Search results

1. C

FEELER!! 2003 Jetta Sedan

Thanks for the help guys, she sold for $3,500
  2. C

FEELER!! 2003 Jetta Sedan

Guys the time has come to part ways with my Jetta. I am looking for an honest opinion on what to ask for it, I have a couple local guys interested but the KBB value seems way low. I looked through the older adds but seems like it is a secret as to what these cars are selling for, I know many...
  3. C

Cloth Door Panels drooping

Thanks hskrdu! I will be attempting this and update as work progresses.
  4. C

Cloth Door Panels drooping

Hey guys my cloth door panels on my 2003 Jetta are starting to pull away from the backing and look bad. Tried to search for a good replacement option and found nothing. Could you point me in the right direction? Spoke with an upholstery guy and he said he has had no luck getting the fabric to...
  5. C

Key will not kill engine!

Found the problem! Turns out it was a bad fan control module causing the problem.
  6. C

Sorry guys I have been at work offshore, the parts arrived the day after I left. Tried the new really 109 and no change. Installed the new ignition switch and no change. Open to any suggestions, this thing has go to get fixed.
  7. C

Well I have checked the relay and all seems to be in working order with it. Still have dash lights on as soon as the battery is connected with key in switch or not. I am ordering a new switch and a relay just in case. I will report back finding. Thanks again for all the help.
  8. C

No, everything on the dash stays on. Thanks, I will check it out and report findings.
  9. C

Should also mention no codes have been thrown.
  10. C

Hey folks I could use a little help. I have searched and found no results so if I overlooked it please point me to the thread. I have an 03 Jetta TDI, 5 speed. Car has been running fine then I go to shut car off and it jumps like it is running and in gear. Would not crank after this episode or...
  11. C

Door Locks need help

Sorry for the late response but through some troubleshooting I found the door lock module to be bad, replaced it and all is working well thanks for the help.
  12. C

Fan Control Module?

Ok guys, I replaced the one fan and it did not resolve the problem. I will do a little more troubleshooting and searching to find the threads to help with the process. Thanks for the tips, keep them coming.
  13. C

Fan Control Module?

Ok guys jumped out the coolant thermostat switch and only the small (passenger side) fan ran. Going to order a replacement fan and hope that fixes my problems. Still open to all troubleshooting options though.
  14. C

Fan Control Module?

Can anyone offer how to test the module to see if it is bad? My a/c quit and I believe this is the culprit as there has been no issue and just quit all of a sudden. I disconnected the fan plug and checked for voltage and got nothing and checked voltage at the compressor and it showed 1.9 volts...
  15. C

Door Locks need help

Ok guys I have fixed part of the problem. The rear passenger window regulator had come free from the glass and was not working properly. I spoke with a friend who previously owned a mechanic shop and worked with all types of cars and he told me that the window motor/regulator cold cause the...
  16. C

Door Locks need help

Sorry for the long delay but I had misplaced my VCDS. After updating I connected to car and tried to connect to the Cent Locks and each door, upon trying each is gave an error code for no response from controller. Any ideas? It is the one from Ross-tech if that helps. Thanks
  17. C

Door Locks need help

I have the VCDS but have no experience using it. Also the passenger front and driver rear door work with the remote and the lock/unlock buttons. Do you think the comfort data bus would only fail with the two? I will pull the fuse and check and if that doesn't work I will disconnect battery and...
  18. C

Door Locks need help

Having a problem with the door locks on my '03 Jetta. The driver door and rear passenger door will not work with the remote or with the lock/unlock buttons. Rear door will Any ideas of what could be causing this? I have checked the wiring at the doors and found nothing wrong. Thanks in advance...
  19. C

Suspension?

On the sway bar bushing how can you tell which size you need? My car, 2003 Jetta sedan, should take 23mm correct?