Search results

1. D

Another k1 short to ground...please guide me

Than you for this info. When I get more time I will do some testing. The cluster is easy enough to get out so we. Time permits I will follow your suggestions. Thanks again.
  2. D

Checked the fuses. Pulled them out 1 by 1. All looked good. I also removed the cluster. Still getting the short message. Can you provide more detail as to how to test the K1 curcuit with a test light?
  3. D

Yes, car runs and drives and everything works as it should. I have zero idea if it is an active short or just disconected. I have to assume it is shorted because if it was disconected from a module wouldn't that particular module just not show up on VCDS?
  4. D

I also unplugged the air bag module and the seats. I will try the cluster today. I want to say thanks for replying. When it comes to car wiring my mind seems to shut down. I am not sure why as I can work on anything g else with great success. Wiring just seems to overwhelm me. Thanks again for...
  5. D

Original radio. Car is bone stock in every way. I pulled that radio with no change in K1 short. I also unplugged the heater controls since I was already there. The coolant leak is minimal and does not appear to have migrated to any electrical compoents. The coolant has collected on the floor...
  6. D

I should also add that recently my heater core decided to start leaking. Nothing too serious. I just keep the temp on cold and I am good to go as far as smelling coolant goes. However today I noticed that I am getting coolant on the passenger side floor. Could this have contributed to the K1...
  7. D

I am getting the K1 short to ground with my VCDS. I have scoured the net for the best way to address this and the conclusion I have come to is that it may be easiest to unplug modules until I find the culprit. Assuming it is a module. Problem is I have no idea where the different modules are...
  8. D

2microntech - Helping to Keep Your Common Rail VW Alive!!

talked with a service rep at my local Medford, oregon VW dealer and asked if replacing the factory TDI HPFP with an alternate choice would affect VOA's willingness to make the mandated emissions upgrade? He said that he asked VOA's rep that is working with this dealer and was told that vehicles...
  9. D

Could you pm me the price for both, how much of a deposit you want to hold them and the absolute day you will remove them. Thanks for the replies.
  10. D

Please forgive my ignorance. When you say both kits what are you referring to?
  11. D

Are these kits still available? Seems like a great solution to a very real and expensive problem.
  12. D

Midwest Light Creations- HID Headlights and Retrofit Kits (Headlights by Jeff)

Jeff, just got my new Innovited 55 watt ballast. I did a quick google for reviews on these ballast and most of the hits were positive. One thing that I noted was that some users were getting flickering when using these ballast. Some used capacitors while others used relays to overcome this. It...
  13. D

Airbag Malfunction Recall - 2010+ VW

Has this recall ever come to fruition?
  14. D

German Lawmakers Ban Internal Combustion Engines by 2030

Dont mean to politicize your post but I for one would not cite Germany's willingness to accept refugees as one of the best moves for Germany. Seems as of late Europe has seen mucho problems at the hands of these refugees. I have a very good friend that used to travel all over Europe. She, as...
  15. D

German Lawmakers Ban Internal Combustion Engines by 2030

Anyone? Or did you mean to say many? I as well as millions of others drive for hours on end. 4-5 is routine. Sometimes longer.
  16. D

2 stroke oil in your diesel = smiles?

Simple answer. Sensative Emissions systems and liabilities.
  17. D

Changing cv boots..easier way?

The boot I changed is on my 2005 mk5 Jetta with automatic. Passenger side came off without removing the hub/ball joint assembly. The drivers side I had to remove the lower ball joint to gain enough room to get the axle out. As for separating the axle while on the car...if you figure that one...
  18. D

Please help me..oil question.

Turbo. All in all I only got about 3 liters out on the first flush so changing out the valvoline only aided in diluting the old fluid. Changing the solenoids fixed the original problem but now the tranny flares on upshifts under hard ececleration. I reset the the TCM so hopefully a tranny...
  19. D

Turbo after mucho research google has indeed confirmed that the Titan 4400 is the correct spec. There is not much onfo on the bottle. What info there is I just happened to read it wrong. Thanks for the input.
  20. D

The Titan fluid o my shows the VW 052 spec. Everything I found on the net is saying VW 055 spec. I picked up 6 quarts of Valvoline Import multi vehicle. I was told by a guy that the shop he worked at used it many times in VW cars with no reports of any issues. The car is on ramps now. I will...