Search results

1. R

1996 TDI Wagon 180037 miles-Chapel Hill, NC

SOLD :) What's wrong with it? 1. tapedeck is jammed and radio has a short that causes intermittent cutoff and static. Driver's side window disconnected, window motor works but regulator jams. AC was working after 2008 but needs fluid and some TLC. Just added a new door and have installed two...
  2. R

1996 B4 website of photos

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/117123618548736485175/album/AF1QipPaVlBlzb10_AMsnj2_CjC4plKX32rYjRYQyMVL?authKey=CIjlwYT9loO_Uw See photos at google web site.This seems to be the only way an 80year old can get them available I plan to post details on Passat B4 for sale also I started out...
  3. R

my 1996 green 5speed TDI wagon

Purchased January 1, 1996 just before Hurricane Fran.Fortunately parked on high ground behind Southern States Raleigh VW. All the VW's in front were flooded out. Faithful service across the USA East-West and North-South while monitoring Army Research. It was a big step up from my 1989 Jetta...
  4. R

need 96 passat drivers side door latch

My 96 Passat TDI needs a drivers side door latch and cable. The door latch is part no.367837015G. Also a drivers side front inside handle part No 3a0837225aa94. These have been discontinued by VW for th past several years. Any help would be appreciated rrrcryst:)
  5. R

electronic test outlet for 2010 Jetta TDI

Have been looking for where this has been relocated to. My 96 Passat TDI has it just to the right of the steering wheel. Where is it on the 2010 Jetta?:confused:
  6. R

linux vagcom software

I just compiled freediag-0.3 scantool software on an old A20M IBM ThinkPad. I have a VagCoM serial interface from Ross that I have hooked up to my 1996 Passat TDI. I can't seem to see the ECU when the software runs. I used every interface listed in the program. It says ISO9141 on the ROSS part...
  7. R

1996 Passat Motor Mounts

Thinking of replacing my original motor mounts. Is there any preference out there for specific brand durability?:) Any info or pros and minuses would be
  8. R

airbag and airbag sensor replacement B4 Passat

SOLD CAR 8/17/18 I am resurrecting my 96 TDI wagon after finally buying it back from the insurance company in June. It is running fine with a new radiator and a slightly used but sound power steering reservoir. I have hit the VAGCOM list to see if someone might help me with a scan of the airbag...
  9. R

window regulator lawsuit

For those of you who have had window regulator problems. I recently got an email from the following about this. They must have gotten my name from a parts distributor. http://www.stuevesiegel.com/ is a law firm collecting data. I have replaced 2 regulators driver side and worked on them when...
  10. R

1996 Passat TDI Wagon value after a nasty

I have been a ghost member for a number of years and have driven my TDI Wagon since I bought it new in NC in 1996. It was one of my lucky days when I picked it up because it was on the high ground in back of the dealer's showroom in Raleigh. Everything in front, which was most of their cars...