Search results

1. H

2022 Detroit Auto Show

My son and I plan to attend the Detroit Auto Show this year for the first time since 2019. Woohoo! Is anyone else attending?
  2. H

Motor Oil and DSG fluid free

I have the following I'm giving away for free. You must pickup at my place in Sterling, VA. 5 quarts of DSG fluid 1 DSG filter for my 2014 Golf 1 hose kit to change DSG fluid 1 gallon of motor oil VW spec for 2014 2.0 TDI engine 1 Oil filter for 2014 2.0 TDI All must be picked up at my...
  3. H

Ross Tech Micro-CAN

I am selling a Ross Tech Micro-CAN used just one time. $100.
  4. H

Continental Tire Recall

I received a notice in the mail that my tire might be defective so I thought I'd pass on the warning to everyone. This recall effects replacement tires only --those purchased in February thru March of 2015...
  5. H

Replacing windshield

I need to get my windshield replaced. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a tinted windshield, the old kind with 3"-4" of tint across the top of the windshield instead of frit? Thanks. Like this:
  6. H

Motor Oil Brand Name

Has anyone heard of Pentosin brand motor oil? Can anyone recommend it for a 2014 VW Golf TDI? http://www.kermatdi.com/pentosin-super-performance-iii-5w30-507-00-5l-8078206-pentosin/
  7. H

30k service price

Anyone know about what I can expect to pay for a 30k mile service at the dealer?
  8. H

Opti-Lube Single Clean

Anyone try Opti-Lube Single Clean fuel system cleaner? http://opti-lube.com/diesel-fuel-improver/single-clean-diesel-system-improver/diesel-fuel-improver-sc.html
  9. H

windshield replacement

I need to replace my windshield, but I don't trust any of the glass shops. Does anyone know how to do this job? Or know of a good glass shop in Maryland or N. Virginia?
  10. H

Windshield replacement on Golf

I need to get my windshield replaced on my Golf. I've had some really bad experiences in the past with glass shops. Does anyone know if the glass shop will need to remove the interior A-pillar plastic covers to replace the windshield? If they do need to be removed, how do they come off?
  11. H

Bike rack

I am going to buy a roof bike rack for my '14 VW Golf 5-door. Does anyone know how for-mounted bikes I can get on the VW-branded roof rails? Thanks
  12. H

bad luck, Chummy

On Wednesday night here in Maryland we had heavy rain. I got distracted turning into the Safeway parking lot and ran over the curb. Before I knew it, all four wheels were on the sidewalk. Oh, so embarrassing for Mr. Magoo. Worst yet, is I popped the tire sidewall and ruined my alloy wheel. I...
  13. H

Tight oil plug

My other car is a VW Routan, which is really a Chrysler. Since I am stuck and this is a general auto question I am hoping someone here can offer advice on my dilemma. Usually I take it to the shop for an oil change. But today, I am changing the oil on my PentaStar 3.6 V6. However I cannot get...
  14. H

Fuel cap

Can anyone get the fuel cap to sit on the fuel door while refueling as shown in the user manual? Mine always falls off.
  15. H

bike rack

For a 2014 Golf, any recommendations on a roof rack to carry bikes? Or is the hitch-mounted bike rack the way to go? I already own a nice Thule hitch-mount bike rack, but no hitch on my Golf. I really don't care for the look of a hitch on a Golf.
  16. H

Vagcom?

What exactly is a vagcom and how is it different than a code reader the guy at Auto Zone uses to read a code? Do I need to buy one?
  17. H

iPhone operation

When using navigation on my iPhone and the iPhone is connected via Bluetooth, I do not get the nav voice promps. Can this be fixed? I am not stream music, just using Nav and listening to FM radio thru the car's radio.
  18. H

Can't find a thread

I thought I saw a thread about letting the dealer do the first oil change in a TDI. Now, I cannot find it. I have ran several searches and read results 3 pages deep. Was it even on this forum where I saw this thread!
  19. H

A/C in Golf

Coming from a Subaru Forester, the A/C in my Golf seems chill'in in comparison. For instance, in 90 degree weather the only way cold came out of the vents in the Subbie is to get the car moving, but the Golf throws cold air within a minute while at a stand-still. So what is the difference...
  20. H

door ajar

Yesterday my door was not closed fully. Instead of telling me the door is open, the MFI displayed something about put the shift selector in Park. That made me think my transmission is fubar. Why doesn't VW just tell my door is open?