Search results

1. invader

MK5 Jetta parts

I am junking my 2006 Jetta. I am not really doing a full part out of the car but I thought I would throw it out there if anyone is looking for something in particular before I have it towed off.
  2. invader

FS: I have to upgrade BRM turbo cores for sale

FS: I have two upgrade BRM turbo cores for sale I have a factory PD 140. The bearing was wining so it needs a rebuild. I also have a Darkside Development 200HP turbo seen here...
  3. invader

FS: Front Koni coilovers for MK5 Jetta $300

I have a set of used front Koni coilovers for sale. There is a catch though. They are still on my car which I am dumping. I need to have some kind of suspension on there to have it towed away. So it would require you to send me your stock front suspension so I can install it on my car when I...
  4. invader

FS Colt stage 2 hardened cam Kit for BRM with cam and pully tool $1000

I have a brand new, still in the box, Colt Stage 2 cam kit and the tools to install it, up for sale. Cam is gone This is a complete kit with the hardened cam, black lifters, bearings seals and bolts. The tools are the cam holding tool and the pulley tool. I am selling it because I just...
  5. invader

2006 Jetta blew the motor. So long Freds TDI

As the title indicated, its over for my Jetta TDI. I have been lurking here for 10 years now. Wow, cant believe how long its been already. This forum has been awesome. Just a wealth of info. Looks like I dropped a valve in the motor. Here is the back ground: Just a few weeks ago, my car...
  6. invader

Could use a little help-cam sensor, (or at least I thought it was)

(SOLVED!) Could use a little help-cam sensor, (or at least I thought it was) Sorry, this post will be a little long.:rolleyes: So last Tuesday morning I left for work at 5:00am Got about 4 miles from home and the car starts cutting out and running like crap. I get to a safe spot to pull over...
  7. invader

Wheel bearing brand, does it matter?

After 275K miles its finally time for front wheel bearings. Searching Google for a set, (both sides with new bolts), I find a wide range of brands and prices. Mostly I am looking at ESC Tuning. They have sets ranging from almost $500, (OEM VW/Audi), to other brands. One being as low...
  8. invader

Comers for plastic cowl under windshield.

I would like to replace my broken plastic cowl just below the windshield under the wipers. I have found the cowl part number and the part but I can't seem to find the little corners at each end. They attach to the end of the cowl and direct rain water and debris onto the cowl. If anyone...
  9. invader

Can a bad valve cover gasket cause a boost regulation fault code?

So I have been getting limp mode the last few months along with a CEL. It was once in a while at first. But it's been getting more and more regular to the point that I had to start looking in to it. Pulled the code. Don't remember the code just now but it was the boost regulation implausible...
  10. invader

GTI shifter in Jetta? Lower assembly. Not just the knob

Any one know if this will drop right in to my 2006 Jetta? I know the hole in the top of the shaft faces front to back instead of left to right. I want to know if the mounting is the same as well as the cable placement and length...
  11. invader

DSG shifter shaft broke. Looking for a little help

About 5 years ago I swapped out the stock auto shifter knob with the side button and put in a GTI round shifter with the button in the front. The way I made it work was I twisted the top of the shift shaft so the hole at the top of the shaft is facing front to back instead of left to right. Well...
  12. invader

Where to get a new head lamp connector housing?

My head lamp connector on the driver side has the lock clip broken off. It keeps coming loose and of course the head lamp stops working. Any ideas on where to buy a new connector housing, other than the dealer? I haven't checked the dealer yet to see if they even sell it. Also, how does it...
  13. invader

Rear passenger LED running light not working.

So as the title says, my rear passenger running light stopped working. They are LED tails. The brake, turn signal are working fine. I also have the out light indicator lit on the dash. They have been installed for over 5 years and have never had any problem with them. I have double...
  14. invader

Where does this connector go?

Can someone tell me where this connector is supposed to go? Had a friend do some front end body work and I found this unplugged. I have looked but cannot find a place to plug it in. He may have left something off the car that it plugs into. As you can see from the photo, it is right off the...
  15. invader

Is My PCM fried?

So my car way in a fairly minor accident. Basically, hood, ,front bumper cove and grill. It did bend the radiator, intercooler and ac condenser just enough to have to replace them. So I am having a retired body guy friend repair the car. Now the car was still running fine after the accident...
  16. invader

Air bag light came on

On the way into work I noticed the air bag light came on. I know I need to scan with VCDS but was just wondering if there is a common issue that I might be able to check quick when the air bag light comes on. Thanks
  17. invader

Can't get the front top strut bolt to come loose. Any tricks to it?

So I have some after market adjustable camber plates that I installed in place of my stock upper strut mounts. I believe the driver side camber plate/strut mount is shot. I am getting a lot of rattling from it. So I was trying to remove the camber plate to check it out and could not get the...
  18. invader

Replacing my MAF. Is there an adaptation for it?

Put a cheap eBay MAF in. It seems to be working other than still getting a CEL. 2 codes one for implausible MAF signal and one for MAF signal low. Is there an adaptation with VCDS for the MAF? Couldn't find it but thought I would ask. Probably just have to buy a Bosch MAF. Thanks
  19. invader

VCDS MAF..can't find the "specified" reading

Trying to check my MAF reading verses specified with VCDS. I can find the MAF actual reading but I am not seeing the MAF specified reading like it show on this page: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/maf-sensor-faq-troubleshooting-replacement-vw-audi-tdi-diesel/ Supposed to be in...
  20. invader

Found the solution to my Limp Mode!!

I have started a few threads on the limp mode problem I have been having for the last few months. While trying to research the problem for a solution, I was reading a thread on the Zip Tie mod. With in this thread I found this link...