Search results

1. JASONP

Mk7 parts and accessories for sale

Good evening folks, haven't been on much in the past year but I'm here to inform you I am out of the VW scene entirely and on to something else. I've traded in the 2015 and getting rid of some parts I purchased from the dealer and other vendors. Set of 4 WeatherTech floor mats , great...
  2. JASONP

VCDS like software for Jeep Wrangler

Looking to add backup camera to the gf's 2011 Wrangler and need to enable VIM for it all to work. Anyone know of such a product that is as capable as VCDS? I did find a few kits that have a flash dongle to enable it but the kit is over $500 and I can do this for under $100 provided I can get the...
  3. JASONP

Unofficial MK7 Oil Change Guide

Start by securing car on jack stands or ramps and remove the belly pan. 8-T25 Torx 3-T45 Torx Remove the drain plug using 19mm socket or wrench. Remove t27 Torx and set aside the coolant heater if equiped (usually Canadian models) Unplug the after run coolant pump,pulling the gray tab...
  4. JASONP

Mk7 Repair Manual

Due to copyright and forum rules all links and material have been removed Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  5. JASONP

Caution, dirty pics inside!

Just a humorous thread, feel free to add yours Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  6. JASONP

Thought VW fixed this issue

Dreaded hard start this afternoon after work. Drove to work this morning in -21°C , parked all day and at 3 pm it was -13. Not thinking anything I cycled the go as usual and required, after it was ready I turned the key and usually within 2-3 seconds of cranking it fires but not today. After 4...
  7. JASONP

Coolant heater

Just to see what the heater element in this car is like I decided to plug it in on a timer for the night. Overall not impressed with it and can't seem to find what the wattage is.??? Timer was set for 2 hours before my alarm clock and no discernable difference in starting or temp rise. Read the...
  8. JASONP

Slight Metal rattle on start up

Past 3 weeks have noticed on a cold start there's a metalic rattle like a thin pulley with a loose washer on it, best I can describe. Car has been at dealer since yesterday morning but when I went in could they hear it so keeping it overnight again to dig into it. Meantime I have a 2.5 gasser...
  9. JASONP

Anyone notice a regen yet?

So far in 7300 km I haven't seen the rpm above 797 at idle and no fans on, egts are around 200. When I had the CR Jetta in the first 1500 I noticed 3 regens and then about every 1000 km or so there'd be another. Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  10. JASONP

DEF question

I don't have to purchase any DEF as of yet due to the first fill being free with oil change but... in searching I can only find one product with a temp rating of -12°C which it does get colder here and concerned about freezing Any suggestions? Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  11. JASONP

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

Purpose of this thread is to inform other mk7 owners of issues they've discovered and what has been done to resolve that issue if anything. Please feel free to comment and add your issues as well.
  12. JASONP

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Added some rear bumper/hatch protection using plastidip instead of 3M clear. A bit hard to see but the matte finish looks great and will easily peel off should I wish to remove it. Sent from this Galaxy
  13. JASONP

Warm up time

As cooler weather starts to set in around this area I've noticed that this new engine seems to warm up considerably faster than previous models. When pre-glowing I've noticed the engine WILL NOT crank until the gp light goes out, something new on this generation. After about 10-15 km I have...
  14. JASONP

Canadian Fuel Economy

I see lots of post about our neighbors to the south with their high mpgs, just wondering what us Canadians are seeing at the pumps? Today I ran till the fuel light came on at 859 km mostly highway around 75% Cost to fill was around $53 , MFD said 4.6l/100k but I did a manual calculation and...
  15. JASONP

Cornering Lights

Just noticed this today on my way to work. Lights on fogs off, fog light will illuminate in direction same as with at a standstill when turning steering wheel in either direction 180 degrees. Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  16. JASONP

VCDS Tweaks

So I have the latest beta version 14.8 and can access all installed controllers but can't seem to adapt or change anything like staging, comfort turn cycles windows up or down. Anyone else not able to do anything or am I missing a login or security code? Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  17. JASONP

DID Bulb Changing

Headlight; Remove the rubber cover closest to the fender (both sides) Rotate the plastic holder CCW about 1/8 of a turn and remove from lense Replace bulb with your choice and reinsert as show. Note the arrow indicating UP, I chose PutCo 4000 K super whites Interior Overhead Console Pry the...
  18. JASONP

Am I chomping at the bit?

Getting the urge yet again to purchase after owning the '13 Jetta for just over a year. Some of the issues that I find annoying are worth the trade up to a '15 Golf; -no option to disable TC and in winter with or without snows it's a huge pain and somewhat of a safety issue for me . - AC: I...
  19. JASONP

3M Paint Defender

As an alternative to the high cost of the 3M film application at around $400 I found this and decided to give it a go. For around $26 you CAN achieve the same affect, only time will tell how long it lasts but for the price I can do this several times over. http://youtu.be/fi3hJYmtKR4 Sent...
  20. JASONP

Haha only on canada

http://youtu.be/q4ObQvFNiaE Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk