Search results

1. Power_Not_Speed

Clutch not engaging/disengaging

2006 Jetta 5 speed. I no longer live in the US so my car sits for 4-5 months at a time now. On my last visit the day before arriving my son drove it to get it washed for me but on the way up the clutch pedal went to the floor. He towed it to his house The next day I tried driving it, starting in...
  2. Power_Not_Speed

How about a diesel turbine hybrid?

I remember many years ago reading about a Volvo powered by an electric motor at each wheel with batteries charged by a small turbine. I thought at the time that it was a great concept but it faded away, never to be heard of again. Until yesterday, when I came across a link on the Factory Five...
  3. Power_Not_Speed

Pacific City, Or. 2/21

I came in from fishing yesterday and saw a silver Jetta wagon at the beach with BiodieselTDI on the back and a 'yes, it's a diesel' license plate frame. So who was it? Sorry I couldn't buy you a beer.
  4. Power_Not_Speed

What happened to Foobert?

I went to the Foobert page yesterday but the server wasn't responding. No problem, things happen, but I tried again tonight and still nothing. Anybody know what happened?
  5. Power_Not_Speed

FS New A4 Right Side Aux Fan $100 Shipped

Febi Right Auxiliary Fan Assembly Part no. W0133-1796107 My bad, I was in the middle of a 3500 mile road trip and lost the right side fan on my 06 Jetta. Mistakenly bought one for a 06 Golf which I had shipped overnight. It doesn't pay to be in a hurry. It's still packed, never opened and will...
  6. Power_Not_Speed

2006 Golf TDI on L.A. Craigslist

I've been in this car. It really is that nice. I hope someone here can get it.
  7. Power_Not_Speed

Best way to store my car

I just bought an 06 Jetta 5 speed that will sit idle for 3 months at a time as I work overseas. What would be the steps can I take to make sure it doesn't deteriorate? With my other cars I just dump some fuel stabilizer in the tank and disconnect the battery, but I haven't had a car as complex...