Search results

1. Kartain

Project Kill Da Auto Wabbit!, Or how I learned to love the Manual Swap

I'll find out tomorrow just how good I did. Just bought an01 Beetle TDI manual from one of my customers for buy-back cost from insurance. She give it a permanent smile from the tree she hit center mass. Now I can convert my 02 Jetta as long as nothing is major broken up.
  2. Kartain

Surge Problem - Vag Com shows IQ spikes

Has anyone ever come up with a fix for the surge yet? Mine started doing this today after a head job, intake clean, vacuum hose change, timing belt, fuel filter, and MAF.
  3. Kartain

Sick Jetta , help!

Where ya'll at in Alabama? I'm in the Jasper area if ya'll are close and need some help or a good looking over.
  4. Kartain

And the vehicle that will save GM will be....

It's in the works, the 5 cylinder gasser that's in use now is also in development for a diesel version.
  5. Kartain

Unofficial List Of Banned Fest Games !!!!

Dirty wives...
  6. Kartain

How to make wires & wire.

I've tried the liquid electrial tape and threw it out after the first attempt. JUNK! Not even sure I'd use it for pliers handle dip although the thought did cross my mind as it hit the bottom of the trash can.
  7. Kartain

Looks like a steal here...

I don't always mark these type of deals up as scams or misprints. I missed out on a deal in 1991, 1990 Merc (don't remember the series) for 300 bucks with 7k miles on her. I thought it was a misprint and waited 2 days and finally called about it. Was a bitter divorce going on and the guy was...
  8. Kartain

Daydreaming - if you didn't drive your TDI, what would you own?

1967 Dodge D Series 3/4 ton Crewcab Longbed
  9. Kartain

The Diesels Are Coming. But Will Anyone Want Them?

Don't quote me on the timeframe on this but if I remember correctly that there is a mandate for all lines of cars and trucks to offer an alternative fuel engine by 2012. Most manufactures are working on diesels for the other white meat. At least that's what the Dodge southeastern representative...
  10. Kartain

Engine stalled in 1 foot of water

It's possible but not very likely. If water splashed up on the left front of the car it's very possible for it to injest water.
  11. Kartain

Never ending car game...

#18 1984 BMW 318i's
  12. Kartain

Never ending car game...

In 1958, BMW launched the 502, which had a 2.6 litre V8 engine producing 95 HP and a top speed of 160 km/h. Somebody give me a peanut! I think I got it right for once. :)
  13. Kartain

Never ending car game...

Subaru WRX
  14. Kartain

Test

Testing
  15. Kartain

Never ending car game...

VW bus pick-up
  16. Kartain

Never ending car game...

VW 9.150 ECE Armored Truck
  17. Kartain

Tools I couldn't live without.

Guess I forgot about the tool belt... Gerber Multi-Plier 600 Bluntnose . And the Snap-on ECF950A.
  18. Kartain

VW Chooses Chattanooga for US Plant

Please let it be close enough for me!!!!!! The Mercedes plant is a little over 2 hours so wasn't a good fit. My dad is a commisioner up here and he said that it may be close but wouldn't give me any details.
  19. Kartain

Tools I couldn't live without.

Thought I'd give a run-down on tools that I find are some of the best in terms of usefulness, torque/power, and ability to take the abuse. I know not everybody works with tools every day and the expense of buying tools till you find the best just isn't feasible (I've already done that for you)...
  20. Kartain

TB change

If you don't have the special tools and never having done any TB job before (I assume), I wouldn't attempt it if I were you. I'm in Alabama so no help there.