Search results

1. B

B5.5 Passat TDI Cluster - 0km

Bought in 2013 from Jetta, 97 who programmed it. I sold my Passat and never ended up using it. It was reprogrammed to 0km. It can be used in the U.S. Just need to swap out the face plate and the VCDS can run in miles. Paid $175 back in the day. Asking $100USD. Shipping would either be from MN...
  2. B

2005 VW Passat B5.5V MANUAL trans - MB

PRICE DROP TO $6000 USD or $7000CDN!! She needs a new home. Hi. I'm testing the waters for selling my Passat wagon. 2005 Passat TDI Wagon. GLS Pkg, heated seats, sunroof, no wood trim, no Monsoon. Current km's: 343K (212K miles) Updated Jun 1/16 Price: $7000CDN or $6000USD NO EXPENSE was...
  3. B

Group 067 VCDS - EGT readout???

I know this might be one for the diagnosing forum but it's B5.5 specific... The issue I have is supposedly our B5.5s have a factory EGT probe that can be read in group 067 in VCDS. I have confirmed this to work when I had my automatic Passat. However, on my manual car it's grayed out as if...
  4. B

My Passat cost to own from day 1...

Hey guys! I just thought some of the guys might want to know what the cost to own for one of these cars has been like. I bought mine in 2011 from the first owner with full service records in a binder from day 1. I took the time the other day to actually log it all in an excel sheet. Needless to...
  5. B

WTB: VW 15" Wellingtons

Hi all. I do a lot of driving and I'm looking at "downsizing" my rims from the 16" Road Americas to the 15" Wellingtons. Does anyone have a set they'd like to sell/trade? lmk! Thanks!
  6. B

Plastic panic button

Hey all. I had a 2012 Jetta 2.5L courtesy car while they were refinishing the roof on my B5.5 wagon and I noticed the keyless entry looked the same as mine BUT it had a hard plastic panic button and a nicer VW logo. Does anyone know if this can be retrofitted on the older keychains? Have any of...
  7. B

B5.5 Passat TDI Auto parts, OEM Axles, ECM, shifter, etc.

Hello all. I have some stuff left over from when I converted my Passat from auto to manual: OEM Axles (one boot is torn): SOLD TCM 3B0 927 156 CF: SOLD Gear selector and associated equipment: $100 Brake pedal assembly: $50 Subframe: $25 Sprocket: FREE I can ship from the U.S. and save on...
  8. B

FS: 03 Golf TDI Manual Trans code EGR

Up for sale is a transmission out of a 2003 VW Golf TDI. Car was an MPI writeoff. Trans has approx. 185K kms on it. Trans code is EGR. If you have any questions or would like more pics let me know. I also have the motor from the car. Asking $650obo for the trans. Thanks. Link to kijiji ad...
  9. B

Truck Trend article on DME Volvo semis

Hey guys. I came across this article in Truck Trend. Maybe it sounds too good to be true but if Volvo is already producing tractor units capable of running it??? http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/2013/163_news130610_volvo_dme_fueled_diesel_trucks/ So far Oberon is one of the few...
  10. B

B5.5 TDI Wagon 5-speed swap - CoolairVW review

Hey guys! I've had my manual Passat for about two and a half months and I really wanted to do a shout out to Richard at CoolAirVW for the great work he did. Here's the story. I contacted Richard in the spring inquiring about doing a manual swap on a Passat. I know he's done TONS of Golfs...
  11. B

2005 Passat TDI Wagon 92K miles mint condition!

Hey guys! So here's the story... I purchased a 5 speed manual setup from Frans for my blue 2005 Passat TDI wagon. (Incredible I might add!) I listed my auto trans with 30K miles on it for sale (Was a new OEM trans from VW for $3800, I have the original reciept...) and the guy who wanted it...
  12. B

B5.5 Manual transmission rocking?

Hey All! So I just got my B5.5 wagon back from Kansas City TDI. I had a trans from Frans shipped over and installed. The question I have for those that have a manual: do you notice quite a bit of "rocking" when you accelerate then move your foot off then press the accelerator again? It feels...
  13. B

05 Passat Wagon on eBay with 15K original miles

Hey guys! THIS IS NOT MY CAR HOWEVER I thought someone might be interested in this eBay ad. The guy claims 15K miles but had a minor fender bender at one point. I just bought mine but I would have certainly checked this one out given the mileage/condition...
  14. B

WTB: B5.5 front license plate holder

Hey guys. I'm looking for a front licenseplate holder for my B5.5. Does anyone have an extra one kicking around they want to part with? Let me know what you have. Thanks!
  15. B

Manitoba Members!

Hey all. I've been a Vdubber for almost a decade now (First was a 99.5 Jetta 2.0) but just purchased my first TDI, an 05 Passat GLS Variant with 200K on it. I wanted to know who else is around Manitoba so I know who to ask questions! lol Also any recommendations for honest/reputable repair...
  16. B

My first TDI!!! B5.5 for $6k

Hey guys. I've been a member for awhile but FINALLY have got my first TDI. I picked up a beautiful 2005 Passat GLS TDI. Dark blue with black leather interior. 117K miles and full service history for $6k. Already had the auto trans replaced at 90K miles. I got the price down because it needs...
  17. B

WTB: Stock .756 TDI gear

Hello. I'm looking into doing a 5th gear swap on my 1999.5 Jetta 2.0. It has a CZM 02J transmission. There appears to be quite a few people that are upgrading to lower gear ratios so I'm hoping someone would like to get sell their stocker. Not sure what the price ball park is for one of these so...