Search results

1. S

1999.5 Jetta GLS TDI w/blown engine

The engine blew in my 1999.5 Jetta so I'm selling the car to try and raise funds towards buying a replacement vehicle since it's been near impossible to be with only 1 vehicle and 4 kids that need to be in different places at the same time. Anyway, here's what I've got that may be of interest...
  2. S

ECU question

It's been a while since I posted (years in fact) and I need some help from the big brains here at TDIClub. I need to find out if the ECU from my 99.5 Jetta will work in a 2001 Jetta. I think it has to do with the version of immobilizer that the car has. I believe my 99.5 was IMOBII and I think...
  3. S

TDI Fest 2003 - Thanks for the support!

I wanted to thank all the vendors who supported TDI Fest 2003 by donating prizes for the auction and raffle. <ul type="square"> Metalnerd - tap and die set for raffle and tool set for the auction Roseland Technical Services - Bently CD manual VW of Canada - key chains, hats, watch...
  4. S

Sunday Meals at TDI Fest 2003

We've had a bunch of last minute registrations come in (as well as some of the earlier ones) that have not opted into the meals on Sunday. The hotel will be asking for firm numbers next week so, if you have signed up for TDI Fest and were holding out for the meals you must sign up here before...
  5. S

Winner of the free night at TDI Fest hotel

The winner of the free night stay at the Holiday Inn Burlington during TDI Fest 2003 is VHunter! VHunter registered early and qualified for the draw along with all those who had registered by June 14th. We look forward to seeing everyone at TDI Fest 2003! There's still time to register if...
  6. S

TDI Fest 2003 - Saturday Rally

In order to help us plan this event, we would like anyone who will be paticipating in the rally to sign up in this thread. the rally will wind through the Niagara escarpment and end in the Niagara area. This will allow for many different options for the evening such as a dinner out, going to the...
  7. S

TDI Fest 2003: Things to see and do

Here are a few links to some websites for more information on what there is to see and do in the area: Shopping in the Niagara Region Dining in the Niagara Region Niagara Attractions Burlington Attraction The world famous CN Tower Tourism Toronto If there's anything...
  8. S

As was done last year, we would like to offer the opportunity for attendees to take advantage of all the talent that will be assembled at TDI Fest. These technical sessions will take place on Sunday after the morning talks during the Show 'n' Shine. We are also arranging for vendors to set up...
  9. S

TDI Fest 2003 Payments

When organizing a large event like TDI Fest, commitments have to be made such as making deposits to reserve venues, purchase supplies, giving the hotel the numbers for the meals and rooms, and plan events based on the number of people that will be participating. The TDI Fest 2003 Organizing...
  10. S

TDI Fest 2003 - Aug 29, 30, 31 Hotel deadline

TDI Fest is fast approaching. The deadline to take advantage of the group rate is July 29th. Please book your room now to ensure that you'll be right where the action is happening!
  11. S

Biodiesel at TDI Fest 2003

We are currently negotiating with a company to supply biodiesel for purchase at TDI Fest 2003. We need to get an idea of how much we might expect to need so that we can attempt to negotiate a good price and make arrangements for how it will be delivered. Please answer the following poll if you...
  12. S

Register now for TDI Fest 2003! (Aug 30-31)

Don't forget to register for TDI Fest 2003! Remember to take advantage of our group rate for your hotel room! We're still short on our room commitment so please book your room sooner rather than later. This will help us in dealing with the hotel for other things like the meals.
  13. S

Sport Suspension from WE Jetta

What would Sport Suspension from a 2001 Jetta WE (springs and dampeners) get me? Would it lower, lift or just firm up the ride? I'm considering getting some off a guy locally but I don't want to lower the car since ground clearance is low as it is on the TDI. Just in from the seller - "paint...
  14. S

Don't delay in registering for TDI Fest 2003

Don\'t delay in registering for TDI Fest 2003 Time is moving on and we need registrations. Even if you aren't sure about the meals please register for the event. If you are thinking about staying at the hotel please call and make reservations - we need to get our numbers up there. Keep in...
  15. S

TDI Fest 2003 - register now!

TDI Fest 2003 registrations are now open! ================ TDI Fest 2003 organizing committee.
  16. S

TDI Fest 2003 - Aug 29-31, 2003

TDI Fest 2003 registration is now open! Thanks for mentioning the dates brioscooter. I've edited the subject line. ================= TDI Fest 2003 organizing committee. [ February 25, 2003, 08:32: Message edited by: suds ]
  17. S

TDI Fest 2003 - it's here!

TDI Fest 2003 - it\'s here! Well the time has finally arrived! After all those months of waiting we are now ready to accept registrations for TDI Fest 2003! The general information page is here. From that page you can open the registration page that Fred has created. This year promises to...
  18. S

TDI Fest 2003 - Hotel Registration Info

TDI Fest 2003 registrations are now open! This thread is meant to help us track the number of people staying at the hotel so that we can track usage compared to our commitment. Please read the hotel information on this page and after you have made you reservation please post here. We look...
  19. S

middle seatbelt is stuck...

The middle seatbelt in the back is stuck totally retracted. I tried to get it to come loose but with no success. I haven't taken anything apart yet but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before?
  20. S

Jetta dies young at 126,000KM ... UPDATED PICS BIG

I hope everyone involved is okay. What happened? Was it on your way into the city? Is the insurance giving you a fair price - I know that you have high mileage because of your commute. Keep us posted as to your replacement plans.