Search results

1. LiLredTDI

MK4 Platinum Gray Touch-up paint.

No MK4’s left in my stable. Bought this and never got to use it before I sold the car. Less than a year old, never opened and stored inside. Color match paint and clear coat. Think I paid $40 for it. $15 + shipping lower 48 Maryland 20764 PayPal only
  2. LiLredTDI

MK4 misc interior parts - GLIstainless trim/ door pulls, OEM door handles/w switches&speakers, air bag

I have no MK4’s left so I’m selling this stuff off. Stainless GLI radio trim including cup holder, door handles. What you see is what I have. No broken clips which is rare! $150 + shipping OEM air bag - $50 + shipping Stock MK4 door latches with switches and speakers - $30 +shipping. No...
  3. LiLredTDI

MK4 BEW - Intercooler, Computer, Engine Cover - Maryland 20764

Stock OEM Intercooler - $75 + shipping. OEM computer - $50 + shipping - I had multiple MK4’s with the BEW engine and bought this for a backup. Sold last MK4. This is for a stick shift transmission. BEW engine cover - $40 + shipping. Location Maryland 20764 near Annapolis. Pick up or ship to...
  4. LiLredTDI

5x100 17” VW Beetle Turbo Rims & center caps

Maryland 20764 16” 5x100 Beetle Turbo S rims with brand new OEM center caps. Sold my last MK4 and never got around to these. They have already been sandblasted and put a coat of epoxy primer on them. These are a very hard to find and RARE rim! Why be like everyone else? These have a nice...
  5. LiLredTDI

2012 Passat SE auto deleted/tuned $6200 OBO PENDING SALE

Location: Maryland 20764 between DC and Baltimore. 245K Car is in great shape. Everything works and no check engine lights except for a cornering light. Just popped up need to investigate. Body and paint in normal condition for age and miles. Minor dings, scratches, could use a really good...
  6. LiLredTDI

2015 Temp gauge pegged

2015 Passat SEL TDI with auto. Car has 51K on it. Yesterday after about 5 miles of driving I noticed the AC did not seem to be blowing cold, at nearly the same second a chime went off and the temp gauge was nearly pegged. Pulled over, shut it off and I could hear the electric fans so I...
  7. LiLredTDI

2015 Passat>Fender Audio issues

EDIT: Was chatting with a friend about this and he told me his Nissan Truck does the same thing. Suggested I try without pairing my phone to the car. Well VOILA! It does not happen while phone is not paired. Any idea why or how to fix that? To me, the system is kind of worthless if you...
  8. LiLredTDI

Rear caliper questions

Victim- 05 Golf Brakes were hanging up. Removed rotor, replaced pads and rotors, lubed and reassembled. Properly screwed in piston first. Made sure to skin back boot and lube piston. Hand brake would not set. Removed console and checked cables which moved freely. Tried adjusting but could not...
  9. LiLredTDI

WTB- 04-05 Jetta,golf with bad engine, good body-east coast

I have a good BEW engine and wrecked body. Need body to put it in. Only interested in VW's that were equipped with the BEW engine. Don't feel like swapping wiring harnesses from other years. Thanks...............Frank
  10. LiLredTDI

Leaky tandem pump 04 Jetta PD

Not much info to be found on a leaking tandem pump. Most look like they have ponied up $250 or a new one. Don't want to go that route if I don't have to. Going to try and attach some pics. Last week I left car sit for 5 days. Went to start and she had lost prime. First time ever. Thought it...
  11. LiLredTDI

anti shutter o ring part #

Hi all. Long time since i have stopped in here and hope all are well. Looking for a part # for the O-ring that is visible when you remove the anti shutter valve. Been experiencing a precieved boost leak and oil seepage where it mates up. Removed and found the O ring partially missing and...
  12. LiLredTDI

1.6L NA intermediate shaft FUBAR help

Like the title says. Intermediate shaft bolt backed out and took out TB. Cannot find any good illustrations of intermediate shaft. Keyway is buggerd and pully shot. Goal is to remove and inspect head and repair what is needed. R/R intermediate shaft, pully, key, lower TB cover...
  13. LiLredTDI

Sticky this thread???

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=376360
  14. LiLredTDI

BEW Glow PLUG Drama part number options

Boy did VW eff this up!! I know there are 100 threads on this but thought I would share my research. The purpose of re posting some of this info is for people who have failed glow plugs and need to get their car on the road ASAP, there ARE options available as far as parts. The easiest thing...
  15. LiLredTDI

MK4 GLI springs VS stock???

My car currently has the Eibach springs and the Koni FSD set up. The springs lower the car nearly 2 inches. Running side skirts and a lip really makes the car low and I am tired of driving it like it is a dozen eggs and jacking it up being so low is a PITA. I bought some low mileage springs...
  16. LiLredTDI

Glow plug testing with VAGCOM???

******UPDATE: LOG ADDED TO POST #9******* Cold today (18 deg F) went to start car and she complained, took 5-6 attempts to get her to run. Once running she ran rough with bluish smoke for a minute or two. Check engine light on says glow plug fault. Is there a way to tell which one on...
  17. LiLredTDI

o2J Tranny in gear with clutch out???

Tried to search this issue and could not find any info. Background: Car was inop for about 5 months while I was doing some repairs. (No repairs were tranny related) Before putting it back on road I wanted to insure brakes worked properly after sitting so long. Removed all wheels and...
  18. LiLredTDI

Critique my log

Just went through a TB fail and R/R my head for inspection. Finally re installed everything and used my VCDS to check torsion value. It started at - 0.05 and after 3 adjustments I got it at 0.00. I also took some other info but do not know if it is normal or not. If ya do not mind take a...
  19. LiLredTDI

WTB GLI Springs-MK4

Like it says above. Contact me if ya got em.
  20. LiLredTDI

BEW Tensioner help and advice

Ok, Followed all the instructions, watched videos on youtube etc. and am still having an issue. Each time I rotate the engine 2 full revolutions, the pointer on the tensioner is no longer in the v notch. It moves to the left and is still on the shiny metal backing area but NOT in the v...