Search results

1. alnmike

Possible intercooler issue

Hey guys, searched back a few pages in this forum to see if I could find what I was looking for, wasn't able to. Here are a couple pictures I took of the underside of my car when I was trying to replace the fluid in my transmission (Just so everyone knows, the tranny takes a 10mm hex head, not...
  2. alnmike

It finally happened, wrong oil at dealer

Had my 'free' 30k service done today, and guess what? My car is apparently a Jetta GL, which gets 501 spec oil. The past two services, its been a TDI lol. Did a couple searches and got mired in amsoil threads, ect. My question is, what is the recommended approach from here? I drove 20 minutes...
  3. alnmike

Homelink in 09 Sedan w/sunroof

Thanks to thebigarniedog and this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=270476 Im attempting to add homelink to my car but cant figure out how to do it best. Here are 4 pictures with possible spots, from favorite to least. If anyone can point me to a guide on how to take those trim...
  4. alnmike

Not for the squeamish

Welp, parked my baby for a couple weeks and when I came back, I found this: Guess a pile of snow was pushed/pulled into my car. Then, since I had to drive 800 miles that same night, I went ahead with the journey, where I got to choose between 4 ice chunks in the middle of the road, or 1 speed...
  5. alnmike

09 Wind deflectors

Im wondering whether or not to buy the sunroof deflector and front window deflector for my Jetta from weathertech.com Anyone have experience with these products or is it a waste of money? Im currently sending them an email now asking about their floor liners, since they dont have a manual...
  6. alnmike

09 Recall

Just so ya know: http://www.carseverything.com/256/2009-volkswagen-jetta-recalls.html Dunno if the TDI is considered as a 2.01 liter engine, or if thats the gasser turbo.
  7. alnmike

09 Hitch questions

I read on these forums about people having a problem with a certain hitch manufacturer, so I will be letting Uhaul install a hitch for me. I can either get a Curt or a drawtite hitch. Theres 2 curt hitches avaliable as well, which brings a little confusion. Drawtite part # 24752 Curt # 11072...
  8. alnmike

09 Yellow exhaust?

I did a cursory search and found nothing. I was wonder what could possibly be the cause of yellow exhaust in an 09 Tdi? After a short trip (1 mi.) I idled my car outside my dorm and started going inside to grab something, I went around the back of the car noticed some movement, and thought to...
  9. alnmike

CA to AK

Well, finally bought a TDI thanks to Chris in PA. Had it shipped to Washington, shipping company switched it with a Grey sport wagen going to California, after a few days on the phone with the company, I got fed up and asked for them to just buy my plane ticket from Seattle to CA since I...
  10. alnmike

09 TDI Questions

Hey all, In about 2 weeks im gonna be driving from Washington to Alaska. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get a higher idle while I pull off the road to catch some sleep, would only be like 1-2 hours at a time, so I dont think it'll hurt too much, dont want to risk turning it...
  11. alnmike

JTD invoice/order code $400

What is the Option called JTD (Jetta TDI Sport and Protection Kit) It shows up for $400 on the invoice I received from a dealer today. Never heard of it, he said it was the mat kit plus splash gaurds, but thats the protection package, for $239 invoice, not $400 invoice. MSRP this thing is 628...
  12. alnmike

09 Aftermarket/Dealer Parts

I was wondering if there was a non-dealer place to get the protection package, door moldings, foglights, and whatever else that might not be possible to get *with* the car from the dealer. I ask because im now doing a last ditch effort to find myself an 09 TDi before im forced into buying a used...
  13. alnmike

Wheel bearing?

Does a grinding sound/jolting feeling happen with a blown drivers side wheel bearing? It only happens when turning, the sharper the turn, the more pronounced, backing up is especially bad. Feels like locked 4 wheel drive, but it happens in 2 wheel (rear) also. Disclaimer: Its not a TDi, its my...
  14. alnmike

Alaska Highway

Haines to Anchorage, AK. 1/07/09. The photos are a little out of order, thanks photobucket. Started around 8 AM, ended around 10 pm. Started in the dark and halfway through the trip, it was dark. We took pictures of every single car that passed us. The first car we met in our lane was around the...
  15. alnmike

09 DPF effects

There was another thread, not gonna bother linking it since it got closed for discussing how to delete the dpf. This thread is about the effects of the exhaust system on the 09 TDI. Side note: I dont see many threads discussing cat removal being deleted for 06's and earlier models, but whatever...
  16. alnmike

SVO thought experiment

Hi all, sitting at work bored doing research. Thinking about picking up a used 2000ish jettA wagen if I can find one, instead of the 09's. That way I wouldn't have a problem running SVO. While doing my research, I've found that all you need is a rank in the trunk, an extra fuel line, heat them...
  17. alnmike

My 09 test drive

I drove my first VW ever yesterday (TDI green tester) and want to share my thoughts. Ive contacted 5-6 different dealers, and they all want MSRP. The dealer I took this test drive with didnt respond to me, but theyre the closest, they want 4k+ over. I also could get a 1-2 hour test drive from a...
  18. alnmike

A little dissapointed with 09

I just took a test drive for my first VW today. First I'm gonna list what I thought was bad, then what I liked. First off, the dealer wouldn't let me take it out for more than 15 minutes, marked up over 4k, and salesman didnt care. Another dealer 40 minutes away told me I could do an extended...