Search results

1. R

Buyback Lessons Learned

top-up They bought my 2014 Jetta back Jan 2017 It had very low mileage. We got an additional Bosch payment of $350 this past summer. The buyback covered 95% of my 2017 Honda CRV cost. That was great. I am working on fixing my 1996 B4 6 speed Passat driver side door and window now. Would like...
  2. R

1996 TDI Wagon 180037 miles-Chapel Hill, NC

Just got the inside door panel off to fix the door lock and have taken out the old door handle. When the rain stops will put the new German handle on and graphite it all up. I plan to readjust the window while it is all dissasembled and we have a few cool days.
  3. R

Might add Leith VW drained and refilled the brake cylinder and brake lines in Nov 2016 and new ceramic front brake pads were added ln November 2016 by Brown's auto Chapel Hill...
  4. R

SOLD :) What's wrong with it? 1. tapedeck is jammed and radio has a short that causes intermittent cutoff and static. Driver's side window disconnected, window motor works but regulator jams. AC was working after 2008 but needs fluid and some TLC. Just added a new door and have installed two...
  5. R

1996 B4 website of photos

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/117123618548736485175/album/AF1QipPaVlBlzb10_AMsnj2_CjC4plKX32rYjRYQyMVL?authKey=CIjlwYT9loO_Uw See photos at google web site.This seems to be the only way an 80year old can get them available I plan to post details on Passat B4 for sale also I started out...
  6. R

my 1996 green 5speed TDI wagon

trouble downloading pictures 180,000miles, full size spare, glovebox added I sent 7pics to to Brian Metz for help. https://www.flickr.com/photos/155244447@N08/shares/94S0Ms
  7. R

my 1996 green 5speed TDI wagon

Purchased January 1, 1996 just before Hurricane Fran.Fortunately parked on high ground behind Southern States Raleigh VW. All the VW's in front were flooded out. Faithful service across the USA East-West and North-South while monitoring Army Research. It was a big step up from my 1989 Jetta...
  8. R

interior swap

Hi Jackbear, I would like to pull my 96 Passat B4 Variant's radio out to fix a short and the tape deck. Is there a place where the procedure is shown simply? I will be 80 next month and would like to tidy it up a bit before selling. Thanks, rrrcryst
  9. R

Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

I was approved December 16th but then found that the first appointment was late Jan at one dealer and early February at two other dealers. I took the earliest appointment and filed a complaint with the consumer division of the NC Attorney General's Office. They have sent a letter to VW asking...
  10. R

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

vw slow as molasses on processing I completed my stuff on Dec 16th and got to choose a return date. I looked at 3 dealers within 25miles, the earliest date available was January 24th. Two of the dealers only had times in February. VW is keeping the money as long as they can.They...
  11. R

B4 odds & ends

I'm looking for some latch hardware, inner handle and cable for a 96 Passat wagon's drivers front door if you have parts remaining
  12. R

need 96 passat drivers side door latch

My 96 Passat TDI needs a drivers side door latch and cable. The door latch is part no.367837015G. Also a drivers side front inside handle part No 3a0837225aa94. These have been discontinued by VW for th past several years. Any help would be appreciated rrrcryst:)
  13. R

electronic test outlet for 2010 Jetta TDI

Thanks found it.Also got a $7E8 code which is apparently a too rich oxygen sensor. Is that a warranty repair. I am over 3 years now but the EGR system has ,at least I think, a longer warranty. Any reason for the cooling fan to run a bit excessively sporadically when the engine is shut down...
  14. R

2010Jetta TDI electrical connect to computer Thanks I will check it out in the daylight. 27000miles and getting a service needed message so need to check it out with my Harbor Freight tool.
  15. R

Have been looking for where this has been relocated to. My 96 Passat TDI has it just to the right of the steering wheel. Where is it on the 2010 Jetta?:confused:
  16. R

linux vagcom software

An update on my non-starting 96 Passat TDI wagon. Called JimBote in NC and he thought my fuel pump had lost it's prime. He suggested using a small 12volt fuel pump from advanced auto. Got that and tried it but turned out the extra battery was bad that I was trying to run it off of. Meanwhile I...
  17. R

linux vagcom software

well I got the interface to work on a t40 IBM with a flaky video screen but with a serial port on the dock. That is the only computer that my Bentley manual runs on as well. I got a secondary air injection solenoid valve error and am trying to find the fuse for that first. The Bentley manual...
  18. R

New VAG-Com Locator website

Got a virus alert when I tried Ed's TDI link to Vag-Com
  19. R

linux vagcom software

Hi Bruce, I tried it with a keyspan connector(serial to USB) without any success using the Lite program from the Ross-Tech website with my win 7 portable. I also tried it hooked up to a Linux portable with a serial port using freediag0.3 open source scantool. Both give me no connection to ECU. I...
  20. R

linux vagcom software

Thanks again. I just loaded a Win program from scantool.net version 1.13. Glad I am retired.