Search results

1. R

Why You Must Supervise/avoid The Dealer!

I'd put money on it being Citiwest out in Nepean, I took my MkIV there when I was in college and have had nothing but excellent service.
  2. R

Why You Must Supervise/avoid The Dealer!

$10 says it not Bytek lol
  3. R

09 jetta "creative" lease option

I just got an '09 Jetta TDI to replace my aging MkIV. I chose to go with a lease rather than financing (with the intention to buy it out at the end). The difference in payments is ~$200 which I have been putting into a Tax-free savings account! I've worked it out so that over the 4yr term of the...
  4. R

Parting out 2000 Jetta TDI GLS

Do you still have the front center console and the plastic engine cover??
  5. R

04 Jetta TDI: how to tell GL and GLS

You could ask to look at the spare tire well, the printed tag in there has the model, trim, and option codes. Plus you can check to see if its rusting out down there!
  6. R

Drove a TDI, feels really slow...

whatever you do, don't let the dealer tell you the turbo is cooked. That happened to me once upon a time and the $3800 hole in my wallet still stings to this very day!
  7. R

$325 VNT Actuator - scam?

but even worse, your premiums go up!
  8. R

I hate mieces to pieces

mmmmmmmmm McDonalds!
  9. R

Need Assist diagnose Slow Start and slow wipers (Not Battery)

Is it possible the two problems are not related? ie: starter motor failing and the windshield actuators seizing?
  10. R

OT: How old is everyone?

I'm 23 and have had my TDI for 4 years!
  11. R

More salad dressing for your door, sir?

I use Armor All and it works just dandy for me!
  12. R

What's a fair sale price for my Jetta?

Depends on the buyer, if its some joe off the street who doesn't know/care about the mods then @210,000 miles, probably between $4000 and $5500 depending on whether it has leather, sunroof, etc. If you manage to find someone who is willing to pay $15k, tell them that I also have a completely...
  13. R

Unofficial List Of Banned Fest Games !!!!

I think the uphill trailer pull should be brought back: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=lYn_IXUGFbc&feature=related
  14. R

New Turbo Time?

Now I'm no expert, but yeah...your vanes look pretty mangled.
  15. R

Hazzard / 4-way button going ticka-ticka-ticka-ticka

aww, that sound annoys people? I wrote that off 50k ago as being just another patented VW sound :D Now that you mention it though, I guess I'll go and take a look at it!
  16. R

What did you pay for your TDI???

Working at a Toyota dealership at the time helped! Some guy traded it in for a Matrix (the fool) and I asked what they wanted for it, and here we are, 230000km later, original everything but the turbo (stealership fooled me when i was a tdi noob), a/c compressor and starter. I'll have to try...
  17. R

My next vw diesel!!!!

And the funny part is that it gets up to 60mpg!! :D lol
  18. R

How to Change the Fuel Filter?

This was over in the TDI101 section: http://www.cincitdi.com/richc/fuelfilter.html Enjoy!
  19. R

Used Manual Trans Quality?

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but if I were you, I'd look for one with fewer miles on it.
  20. R

What did you pay for your TDI???

1999.5 Jetta TDI GLS 5 spd 210,000Km May 2004 - $6000.00