Search results

1. V

2000 TDI Jetta Shakes when taking off

Car starts and runs even in the cold of Ontario, however, when pulling away it shudders/vibrates. The clutch pedal even pulses as if the throw out bearing is going, however, no noise etc. While driving, you can feel a little bit of a vibration, like a weak cylinder, almost. Anyone lose a...
  2. V

Key Fob Questions For the experts..

I'm in the same position trying to program a remote. I turn on the ignition, lock the door and hold it locked, as the instruction with new remote suggest, but the red light on the door won't come on. Does it need to light up, or not? I'm at a loss as to why it won't turn on the light when the...
  3. V

Codes P1557 and P3130

Replaced all of the vacuum lines today and the car pulls strong without going into limp home. The P3130 still showed up, however, so I'm thinking the Egr cooler needs a good cleaning, as the car has 360K on it. While in there, I also checked and adjusted the timing, as the belt had 25k on it...
  4. V

Codes P1557 and P3130

Thanks, man. much appreciated. What should the vacuum output of the pump normally be? Should the vacuum supply side of the two vac switches (N75 and 18) hold a vacuum with the vehicle turned off, or is it normal to bleed down at a high enough rate to not get a solid vac reading? Doug
  5. V

Codes P1557 and P3130

Could this be due to insufficient vacuum, as both are controlled by it? The nipple on the pump was loose, so I JB Welded it. Does anyone know what the vacuum should be at to operate these actuators? As well, it is a bear to start in the cold, as if the glow plugs aren't getting their glow on...
  6. V

ALH leaking vacuum pump

Figured as much, but thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a job for the morning.
  7. V

ALH leaking vacuum pump

While on the topic of vac pump leaks, has anyone had the nipple come loose creating a leak? Thanks
  8. V

FS: In-Dash Cupholder

Will you ship to Canada? Barrie ON? Thanks
  9. V

Good (Cheap) Source for New Key Fob?

How do you know which remote you need without going thru the dealer? I have two 2000 jettas without remotes, or switch blades for that matter. Is there some way to tell? Thanks Doug
  10. V

WTB: VW Key Fobs

I have two 2000 TDI Jettas and neither came with Fobs. How do I find out what fob to buy and where are they for sale, besides the dealer?
  11. V

98 Jetta A/C Compressor won't turn on

The switch is in the upper rad hose. unplug it and jump the wires with a cotter pin or piece of wire. if the clutch doesn't engage, start looking at the low pressure switch on the drier, down behind the RF signal light. four wires, short the top two when looking at the plug with the ribs on the...
  12. V

Thanks for the link. Once I had a good schematic to follow (thanks again), it all made sense. It also brought back memories. Check the switch in the upper rad hose. Unplug it and bypass it with the engine running and AC selected. this is the second car I've had where that switch had failed...
  13. V

I have the same issue. I've jumped the 1&2 terminal on the pressure switch at the drier (down by the horn under the R signal light) and still nothing. The system is charged but no fans or clutch.. I'm thinkin relay, but don't know which one or how to chase. Good luck with yours.
  14. V

98 Jetta Alarm goes off for no reason

I don't know why, but the alarm will go off for no reason. Anyone have any ideas? Doug
  15. V

Can't read codes

98 TDI jetta and 98 VR6 Golf w service lights on and the code readers wo't pick up the codes. I've tried 3 different readers. All of these used to work on them, but no longer. The readers work on my Passat and other cars, so they aren't the issue... Any thoughts? Thanks:confused:
  16. V

Code 1403

Thanks. I'll check that out.
  17. V

Code 1403

I need help with a code. I can't seem to find anything on this code. What is it and what needs to be looked into? Thanks Doug:confused: :confused: :confused:
  18. V

New to VagCom, how do get in?

I finally got into my 'offshore' VagCom but I don't know how to get my garage code or vehicle code, because I bought the car used and have no idea where it was serviced, nor do I have a manual. I use Mitchell on demand at work, so I've never needed the factory manual. I replaced the belt and my...