Search results

1. U

Mechanic in Albuquerque?

I am about to move to NM and may be working in ABQ. Does anyone have a good mechanic there? I just drove there and back (to NH) to register my car and it did great. 2002 VW Golf w/178K. Averaged around 47mpg and that's with a roof rack and old tires! I'm getting my timing belt done on Monday...
  2. U

Another brake light/flashing glow plug story

So the other day I get pulled over by the police and am presented a warning that one of my brake lights were out. No other problems... I go to the auto store to buy a replacement and before I go in, I look in the tail light area for the bulb that is out and take it out of the car to bring in...
  3. U

WTB: TDI near or in NH

Yeah....I moved to NM a year ago and sold my two TDI's (one to a member) and am now looking for one now that I am back in NH. I know they are now hard to find, but I am hoping to find a 4 DR Golf, maybe 2000-2003. Mileage not too high, but I am willing to pay more for a low mileage vehicle, by...
  4. U

FS in NH:2001 VW Golf TDI GL

***CAR IS SOLD*** 2001 VW Golf TDI GL, blk/blk, 2DR. 121, 000 miles. Car bought from original owner, who is/was a member of the TDI Club, at 78,000 miles and all highway since. 99% of the drives were an hour or more. Averages 50 MPG, less in the Winter (mid 40’s) and sometimes gets better...
  5. U

Clicking in dash with light dimming

I have only noticed it on really cold mornings and only for about the first 5 minutes of driving..I will hear a very faint "click" somewhere in or below the dash and the lights will dim for a fraction of a second. It will happen several times, then stop. I was thinking it might have something to...
  6. U

Fuel Temp Sensor problem

Ok, I've done the search thing and read a bunch of posts and I now am more confused... I got a MIL and checked it today with Vag-Com, the result was 16566 Fuel Temp Sensor A (G81) Short to ground. P0182-35-10 intermittent. I have been using B20 now for about a year, stopped using it last...
  7. U

Yet another MAF question...

I have read here before that to test your MAF, you would need to unplug it to see if power returns. If I am correct, I beleive that if you leave it unplugged a CEL will come on. Well, what if your check engine light is on already? I have done the Cage mod and also spray cleaned my MAF and the...
  8. U

Wipers, Heater fan and directional not working

My wife's car is a 2003 Jetta wagon and lately we have been having a problem. Occasionally the wipers, fan and directionals won't work at all...but after driving for awhile, they will all of a sudden begin working. This only happens when it's cold and has been happening more and more lately...
  9. U

B20 freezer home experiment

Lately I've been wanting to do this just to see what happens, so last night when I tanked up with some B20,(5th tankful on my latest TDI purchase)I brought along a clean jar and filled it up. I then let it sit on top of the fridge for several hours to see if there was any settling (none) and...
  10. U

Cold morning electrical problems

Ok...yesterday I was in upstate Vermont where it was 31 degrees outside. I went out and started the car (2003 TDI Jetta Wagon, 32K)to let the turbo warm up, etc for about 10 minutes before we got on the road. The car started fine, but when I went out to leave, the wipers, heater fan...
  11. U

Sub frame removal?

Could anyone relate to the difficulty in removing the sub frame and attached components? I seem to have a leak in the power steering system. I looked this past weekend and both boots are dry and the leak appears to be coming from directly behind (above)the sub frame and I just can't see it...
  12. U

VW Hydraulic oil???

I was checking in my Haynes manual for different required fluids and the one specified for the Power Steering is VW Hydraulic oil... Is there something else I can use for this or is it a specified fluid that I need to purchase at the stealership? I'm used to a lifetime of using auto tranny...
  13. U

6 CD Changer installation

I just bought a Golf that has the standard radio/cassette in the dash. I looked in the hatch area where the 6CD changer usually goes and the bracket and plug are both there waiting for the changer. My question is...is this a plug and play? If i buy one on say Ebay, will I be able to just connect...
  14. U

So what do you do in the winter?

Ok...I filled my tank up with B20 last night (in the 01 Golf) for the first time ever. I have been reading lots the past several months before I decided to start using some BD. It gets down below zero here in SWNH a lot. I usually use Powerservice white at 4 ozs per tankful during the winter...
  15. U

Biodiesel (B20) in SWNH

I was out doing some errands today and had to stop at Depot Square in Peterborough, NH...I was walking along and noticed at the Rymes pumps a pump that had B20 Biodiesel on it. $1.98! So, for all of you in the area who didn't know this was here (I didn't), now you do. I have been thinking of...
  16. U

Another dead Jetta!

Ok...Driving home last night from picking up my wife at work and about 3 miles from home, the car hesitates a bit, then dies. It was around 12 degrees out, I had a full tank from a well used diesel station with about 4 oz's of Powerservice white dumped in the tank after I filled it a couple of...
  17. U

03 Jetta wheel size

Ok, I did a search and found nothing here...so, my question is. What is the size of the newer Jetta wheels? I would like to get a couple of spares for my snow tires and was wondering what years are compatible (for junk yard searches) and exactly what size are the wheels? Thanks,
  18. U

So who uses what oil in SWNH and where to get it!

The subject says it all....I am at 3800 miles on my 6 week old Jetta wagon, my Pella is about due in the mail so I am planning my oil change, the first one. I know about Rotella at Wal-Mart in Rindge and Keene (I live in Jaffrey) and I think AutoZone has the Chevron Delo...if I can get D1 at a...
  19. U

Jetta Wagon louder than Golf?????

Can it be???? I had a 2000 Golf TDI for the past three years (115K), sold it and bought a 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon and last night my wife asked me if I thought that the Jetta was louder than the Golf. At first I said no, but now that she brought it to my attention, it does sound louder. Not sure if...
  20. U

Clunking ? in front end of '00 Golf...

Clunking ? in front end of \'00 Golf... I am in the process of selling my 2000 Golf and after a potential buyer took a test drive, He mentioned that he heard a clunking noise in the front end, maybe one side, possibly both. I never noticed it (maybe I just got used to the sound) but I now do...