Search results

1. H

2022 Detroit Auto Show

My son and I plan to attend the Detroit Auto Show this year for the first time since 2019. Woohoo! Is anyone else attending?
  2. H

12th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2019 - the FINAL Winterfest!

Yes it is. That’s Why I never like Honda because their engines are always torque anemic. I always loved diesel cuz of the noise and smell. I guess I’m simple.
  3. H

I did not notice. That surprises me cuz he is a die hard TDI fan more so than me. That said I still miss my TDI. That was without a doubt the nicest car I ever owned. From it's interior, build quality, NVH, seats, engine, transmission. Just a great car.
  4. H

Can me and my son attend even though I sold my TDI in the buyback?
  5. H

Motor Oil and DSG fluid free

Do you want the motor oil and the DSG fluid? It's all yours.
  6. H

Motor Oil and DSG fluid free

I have the following I'm giving away for free. You must pickup at my place in Sterling, VA. 5 quarts of DSG fluid 1 DSG filter for my 2014 Golf 1 hose kit to change DSG fluid 1 gallon of motor oil VW spec for 2014 2.0 TDI engine 1 Oil filter for 2014 2.0 TDI All must be picked up at my...
  7. H

Ross Tech Micro-CAN

It's still available.
  8. H

Ross Tech Micro-CAN

I am selling a Ross Tech Micro-CAN used just one time. $100.
  9. H

Dieselgate: Volkswagen to Spend Up to $14.7 Billion to Settle ...

At the time of the buyback, does anyone think the VW and the dealers will have special deals to get us to buy a gasser VW?
  10. H

Detroit asleep at the job ?

I am. Did you read the wording that if you sell your car after 6/27/16 you don't get any money.
  11. H

Bad time to buy?

What does CPO mean?
  12. H

9th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2016 - January 16 (aka WINTERFEST)

I made my hotel reservation. Thank you Lawson for setting this up.
  13. H

I-81 NB through Lower Pa.

If it was towards Gettysburg then it had to Rt 30 East.
  14. H

best method to splice 2 wires together

No he is not blowing smoke when dealing with a high frequency signal, but for DC, this does not apply.
  15. H

But that is solid conductor wire. I am not convinced it is the best crimp for stranded conductor wire.
  16. H

Soldering is a bad way because with vibration and time the wire will weaken and break off. Try and find a soldered connection on your car from the manufacturer. You won't find one.
  17. H

9th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2016 - January 16 (aka WINTERFEST)

Me, my son, and two nephews will be attending.
  18. H

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

It is a re-flash fix. http://www.cnet.com/news/new-vw-ceo-says-cars-affected-by-emissions-rigging-scandal-to-be-refitted/
  19. H

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Looks like VW is taking the software re-flash route. http://www.cnet.com/news/new-vw-ceo-says-cars-affected-by-emissions-rigging-scandal-to-be-refitted/
  20. H

I think a compromise will be reached. Some politician(s) will take a payoff and push a compromise consisting of a fine only thru the EPA.