Search results

1. J

05 Bew/automatic transmission

when did you last change your tranny fluid? Have have you checked the fill level?
  2. J

2002 VW TDI 1.9 engine cover letter

It’s most likely one of two RAL colors, 9003 Signal white or 9010 Pure White.
  3. J

Door Card Re-Upholster

So far I’ve only done a Beetle, but wanted to mention a product I found to assist with the removal of decrepit foam and adhesive. I used 3M Adhesive Remover, citrus base, 6041. It’s $30 on Amazon for a large can, less hazardous than the xylene, but still quite effective. Of course you still...
  4. J

Richard, Do you have a thread on the 09A solenoid changing procedure? I thought you did, but...

Richard, Do you have a thread on the 09A solenoid changing procedure? I thought you did, but can't find it in this new version of the forums!! (Plus all my old messages are gone?) Jack in MD
  5. J

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Hey folks I would like to add to the list a small shop in Maryland: Country Dubs 11250 Pulaski HWY Suite 4 White Marsh, MD 21162 410.999.1740 Countrydubs.com On Facebook and messenger Zach and Nate are both VW trained mechanics that have gone out on their own in a small shop north of...
  6. J

TDI fest 2019-2020

How about a repeat, with a twist? How about one in VWs (hq) backyard? It wasn’t here in 2009, but we were. VOA, with their relocation to Herndon, have a building (no doubt with conference rooms), and a multistory parking garage that could provide show space or parking space. We could show...
  7. Creaking sound

Creaking sound

found a problem with my wife's 06 Beetle
  8. J

Midwest Light Creations- HID Headlights and Retrofit Kits (Headlights by Jeff)

Some additional MKV questions Hey Jeff, Thanks for the answers from your website form, but I'm afraid I am coming back with more questions for the OEM HID look versions on the Jetta V. First, what have folks been doing about DRLs when updating to HID units? Have they been just turning them...
  9. J

Cluster issue

Summer Gremlins What about when this happens in the summer at 90+F and Balt/DC swamp weather? The display just did this on my daughter's MKIV and after checking all of the fuses and performing a "hard reset", still there. I am suspecting water on a connection somewhere! But where?:confused:
  10. J

Latest ghetto mod......

Thanks for the inspiration! Found your thread while looking for a front license plate solution for my newly acquired un-drilled Jetta MKIV. While not wanting to drill the bumper was the motivation, I still have to get through Maryland inspection. Not wanting to pay $60 to $80 for the easily...
  11. J

Remote unlock only unlocks drivers door

Is this in the FAQ somewhere? Found this solution after several searches (spent trying to figure out the right word combination), in the MKV thread, but the problem was in my MKIV. Worked beautifully, so I'm glad I'm not model specific!:) Shouldn't this be in a battery reset/programming...
  12. J

Cam Wear and Mileage

My 05.5 only went 140000 before cam wear almost toasted the engine. 10k oil changes (like clockwork) with total! First noted at 60000 by TdiRacing.
  13. J

BRM Engine Noise ??

similar problem? Tony, I am wonder about other symptoms of DMF failure, because just today I noticed that my 05.5 5sp is making an unusual noise (haven't had the chance to check it yet). What I have noticed is significant power loss @ about 2500 rpm. I know I need to do the clutch as I am at...
  14. J

Mazda SkyActiv Diesel Engine

Look out VW, here comes Mazda! Good fuel mileage! Low compression? Is this real? http://www.detnews.com/article/20100409/AUTO01/4090337/1148/Mazda-s-diesel-to-take-on-hybrids
  15. J

MotorWeek Face-Off - Prius, Insight, Fusion, Jetta TDI, Audi A3 TDI, and Smart ForTwo

And another thing They showed the mileage being measured by a plug in tester supplied by cars.com. I wonder what they are using for the algorithm and how it compares to the (obviously 4 mpg higher) MFD readings? Nothing like the old fashioned way sometimes, you know pen, paper, calculator. . ...
  16. J

MotorWeek Face-Off - Prius, Insight, Fusion, Jetta TDI, Audi A3 TDI, and Smart ForTwo

What roads were they driving? I am just curious how they got such a low MPG on that run? Did they only go uphill to Deep Creek, or did they count the run back downhill? Or was it break in mileage?:rolleyes:
  17. J

Imagine if they had the TDI ready!

From USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2008-04-01-auto-sales-weak_N.htm Automakers suffer through clunker of a quarter ". . . Among major automakers, only Volkswagen and Hyundai showed increases, Autodata reported. . ." Maybe this will encourage them to get the TDI here more...
  18. JettaJack

JettaJack