Search results

1. DLV

Blue Tooth Phone - How to do pauses?

Does anyone know how to input pauses for the blue tooth voice dial? I have several numbers that I need pauses for menus, extensions, etc.
  2. DLV

PCV Mods

Anyone have any experience with redirecting the PCV hose? On my older ALH engine I put on an elephant hose but not sure if I want to do this on my 2011. Any thoughts?
  3. DLV

Finally Received My A3

I ordered my 2011 A3 TDI on November 17, 2010 and just took delivery on April 9, 2011. Just about 5 months but worth the wait. After 340,000 miles on my 2002 Jetta TDI it was time for a change. My car has the premium plus package, titanium package, convenience package, cold weather, monza...
  4. DLV

testing 123

kufhsfhkfhsfkhsD fsdfSD /Users/davidvallerie/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2004/TDI/PICT0043.JPG
  5. DLV

Skid Plate

Any one install an aftermarket metal skid plate on the A3? I found this:http://www.evolutionimport.com/Evolution_Osiris_Skid_Plate_For_Audi_A3_p/a-00003-008.htm which is aluminum and fits the 2011. ECS sells an OEM steel one...
  6. DLV

A3 DTI Parts

A3 TDI Parts Anyone know of a good on-line source for parts for an 2011 A3 TDI?
  7. DLV

Power Window Repair

Yesterday my passenger side window made a noise like it was full of sand and then gave out a loud pop. The window was stuck open. I took off the door panel and started to investigate when I decided that I better let someone else look at this (I was afraid I was going to break the window). So...
  8. DLV

Turbo Charger Preventative Maintenance

I recently bumped into the Turbocharger Removal Procedure that Speedster and Attappman produced (NICE JOB!), and was thinking to my self about what PM could be done to the turbo. Is there any PM that can be performed to the turbo assembly while it is still on the car? Is there any PM that is...
  9. DLV

5 Point vs 6 Point Security Torx

I just went to remove my recently changed MAF and noticed that the security torx head is a 5 point and not a 6 point like my original! (you've got to be f___king kidding me). I went to my local parts store and they don't know of a 5 point manufacturer. Anybody have any sources for a 5 point...
  10. DLV

Vacuum Hose Removal Tool

Does anyone know of a tool or a technique to remove the various vacuum lines? They are a bugger to get off. Thanks,
  11. DLV

16490 - Barometric / Pressure Sensor Code

I experienced what appeared to be some turbo issues today (lack of). Sure enough, my engine thru a code: #16490 - Barometric / Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96): Implausible Signal. After performing a "search" it appears that the N75 valve may be the culprit. The snow screen, air filter...
  12. DLV

Beru vs Bosch Glow Plugs

I'm about to change my glow plugs and there seems to be a choice between Beru or Bosch. Is there any advantage to one vs the other? The cost is the same.
  13. DLV

Brake Booster Replacement

I thought I would share a recent experience regarding my brake booster and VW of USA. I sent them an e-mail last week stating that my brake booster on my 2002 Jetta TDI 5M was in need of replacement (same symptoms reported on this site) and that I understood that this was common problem with...
  14. DLV

MAF Information

I recently was having some performance issues with my 2002 Jetta, TDI 5M, 88k. I was experiencing sluggish performance and knew my snow screen and intake manifold were clean. With 88k on the car I decided that I would change out the MAF. I called the closest dealer to me and was quoted $295...
  15. DLV

Code P0402-35-10 After Intake Manifold Cleaning

I cleaned out my intake manifold last week and have since thrown a MIL code. The code is is in block 16786 - EGR System: Excessive flow - P0402-35-10...intermitant item. The car runs fine. I've cleared the code twice, but it keeps coming back. Any ideas?
  16. DLV

Intake Manifold Cleaning Post Mortum

I just finished cleaning my intake manifold and thought I'd share some advice, observations, etc. 1 Remove the exhaust cooler from the car and inspect / clean as necessary. The exhaust is on the tube side and I cleaned mine thoughorly. Be careful not to contaminate the coolant side (shell...
  17. DLV

Is it OK to Re-use Metal gaskets on exhaust cooler

I'm in the middle of cleaning my intake manifold (literally) and I made an incorrect assumption regarding the gaskets required. My Bentley lead me to beleive that the gaskets on the inlet and outlet of the exhaust cooler are the same ones used on the inlet to the egr. Well after disassembly...
  18. DLV

Is CT Adopting CA Emissions?

I recently "heard" that CT is considering adopting the CA emissions in 2006. This would mean that new model year TDI's will not be able to be registered in CA, NH, VT, MA, NY and potentially CT. Anyone know if this is true? If it is, I am considering trading in my 2002 Jetta TDI 5M for the...
  19. DLV

Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement Procedure

REAR BEARING REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE I helped and watched Jon (NYTDI) changed the rear left wheel bearing on his 1999 Golf TDI, auto. Here it is: 1. Remove the dust cap. 2. Loosen the 12-point socket shouldered nut using a 30 mm, 12-point socket and a BIG breaker bar. 3. Raise the car and...
  20. DLV

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement Procedure

FRONT BEARING REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE Changed the front left wheel bearing on my 2002 Jetta TDI, 5M. I used the B90 tool from Sir Tools. Here it is: 1. Remove the lug nut cover from the rim. 2. Loosen the 12-point socket shouldered nut using a 30 mm, 12-point socket and a BIG breaker bar. 3...