Search results

1. nogassershere

Challenging issues w/MKV Jetta (electrical)

So in the interest of full disclosure, I'm going to start from the beginning. My wife's MKV Jetta was having AC issues last summer, I replaced the RCV and it got better. It also needed new cooling fans but we let it ride until this summer. The small fan was working (somewhat) for most of the...
  2. nogassershere

Another DSG Bites the dust!

Saving myself some typing, text from my NHTSA complaint; Our Jetta experienced a "false neutral" problem back in December, 2013. (95,000 miles) I did some research and found that it could be due to a low voltage condition. I checked the electrical system and found the alternator to be...
  3. nogassershere

02J to 02M Swap, no cruise in 6th gear

As the title says, I just completed my 02M conversion. I gotta say I love it! The only problem is that the cruise control will not work in 6th. Is this something I can fix with VCDS? Does it need to be told that it actually has a 6th gear? Thanks.
  4. nogassershere

FS: FEELER, 02J swap parts

I am thinking about an 02M swap, looks like I will have nearly everything needed to do an AT to 02J swap. I am not sure what shape the trans is in, it looks like one of the diff bearings came loose, the whole differential is moving around in the housing. This took out the flange seals and I lost...
  5. nogassershere

VCDS in Mobile, AL. area?

I am going to put a timing belt in my MKIV and I am looking for someone with VCDS to help complete the job.
  6. nogassershere

WTB: Tan sunroof motor cover for MKIV Jetta

Just as the title states, I am looking for a tan sunroof motor cover to fit my wife's MKIV Jetta. I am looking for one with the clips intact. PM me with price shipped to 36587. Pic would be nice also. Thanks
  7. nogassershere

HELP! '05 PD crank/no start

The '05 quit on the way to church this morning. It sputtered then picked back up again two times, only to quit at the next stop sign.Towed it back home and it actually started once then quit again like it was out of fuel. Went through the usual checks, starting with fuel. Full tank, filter was...
  8. nogassershere

MKII Center console with gagues

I have more pictures and I am happy to send them Via e-mail. I bought this to go in my '85 rabbit and never did put it in. Now that car has been sold and I am cleaning up the shop. I think it came out of a Cabriolet and all of the tabs and electrical connectors are intact. There are four small...
  9. nogassershere

BEW TB toutorial?

Where is the TB change/info link located ? :confused: I can't get the A4 link in the "Articles" section to work
  10. nogassershere

TB Bolt question?

In the pre-TB replacement interview, my closest ''trusted mechanic" tells me that he does not usually replace the TTY bolts and that he has never had a problem with them. If I request that this be done anyway, how will I actually know unless I babysit the entire process and risk making him mad...
  11. nogassershere

Trusted Mech question?? help!

VW Specialty in Fort Walton Beach, FL is listed in the trusted Mechanics list, but the proprieter states that he did not put it there, and there is no contact info on the list. I found a phone number (google) and called him. He seems knowlegable enough. Does anybody have any feedback on this...
  12. nogassershere

'05 Golf badge placement

I am re-badging a previousely de-badged '05 Golf. Can anybody get me some measurements from the glass down to the top left corner of the T and from the centerline of VW emblem to the same top left corner of the T? Also, would a BORA emblem be period correct for the '05? If so, I have yet to...
  13. nogassershere

FS: MKII Golf

1985 Golf for sale 178,000 miles 5 speed manual Factory A/C (currently not working) 2 Door Recent work done, New starter New tires New wheel bearings front and rear New front A-arm bushings New struts, front and rear New front brakes and calipers New wheel cylinders and shoes on rear New...
  14. nogassershere

TDI Traitor?

While looking to add another TDI to my all diesel fleet, I stopped to check out an awesome looking Golf parked by the road for sale. It turned out to be a 20th ae 1.8t 6spd manual. My wife loved the blueberry color and persuaded me to drive it, WOW! what a puller, I had no idea. It is slightly...
  15. nogassershere

Checking in fr south central AL, destin area

Just checking in, thinking hard about D.C. anybody else planning on making the trip? :confused:
  16. nogassershere

buy, swap, & sell?

I have never been to an event, I am planning to attend TDIF09, and also looking to add to my fleet, what are the chances of picking up a new ride at the fest? WTB: 99-03 golf 4dr 5spd I will probably buy before then, but if I knew there was a decent chance to pick up a decent ride there, I would...
  17. nogassershere

Lost 5th gear, Better MPG? WHAT!

Believe it or not, it's true! My wife drives our 2000 Jetta TDI as a daily driver, with a 40 mile commute each way. Her driving style coupled with the conditions and traffic usually net her around 38-40 mpg, In almost two years that we have had it, she has never done any better. Recently, due...
  18. nogassershere

Summer road trip WITH wife and kids

I have made my first long road trip in the TDI Jetta this summer. TOTALLY IMPRESSED! I have two young children, (three and four at the time) still in car seats. We ran out of room while packing (for two different climates) so I had to improvise. I took the rear seat cushions out and folded the...