, misc odds and ends

Cleaning out the garage... have some mk4 stuff I want to get rid of Single gauge pod- free, just pay shipping Aftermarket shorty antenna - free, just pay shipping OEM double din cd player from an 04 golf-- make offer... no code included Front ABS connector thingy - 5 dollars shipped New OEM...
  2. R

FS: OEM bew/PD maf

I have a used PD maf for sale. Was taken off my car around 100k, replaced just for the heck of it, nothing changed, it works flawless. Has been cleaned periodically with CRC MAF cleaner. Ends capped with plastic ends for storage. 75 shipped obo, send me a PM.
  3. R

WTB: door card, ashtray console, dash vent, door card, etc.

Anyone parting out a car? I need a center dash vent for an 04 golf, a drivers door panel/door card (black and cloth GL), the whole console around the ashtray/shifter, with ashtray, and the bolt/plastic spinner that secures the spare tire in the well.
  4. R

WTB-- center dash vent, spare tire.. thingy

Needed, black center dash vent for an 04 golf. Also, a good condition spare tire screw-down thing with the black plastic spinner.
  5. R

speakers speakers speakers!

I have some speakers to clear out of my house.. First is a full set of OEM mids/tweets from an 04 golf, removed when car had 50k on them. Pretty much mint. One small dent in the dustcap, no way affects performance. These have the rubber surrounds and will not deteriorate like the older ones! Non...
  6. R

Bizzare rattle/vibration in reverse?

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions as I am lost here-- 04 golf, 5sp. manual. The car has lately been "buzzing" somewhere under the hood. It is VERY pronounced while sitting still in reverse. For instance, I will be idling, parking break on, clutch in, throw it into reverse and...
  7. R

FS: OEM thermostat and thermo housing

I have for sale a brand new OEM thermostat for an A4, and seal, both from dealer. Thermostat housing from TDI parts. Over 50 dollars, I will sell them for 35 shipped. PM if interested.
  8. R

FS: stock golf tail lights A4

Have some stock tail lights from an 04 golf. Good condition. 60 dollar shipped, PM me if interested, or if you want pics.
  9. R

Red ALH jetta, lake st, addison, IL

Saw a red jetta at the speedway on lake st. in addison, looked like the car had a mufflerectomy, rear tints, etc. Anyone claim it?
  10. R

New info on duralast gold 94-DLG battery

It seems they have upgraded the specs, the one I just bought has 912 cranking amps, 780 cold cranking, and 140 reserve capacity. Im not battery expert, but I believe these new numbers would put the battery over 80ah. I have seen the 94-DLG at 120rc, then 130rc, so they must have upgraded it...
  11. R

All chicagoland speedway customers

I have been noticing, a LOT of the speedway stations in the area are taking down their B11 biodiesel blend stickers, and NOT replacing them with anything, some also took down the 6-20 percent blend stickers And some of the receipts now say diesel 2, where they said B11 before. Anyone else...
  12. R

Mobil 1 TDT in a PD, more flawless results, new CJ4 formula

2004 golf, 193,000 miles Oil- mobil 1 TDT 5w-40 Miles on oil - 13,464 Miles on pep boys oil filter - ~23,000. Extensive idling, cold starts, etc. Aluminum - 4 Chrome - 1 IRON - 27 copper - 2 lead - 2 FUEL - 0 Insolubles 0.3 percent Viscosity high at 15.20 @ 100 C CJ4 additives calcium 1588...
  13. R

blue jetta, towing coolers, "the circle", chicago

Saw your blue TDI going west on 90/94 yesterday, with 2 coolers strapped to your tow hitch? Out of state, vanity plates.
  14. R

98 corolla bites the dust w/ 480k

My co-worker never made it to 500k.... 98 corolla, STOCK motor STOCK trans. The trans actually bit the dust and he got another car. Motor still actually ran good @ 480,000. Amazing that auto trans lasted that long. Car didnt have an easy life, either. Car was a courier car. Basic maintenance...
  15. R

98 corolla bites the dust w/ 480k

My co-worker never made it to 500k.... 98 corolla, STOCK motor STOCK trans. The trans actually bit the dust and he got another car. Motor still actually ran good @ 480,000. Amazing that auto trans lasted that long. Car didnt have an easy life, either. Car was a courier car. Basic maintenance...
  16. R

*NOT MINE* PD engine and 09A auto trans

Saw this on CL.. thought it might interested someone. Its not mine, just passing on the info. He says only 15k on the engine! http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/pts/945457994.html
  17. R

81 dasher diesel wagon for sale (not mine)

This is not my car, I dont even know the owner. Just posting the link http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/932993555.html
  18. R

Silver 4 dr golf, bike rack, buffalo grove

Saw your nice 4dr silver golf, with roof rack, red "DI" badge, at the intersection of lake cook and arlington heights road. Is your car stock for the most part?
  19. R

Replacing motor mounts

How hard are these to do? I did a search and couldnt seem to find any help DIY threads, etc. I think mine are bad, and Im not sure I can wait to get to the nearest guru to have them done. Also, how many are there and where? I know about the dogbone, but what other mounts is a BEW equipped...
  20. R

WTB: middle dash vent and hazard switch

Its for an 04 golf, need one of the middle dash vents, and the hazard switch (in hopes of fixing the non stop clicks, which sometimes cease when I bang on the switch a bit)