Search results

1. RUSHtheBUS

05 passat help needed

This is for my brother's 05. He is having issues. Now mind you, he is not mechanically inclined so the information I get is sketchy to say the least. Vehicle starts and warms fine. When it reaches operational temperature will max at 65 mph on highway. Max at 25 mph on hills. Excessive exhaust...
  2. RUSHtheBUS

Jetta TDI off service mechanical

2009 Jetta TDI 122k miles DSG CEL, Flashing glow plug light, display flashes "engine code, service now," engine went to limp mode, violent shaking. Break down just happened to occur in front of Donaldson's VW on Long Island, drove it in. Got a call from service, tells me O2 sensor bad...
  3. RUSHtheBUS

AC relay for 09 sedan?

After getting the TB changed, the AC not working. No indicator light on the switch. Fuse ok. Nothing in the book about a relay. Where do I start looking for it?
  4. RUSHtheBUS

Don't let the TB go over 120k on 2.0

Had the TB changed on my 09 sedan. Two cracks in the belt. The tech at Donaldson's VW stated it was about to go.
  5. RUSHtheBUS

Doing Timing Belt, any advice?

Having a guy with timing belt change experience and vw experience under his belt to the work on 5/21. Any advice? 2009 Jetta, DSG, 115k mi
  6. RUSHtheBUS

Side view mirrow lights

The pass. side view mirror lights on my 09 decided to stop working. Don't know if it's loose wires or just burnt out. Anyway, don't see a way to take the lights off. Anybody have ideas?
  7. RUSHtheBUS

Should I be worried?

I'm going to miss an OCI by about 1,000 miles. Should I be worried? 2009 Sedan TDI 48,000 miles
  8. RUSHtheBUS

VW Show on 9/12 on Long Island

If anyone is interested, on 9/12/09 the Long Island VW Club is having their annual auto show. It's free and if you want to show your car it's only a $10 fee. Though I have not been to one yet, the photos of past events are interesting. Alot of vintage VWs both restored and not. I wish I...
  9. RUSHtheBUS

One Year Later: My 2009 TDI Fuel Econ

2009 Jetta Sedan; DSG; No Sunroof. Picked up from dealer: 8/23/2008 Miles traveled to 8/23/2009: 32,416 Total Gallons Used: 876.5 Total Fuel Cost for the year: $2751.81 Running Hours for the Year: 793:57 Annual MPG: 36.9 Lowest MPG: 32.1 MPG 8/26/08 415 miles on OD Highest MPG...
  10. RUSHtheBUS

When are you arriving?

I'm planning to be there friday morning. Will be in the pool area!
  11. RUSHtheBUS

Dsg Recall!!

Received EMail alert today from VW Volkswagen of America Announces Voluntary Recall‏ From:Volkswagen News (news@vw.mediaroom.com)Sent:Thu 8/20/09 11:26 AMTo: vw@mail.mediaroom.com .ExternalClass p, .ExternalClass ol, .ExternalClass ul, .ExternalClass li{font-family:arial...
  12. RUSHtheBUS

What am I doing wrong?

I'm reading all the common problems people have been experiecing with their 2009 and it makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong. Mine is the 12,900 one built, had it since 8/28/08. Has DSG. 30k driven to date. Recently, the fuel milage has increased from 39 MPG to 44 MPG with no change in...
  13. RUSHtheBUS

Just purchased 2005 Passat TDI

Well, my brother did. 53k, GLS. $17K. Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on this year/model. Hopefully I can get him as a member here. Print this Page <A href="javascript:window.print();"> Close 2005 Volkswagen Passat <H2>$17,888 </H2>AT Car ID: AT-F60D488 Dealer Information...
  14. RUSHtheBUS

Plx 200 Obdii

Just ordered one for the 2009 TDI. Just wondering if anyone has one or if anyone has an opinion.
  15. RUSHtheBUS

Tax Tip

My tax guy didn't know what form or line to use on my tax return. Called IRS and after 45 minutes of on hold and transfer fun, I found out that it's IRS Form 8910 to claim your $1,300.00 tax credit.
  16. RUSHtheBUS

Long Island Expressway 12/24/08

Westbound, exit 60, gray, sedan. Now here's the twist. Saw this guy coming up on my, as he passed me, looked at the trunk lid and saw the TDI badge. Went to catch up to him and wave but he was weaving in and out of traffic. So let him go. At one point, as you always do on the LIE, he was...
  17. RUSHtheBUS

Dublin, here we come in March 09

In March 2006 me and a couple of co-workers from the Fire Department of New York City came to Dublin and marched in the St. Patrick's Day Parade with the Dublin Fire Brigade. It was a blast, had so much fun. So much so that we're returning again. We're going to be at the Jury's Inn on Parnell...
  18. RUSHtheBUS

A rant about New York

Sorry about posting this here. I wont get upset it this thread is deleted, moved, or locked. I just have to unload a bit about this wonderful state in the union. In the past week, this state's unelected governor has unleashed his budget on us. Here are some of the well thought of details. A...
  19. RUSHtheBUS

TDI Skiboat??

Yes, a TDI Skiboat! Didn't know weather to put this in the "New/Tech" thread or the "Other" thead. Put it here since it's a TDI News thread and this boat is TDI powered. http://www.planetwaterski.com/report/dmc.htm "The engine is a marine version of the one you will find in the Audi A6...
  20. RUSHtheBUS

11/12/2008 Southern State Parkway

Who did I see on the eastbound Southern State Parkway (LI) today driving a A4 Blue Jetta TDI? It had a TDIClub frame. Just would like to know......