Search results

1. Power_Not_Speed

MK6 Free items

I’d like to get the wheel lug caps, will pay shipping and for your packing. Left mine at the track on a track day.
  2. Power_Not_Speed

Received Tesla Model 3, gave back TDI to VW

I would be more than happy to go electric. Unfortunately I don't live in the US and when there often drive 250 miles per day with several 1,000 mile days. But if I had a 'normal' life with a daily commute I would definitely have an EV. More power, better economy than a TDI, quiet, few moving...
  3. Power_Not_Speed

Clutch not engaging/disengaging

Thanks for the tips. I wish I was there to play with it but can’t get away for now. One of the top Girus did the work and I’m sure used all new parts and is very thorough. Dave, I’ll probably be in touch with you in a month or so. Thanks! Gotta renew the ol’ AAA.
  4. Power_Not_Speed

Clutch not engaging/disengaging

2006 Jetta 5 speed. I no longer live in the US so my car sits for 4-5 months at a time now. On my last visit the day before arriving my son drove it to get it washed for me but on the way up the clutch pedal went to the floor. He towed it to his house The next day I tried driving it, starting in...
  5. Power_Not_Speed

Tesla is blocked from direct sales in NJ

Because NADA can afford lobbyists to protect their members from the free market and competition. Maybe there are good dealers with great service and knowledgeable service personnel; Thundershorts says his is. It seems the vast majority of feedback from our members say otherwise about the rest...
  6. Power_Not_Speed

No law was violated, it was an administrative rule pushed by a trade association to protect a monopoly. You're right, I've never owned a car dealership, but when organizations fight for protectionism it's usually because they are using an outdated business model. If dealerships can't change with...
  7. Power_Not_Speed

True, but the first that has really put a light on the issue. Now there will be questions on why. And how NADA will defend it.
  8. Power_Not_Speed

Portland area gurus?

Best way to contact is through a PM. He works a real job during the day so have a little patience- he will get back to you. And you will be happy you waited.
  9. Power_Not_Speed

8th Annual PNW GTG Food Thread!

My bad. My changes last night didn't come through, forgot the additions.
  10. Power_Not_Speed

1. Bugget - Costco burgers and buns plus napkins and plates (I still have the napkins and plates from last year!). 2. kIWIBRU - More meat from the PNW! Lamb sausage, ground lamb, maybe some grass fed beef or other exotic local fare...kabob! Still got skewers from three years ago! 3...
  11. Power_Not_Speed

1. Bugget - Costco burgers and buns plus napkins and plates (I still have the napkins and plates from last year!). 2. kIWIBRU - More meat from the PNW! Lamb sausage, ground lamb, maybe some grass fed beef or other exotic local fare...kabob! Still got skewers from three years ago! 3...
  12. Power_Not_Speed

Butt Ugly Cars

I also think the Juke and Cube are ugly but I'm also as old as dirt and drive a four door Corolla lookalike. My grandkids think the Juke is cool but the Cube is kinda old. I don't fit in the Juke demographics and I'm sure that's fine with Nissan.
  13. Power_Not_Speed

8th Annual PNW BoraParts/Fixum GTG August 17, 2013

Attendee list: 1. Bleachedbora (Aaron; 3A, 2C) 2. Bugget (Tom; 2A, 1C) 3. evolDiesel (Jack; 1 attending, mmm food) 4. Slamhouse(2 attending, 1C) 5. bhutchins(1A, 1C) 6. Matthew 7. Kiwibru 8. cmitchell (Chuck) 1A ... possibly 1C 9.PDiesoiler (1A) 10. 06SpiceRedTDI 11. Growler (1A) 12. Oldpoopie...
  14. Power_Not_Speed

Why haven't I heard more about the Chevy Volt?

Sad but true. I saw this in Los Angeles a couple years back.
  15. VW291

VW291

16. Turnover

Turnover

17. Turnover

Turnover

18. IMG_0308r

IMG_0308r

19. PAD1

PAD1