Search results

1. dubdoc

Old Rattle & Haul

The wheel is a restored Jaguar wheel, the shift knob is hand made, and the dash is a brand new (still wrapped in plastic) VW accessory from 1984.
  2. dubdoc

Old Rattle & Haul

Thanks for the kind replies. She's presently a much modified AAZ (Canada Only) turbodiesel. Very "Oldschool".
  3. dubdoc

Old Rattle & Haul

4. dubdoc

Red TDI Emblems

Gone...............
  5. dubdoc

Power Service & roof racks

Where/when can we meet for the handover ?
  6. dubdoc

Power Service & roof racks

I know I'm REALLY tardy here, but do you still have the Power Service ????
  7. dubdoc

Old "Rattle & Haul"

Agreed. Mine now has a 12mm head with the larger turbo.
  8. dubdoc

Old "Rattle & Haul"

Hi all. I've been lurking on here for a long time now. I've had a number of TDIs (great engines in some forms), but for the last 10 years I've been driving this 1981 VW Rabbit Pickup every summer day that I can. We've been through a number of engine evolutions, but a number of years ago, I...
  9. dubdoc

Information about german aaz

This is the other side of the same pump. The contraption you mentioned, has something to do with air conditioning high idle, I believe.
  10. dubdoc

Information about german aaz

This is what an AAZ pump should look like. The small vacuum pot on the top right, and it's associated cable, bracket and the pot, can be removed. It does nothing. The LDA (larger bump on the top, is controlled by intake manufold pressure. It's just a small line that goes to the elbow on the...
  11. dubdoc

AAZ - Oil supply and return lines for AAZ '95 TD Turbo charger

On my AAZ, I just got stainless braided lines made at a hydraulic shop. They're perfect.
  12. dubdoc

Garage find--what's it worth?

Great find. You will love this. Here's mine.
  13. dubdoc

Hauling wiith a dizzl

Thanks !
  14. dubdoc

Hauling wiith a dizzl

This is an oldschool mechanical injection 1.9 turbodiesel. It has an oversize turbo, ported head, balanced rotating assembly and all sorts of magic in the injection pump and injectors. It makes enough torque to be very scarey on a wet day, and I LOVE it !:D
  15. dubdoc

Hauling wiith a dizzl

Well, my 1950s Triumph TRW finally arrived home for the restoration to begin. The little truck handles the weight surprisingly well with a trip back from Fredericton in the 120-130 km/h range. It used less than 1/2 a tank of fuel. Good Girl !
  16. dubdoc

2.5L 5 cyl tdi MK4 swap any one looked into this?..

I have heard about a V5 TDI for years and even had a pic of one in a Euro New Beetle at one time. I NEED one for my Caddy.
  17. dubdoc

power service

W/W fluid is best at Home Depot. It was 1.67 a gallon a while ago.
  18. dubdoc

Floor mats anyone ?

This is a brand new set of top-of-the-line mats. Drivers side is 18.5" x 31" and passenger side is 19.5" x 27.5". Make me an offer or trade. I need them gone. They are too large for a Mk 1. I think Mk 3 or Mk 4 fitment.
  19. dubdoc

Meet

Is there a remote - relatively quiet Tims we could meet at? Does 2:00 PM sound good to everyone?